Shams: Oladipo to Houston for Levert in Harden trade (Deal Complete)

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Re: Shams: Oladipo to Houston for Levert in Harden trade 

Post#141 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:54 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Uh I did not have this. Curious to see what else Indy gets here. Because this feels gross without something else significant for Indy.

So Chuck now with LeVert out 8 weeks before he can even pick up a basketball and workout how does this feel for Indiana? Still gross?
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: Shams: Oladipo to Houston for Levert in Harden trade (Deal Complete) 

Post#142 » by Tom White » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I still am a bit disappointed at the returns they got for Vic, but if you look at the big picture, this is fine

If you want to look at it from a different view, you could consider that the team got LeVert, Sabonis, 2 2nd round picks and 2.6M for Paul George.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#143 » by Wizop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:47 pm

I got an alert on my phone that LeVert was doing a presser and I caught most of it. Here's a link to where I think it will replay but it isn't up as I write this.

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers-acquire-caris-levert
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#144 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:00 am

We ended up receiving the least favorable 2023 2nd round pick amongst Houston, Dallas, and Miami as well as the less favorable 2024 2nd round picks of Utah and Cleveland in this deal. So, neither one projects super awesome. But, they're there.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#145 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Whoa. J.Michael went all out against Vic and/or his people on Twitter after Vic’s comments last night.

C
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#146 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:06 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:53 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#148 » by Topofthekey » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:58 am

Sounds like Pacers' own version of the Uncle Dennis situation
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#149 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:35 am

I guess Vic's people really are that toxic. Hopefully it's just Vic letting them deal with things rather than being involved. It seemed like he was ok here, but obviously distant. I wouldn't expect something like that from him, though those postgame comments were seemingly out of character. At least he's better at having a chip on his shoulder about it all than PG has been.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#150 » by Tom White » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Sounds like Pacers' own version of the Uncle Dennis situation

Uncle Dennis? Who was (or is) that?
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#151 » by Topofthekey » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:07 pm

Tom White wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Sounds like Pacers' own version of the Uncle Dennis situation

Uncle Dennis? Who was (or is) that?

Kawhi's uncle, who (reportedly) gave bad advice to Kawhi and was responsible for creating the messy situation between Kawhi and the Spurs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/who-is-kawhi-leonards-uncle-dennis/amp/
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#152 » by Tom White » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:16 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Kawhi's uncle, who (reportedly) gave bad advice to Kawhi and was responsible for creating the messy situation between Kawhi and the Spurs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/who-is-kawhi-leonards-uncle-dennis/amp/

Ah, OK. I do remember something about that now. Thanks.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:38 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30981753/sources-victor-oladipo-turned-2-year-452-million-extension-houston-rockets

Oladipo turned down a 2 year, $45.2m extension offer from Houston. Which, dang. We traded him after he turned down our 4/$113m extension, so Houston didn't even offer him the maximum 2 year extension that they could (though Woj is saying this is the maximum, it doesn't appear to be true). His maximum 2 year extension offer should be $52.4m, so they only offered him ~85% of what they could.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Mar 1, 2021 12:58 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30981753/sources-victor-oladipo-turned-2-year-452-million-extension-houston-rockets

Oladipo turned down a 2 year, $45.2m extension offer from Houston. Which, dang. We traded him after he turned down our 4/$113m extension, so Houston didn't even offer him the maximum 2 year extension that they could (though Woj is saying this is the maximum, it doesn't appear to be true). His maximum 2 year extension offer should be $52.4m, so they only offered him ~85% of what they could.

Ah. Figured it out. A player cannot receive an extension 6 months after being dealt, except for an extension bound by the "extend and trade", which limits the player to only a 5% raise over the last year of the current deal he's playing on, and only 5% yearly raises, as opposed to a normal extension, which would allow a 20% raise over the final year, and 8% raises.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#155 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Mar 1, 2021 2:07 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30981753/sources-victor-oladipo-turned-2-year-452-million-extension-houston-rockets

He doesn't want to be there anyway. He wants to be on a superstar laden team such as Lakers, Nets, or Heat and win a quick championship. Maybe big market Knicks if he plans to continue his NBA paycheck. He may be looking to get out and pursue other interests. I'm guessing the Heat due to location.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#156 » by Wizop » Mon Mar 1, 2021 4:23 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:He wants to be on a superstar laden team such as Lakers, Nets, or Heat and win a quick championship. Maybe big market Knicks if he plans to continue his NBA paycheck. He may be looking to get out and pursue other interests. I'm guessing the Heat due to location.

I'm not so sure. I think he wants to be THE Superstar in a big market where he can monetize both his play and his music.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by Topofthekey » Mon Mar 1, 2021 5:02 pm

Wizop wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:He wants to be on a superstar laden team such as Lakers, Nets, or Heat and win a quick championship. Maybe big market Knicks if he plans to continue his NBA paycheck. He may be looking to get out and pursue other interests. I'm guessing the Heat due to location.

I'm not so sure. I think he wants to be THE Superstar in a big market where he can monetize both his play and his music.

So he's going to the Knicks then
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#158 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Mar 1, 2021 7:12 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Wizop wrote:

So he's going to the Knicks then

Maybe. The Knicks will have room for close to 2 maximum salary players in free agency, and Oladipo may be the only one on the market (debatable), if Jrue and Kawhi stay where they're at. Miami obviously is a possible spot. Houston maybe as the incumbent. If an LA team had a max salary slot, we could pencil Vic in safely there, I'm sure.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#159 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 12, 2021 8:43 pm

I truly hate to see this. I know, burned bridges and all, but never want to see this keep up.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#160 » by Topofthekey » Wed May 12, 2021 11:04 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I truly hate to see this. I know, burned bridges and all, but never want to see this keep up.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

He really should have just taken that extension offered by Pacers and then just focus on his rehab, instead of listening to people around him and betting on himself and trying to make a what now looks like a premature comeback

Pacers sort of dodged a bullet there

Return to Indiana Pacers