ImageImageImageImageImage

James Harden is a crushingly, amazing bball player (I cannot believe how wrong I was)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: James Harden is a crushingly, amazing bball player (I cannot believe how wrong I was) 

Post#21 » by gigantes » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:20 pm

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Still blows my mind people were resistant, or even deadset agains aquiring harden. When you can get a top 5 player... you do it. period. those guys are game changers...

I realise all that, but it was never a bipolar situation as I see it. Not even close. Truly, there really were pros and cons to such a trade, and a steep, steep price for getting it done.

Proky-- for someone who's such an illuminating poster in general (IMO), you really are prone to ridiculously cheap arguments in order to advance your opinion.

Please miss me with that BS in future, as another poster here famously said.

There are no cons, and it wasnt a steep price. the best thing we gave up was jarret allen. the risk is very much mitigated by houston owing 4 of its next 5 picks to OKC. that and our current situation will make it extremely unlikely more then 2 convery and a good bet 0 convey.

For an MVP and top 5 player AND we still have depth.

People drastically overrated levert, overstated a percieved lack of depth post trade, and criminially underrated harden all while neglecting the impact of always having 2 all-nba players on the floor. take it further and harden keeps you afloat with KD/Kyrie durability issues.

Oh, go f-ck yourself... Jason isn't it?

It still blows my mind how you're like 90% right on everything, but that last 10% is just ridiculously elusive for you, for whatever reason.

You're a f-cking moron at times, Proky. Maybe just own that once in a while? Like, just maybe?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Re: James Harden is a crushingly, amazing bball player (I cannot believe how wrong I was) 

Post#22 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:Still blows my mind people were resistant, or even deadset agains aquiring harden. When you can get a top 5 player... you do it. period. those guys are game changers.

People talk about "depth" but there is no better depth then having two top 10 players on the floor at all times once you stagger them.

Also, the odds of all 3 of them having an off not is essentially 0. as it is superstars typically are good to great 75% of the time.

cant wait for a game when all 3 drop 40

Yeah I agree, I was saying the same thing in the Harden thread before. If any opportunity came up to trade for him, you just have to do it. Especially if he wanted to be here. And he value seemed to be dropping with all the "Las Vegas / Didn't report" issues going on, and it seemed like quite a few people here were saying we should stay away. My thought was if Harden get put in a corner, he'll punch his way out. He's just a competitor. I'm glad we have him and glad we made the deal!

I've been very impressed with his passing. I think the turnovers will go down over time, once these guys get more court time to gel. But they're playing loose and fast and the result is sometimes a few more turnovers than we like. I think it'll work out in the end.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,285

Post#23 » by dcstanley » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:11 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:I wouldn't say he is underrated. If you've followed him from the beginning, there's a reason why he contends for MVP. People dig him because of how he disappears during the playoffs every year since rookie.

And this is where Kyrie and KD comes in!

Champions: Kyrie and KD
6MOTY: Harden

Kyrie, KD and Harden >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Westbrook, KD and Harden

That's not accurate. He's had some stellar and efficient series' against elite defenses throughout his tenure as a Rocket.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#24 » by Openheimer » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:38 pm

A basketball savant. A maestro running a symphony orchestra
OneZilion
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#25 » by OneZilion » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:57 pm

I was a big fan of harden in OKC.

but some things didnt like on his play in houston, but he is so talented that is off charts

I am impressed how team minded he is. he is here to win championships... everything by him till now is amazing. he is such a genious with a ball...
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#26 » by GTR11 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:58 am

Wanted to see some more games before making any decisions, few games can be very misleading.

Well, he makes this team not just great. We super dominant out there with him. He's a perfect fit here. He makes KD and Kyrie better than they looked before. He's everything we wanted J.Kidd to be.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#27 » by Whiskey Slick » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:12 am

I watched him a ton with OKC (not as much with Houston), because I was convinced OKC was young, but as they matured they were going to be one of the great dynasties in basketball history, like the next Chicago Bulls, and almost exclusively homegrown too. So I was fascinated by OKC and watched them every chance I got. When they lost James Harden, despite keeping Durant and Westbrook, I said IT'S OVER, meaning the dream of an all-time dynasty, because I knew Harden was THAT GREAT. Therefore I'm not surprised by how great he's been for the Nets and I was overjoyed when we acquired him, but he's gotten smarter and even better than he was at OKC, especially as a passer. I didn't realize he'd gotten this much better.

I LOVE Durant, always have, and yet The Beard is already my favorite Net.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,547

Post#28 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 1, 2021 11:56 pm

Take a second from all the anger:

Read on Twitter

Props to The Beard. Well deserved!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#29 » by Openheimer » Tue Mar 2, 2021 5:59 am

27 points 12 assists 10 boards in the last 10 games with Durant and the Nets went 9-1
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#30 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Mar 2, 2021 3:02 pm

Openheimer wrote:27 points 12 assists 10 boards in the last 10 games with Durant and the Nets went 9-1

This also shows how good our role players are, even if we legitimately do need 2 additions.

They might not be great on their own, or on ho hum low seed playoff teams, but with a guy like Harden, who makes everyone around him better, they become lethal when they buy in and execute.

It also shows how little Harden had to work with in Houston and how much he accomplished with that.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#31 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

With all respect to J.Kidd and Nash. MVP is combination of both on steroids.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#32 » by Vator » Tue Mar 2, 2021 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#33 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Mar 2, 2021 10:53 pm

Three cheers for our own James Harden, the Eastern Conference Player of the Month for February!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#34 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:40 am

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:I realise all that, but it was never a bipolar situation as I see it. Not even close. Truly, there really were pros and cons to such a trade, and a steep, steep price for getting it done.

Proky-- for someone who's such an illuminating poster in general (IMO), you really are prone to ridiculously cheap arguments in order to advance your opinion.

Please miss me with that BS in future, as another poster here famously said.

There are no cons, and it wasnt a steep price. the best thing we gave up was jarret allen. the risk is very much mitigated by houston owing 4 of its next 5 picks to OKC. that and our current situation will make it extremely unlikely more then 2 convery and a good bet 0 convey.

For an MVP and top 5 player AND we still have depth.

People drastically overrated levert, overstated a percieved lack of depth post trade, and criminially underrated harden all while neglecting the impact of always having 2 all-nba players on the floor. take it further and harden keeps you afloat with KD/Kyrie durability issues.

Oh, go f-ck yourself... Jason isn't it?

It still blows my mind how you're like 90% right on everything, but that last 10% is just ridiculously elusive for you, for whatever reason.

You're a f-cking moron at times, Proky. Maybe just own that once in a while? Like, just maybe?

it is Jason

I admit when im wrong all the time (See recent: Claxton comments)

I dont see what you object to in the post above thought:

-The risk on the picks IS mitigated by Houstons uphill path to be better then us for swaps to convey, since they owe picks to OKC
-Harden was being underrated
-Levert was being overrated
-Harden HAS kept us afloat with KD and won us a game vs. the suns
-Allen WAS the best thing we gave up.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#35 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 3, 2021 12:42 am

Vator wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

"he is the best passer i ever played with"

and thats coming from a guy who played with lebron
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#36 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:52 am

The NBA's Co-Player of the Month.

Congratulations James, it's well deserved.

I knew he was GREAT when the Nets acquired him, but he's EVEN GREATER than I thought he was.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#37 » by GTR11 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 3:48 am

No one playing better than him right now. Joker is mad close but Harden just separated himself from others right now. Even talking heads starting to change their takes, that don't happen just like that.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
GTR11
RealGM

Post#38 » by GTR11 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 9:32 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

James Harden is a crushingly, amazing bball player (I cannot believe how wrong I was) 

Post#39 » by Paradise » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:07 pm

Bleacher Report details the real truth on how Harden forced his way to the Nets

Throughout the month of October, Harden considered leaving Houston. He had quietly spoken to some of his inner circle about his interest in the Brooklyn Nets, Miami Heat and Philadelphia 76ers.

In November, the thought of joining Brooklyn grew more intriguing for Harden. He started training with Kevin Durant at the Mamba Academy, developing a relationship with the team.

By Nov. 11, Harden indicated to Russell Westbrook he wanted to be traded to Brooklyn. As a result, Westbrook asked out. Not because of Harden's partying tendencies or the Rockets' culture issues, but simply because he knew Harden wanted out, according to multiple sources close to the Rockets.

Harden spent significant time in L.A. with Durant in mid-November and became fully committed to the idea of playing with the Nets. The two met to reaffirm their desire to play with one another and started laying the foundation for a trade, sources say.

By Nov. 17, news of the potential deal had spread across the league. Harden and Durant thought it would be finalized on Nov. 22, when trades could officially be announced. But Rockets management changed its tune. Harden, Durant and the Nets had underestimated the Rockets' capacity to posture for a better deal.

"Houston was being difficult," a front-office executive familiar with the Rockets' negotiating tactics at the time told Bleacher Report.

In the following days, Harden began making his partying increasingly public. He showed up to training camp late and appeared visibly out of shape. He believed he could force a trade if he could anger team governor Tilman Fertitta enough, according to sources close to Harden.

As Harden delayed his arrival to training camp in December, the Heat became the front-runner for him. Harden's main preference was—and always was—the Nets, but he had no problem going to Miami. Jimmy Butler had even OK'd the trade.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2934230-the-2-month-trade-request-how-james-harden-forced-his-way-out-of-houston

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#40 » by Paradise » Wed Mar 3, 2021 5:14 pm

Harden & Adidas are teaming up to support 25 local owned Brooklyn businesses

Read on Twitter

This dude is **** awesome. I know of BK9 personally and they hit a lot of hardship due to covid. He’s really helping the community forward.

Return to Brooklyn Nets