Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,938
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:36 pm

Continue here. Old one is past 2K posts.

Read on Twitter
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#2 » by sco » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:42 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Continue here. Old one is past 2K posts.

Read on Twitter

Interesting.

I'm still in favor of trying to pry Rubio, who is also having a bad season, away from Minny.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#3 » by gobullschi » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Sato + 2nd for Ball is a no brainer.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#4 » by sco » Mon Feb 1, 2021 6:13 pm

gobullschi wrote:

Read on Twitter

Sato + 2nd for Ball is a no brainer.

I'd throw in Hutch and/or Val without batting an eye.

I'd throw in Lauri if we could get NAW back too.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Tue Feb 2, 2021 3:22 pm

With how well Markkanen has played I'd be putting out feelers to see if any other team thinks his stock has gone up. There's ORL with Gordon out 4-6 weeks, do they want to panic? Maybe start with Mo Bamba and add a player or two on each side..

In the reports after the Bulls win, the Knicks have everyone healthy so Kevin Knox moves to the bench. See if the not playing Chandler Hutchison is of any interest to NYK.

Most people can't seem to propose anything but blockbusters, what's out there are small moves that might pay off more than they appear at first look.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#6 » by cjbulls » Tue Feb 2, 2021 4:22 pm

ChettheJet wrote:With how well Markkanen has played I'd be putting out feelers to see if any other team thinks his stock has gone up. There's ORL with Gordon out 4-6 weeks, do they want to panic? Maybe start with Mo Bamba and add a player or two on each side..

In the reports after the Bulls win, the Knicks have everyone healthy so Kevin Knox moves to the bench. See if the not playing Chandler Hutchison is of any interest to NYK.

Most people can't seem to propose anything but blockbusters, what's out there are small moves that might pay off more than they appear at first look.

Mo Bamba for Lauri? :o
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

NBA Trade Thread #3 

Post#7 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 6:04 pm

I could see something like LaVine to PHI, Simmons to the Bulls, Lauri to a 3rd team(maybe HOU, SA, SAC) with other pieces going back to Philly and maybe a pick or 2 from us.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Re: NBA Trade Thread #3 

Post#8 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Tue Feb 2, 2021 7:39 pm

If we are planning to continue with Lavine,Lauri,White,PWill,Carter core i want to try to aquire through fa,trades,draft these 3 or 4 players: Ben Simmons,Richuan Holmes,Keon Johnson,Will Barton, Jerian Grant, Frank Niktlina,Myles Turner, Scottie Barnes,Ayo Doysumnu,Jaylen Mc daniels, Tj Mc conell. Realisticly in 21 Will Barton,Richuan Holmes,Scottie Barnes,Frank Nikitlina,Ariel Hupokorti.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,938
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#9 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Feb 2, 2021 7:42 pm

Mods, I started the trade thread 3 a few days ago and nobody pinned it. Can we merge it with this one?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#10 » by ChettheJet » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:35 am

cjbulls wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:With how well Markkanen has played I'd be putting out feelers to see if any other team thinks his stock has gone up. There's ORL with Gordon out 4-6 weeks, do they want to panic? Maybe start with Mo Bamba and add a player or two on each side..

I usually don't try to help people understand but the campaign was

Reading is Fundamental

that's why it says "Maybe start with Mo Bamba and add a player or two on each side." which I think most people could comprehend
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#11 » by gobullschi » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:51 am

ChettheJet wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

Reading is Fundamental

that's why it says "Maybe start with Mo Bamba and add a player or two on each side." which I think most people could comprehend

I like the idea - take a swing at a player with a lot of upside, but hasn’t put it all together. Orlando has a tendency to let guys go too soon. That being said, with Isaac, Fultz, & Gordon all out, they might as well tank.

The player Orlando should be looking to move is Vujevic.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#12 » by cjbulls » Wed Feb 3, 2021 2:06 am

ChettheJet wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

Reading is Fundamental

I can’t believe someone would suggest a trade that starts with a nobody and not mention the key pieces of the deal.

The Bulls should have called Houston about James Harden. You know, throw in Arci and then a player or two more on each side and you have a deal!

Let’s just say we cannot call you The Big Fundamental.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#13 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 3, 2021 2:44 am

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:I could see something like LaVine to PHI, Simmons to the Bulls, Lauri to a 3rd team(maybe HOU, SA, SAC) with other pieces going back to Philly and maybe a pick or 2 from us.

If Philly would be willing to do that that says a lot about what they think of Simmons. I would send them Markkanen and our pick. Maybe send Williams too, but I would hate to do that. Coby and Zack could actually work with Simmons playing PG from the PF position.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,984

Post#14 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 3, 2021 3:23 am

This trade deadline will be fascinating. I could see AK cleaning house and also doing nothing.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#15 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:01 am

How good would we be with a Brogdon or Van Fleet at PG and the whole squad healthy?
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#16 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:40 am

Chi town wrote:How good would we be with a Brogdon or Van Fleet at PG and the whole squad healthy?
4-6 in east
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#17 » by Cabbage bulls » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:50 am

I'm so torn. Do we trade pieces like Thad away and stack picks? Does a rebuild without trading LaVine even work?
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,040

Post#18 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:05 am

Sell high, Move : Zach, Lauri & Thaddeus Young out at the deadline for picks & young assets.

I'd start by moving Zach to GSW for Wiggins, the minnesota pick & a 2nd round pick. We can deal with Wiggins contract for the next two seasons. We wouldn't have any other major contracts on the books. Gives you a healthy 15 ppg & wing D. The Minne pick is top three protected but will likely be 4-8 (if their record holds up). Would give us the chance at two high lotto picks in a strong 2021 draft.

Showcase Coby White & Wendell Carter Jr. for the rest of the season and move them at the draft for another young asset or a pick/s

Rebuild around Patrick Williams & future assets.

Get the 2nd guy in the 2021 draft

The 3rd in the 2022 draft

Use the assets we currently have to build a strong future under AK, Eversley & Billy D.

PG 2021 Minne pick
SG Wiggins / Valentine
SF Patrick Williams / Valentine
PF 2021 Bulls pick
C 2022 Bulls pick / Gafford / Simonovic
Chi town
RealGM

Post#19 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:48 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:Sell high, Move : Zach, Lauri & Thaddeus Young out at the deadline for picks & young assets.

I'd start by moving Zach to GSW for Wiggins, the minnesota pick & a 2nd round pick. We can deal with Wiggins contract for the next two seasons. We wouldn't have any other major contracts on the books. Gives you a healthy 15 ppg & wing D. The Minne pick is top three protected but will likely be 4-8 (if their record holds up). Would give us the chance at two high lotto picks in a strong 2021 draft.

Showcase Coby White & Wendell Carter Jr. for the rest of the season and move them at the draft for another young asset or a pick/s

Rebuild around Patrick Williams & future assets.

Get the 2nd guy in the 2021 draft

The 3rd in the 2022 draft

Use the assets we currently have to build a strong future under AK, Eversley & Billy D.

No thanks.

Keep everyone. Look to make a move at the deadline to get better. Sign a good vet FA. Watch the guys continue to improve and compete I. The playoffs while you wait for another star to demand out.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#20 » by Chi town » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:49 am

Cabbage bulls wrote:I'm so torn. Do we trade pieces like Thad away and stack picks? Does a rebuild without trading LaVine even work?

You only make trades if you get value as in a first round pick.

Return to Chicago Bulls