ImageImageImage

Nikola Jokic MVPx2, FMVP, and.. still counting!

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Nikola Jokic MVP! 

Post#261 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Pretty impressive company there
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#262 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 1:33 am

skywalker33 wrote:Nikola wins Western Conference Player of the Week, Congrats Big Guy !

Second time in two weeks he's Western Conf POTW, finally getting recognition from the league.

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#263 » by THE J0KER » Tue Feb 2, 2021 2:55 am

skywalker33 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Nikola wins Western Conference Player of the Week, Congrats Big Guy !

Second time in two weeks he's Western Conf POTW, finally getting recognition from the league.

It would be robbery if someone else gets the Player of the month (January) award on West.
skywalker33

Post#264 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 2, 2021 11:27 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

It would be robbery if someone else gets the Player of the month (January) award on West.

Well, no worries Joker, our own Nikola Jokic named NBA January Western Conference Player of the Month !!! No-brainer there, he DOMINATED !!

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#265 » by THE J0KER » Wed Feb 3, 2021 3:52 am

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#266 » by THE J0KER » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:26 am

BTW guys don't forget to vote for Jokic at least once per week. He deserved to be a starter if not WC team captain but playing for a small franchise is not helpful for him.

I guess this will be 2021 All-Star starters (guards WC Lillard and EC Brown, and frontcourt WC Davis and EC Tatum also have some decent chances I guess):
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#267 » by THE J0KER » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Finally some true respect for Joker from a random NBA fan! In the past, many experts, coaches, former and active players, and die-hard NBA fans praise Jokic, but not enough loved and respected from 'NBA average Joe'. Seems things are changed since this season, Jokic is #2 on West Frontcourts voting so far behind James!

Jamal Murray missed his bubble momentum while Porter doesn't get enough minutes, so both are currently under TOP10 on their WC spot, unlike former Nuggets Grant and Carmelo.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#268 » by THE J0KER » Tue Feb 9, 2021 5:56 am

Jokic's amazing double-double run at every 2020-21 game was ended in a bizarre way, so he finished it with the first 20 games of the season (2nd best double-double start ever). Jokic originally finished the #21 game vs Lakers with 16-10-6 numbers, but lately, NBA stripped one rebound from the Joker in that game :nonono:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#269 » by THE J0KER » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 pm

THE J0KER wrote:BTW guys don't forget to vote for Jokic at least once per week. He deserved to be a starter if not WC team captain but playing for a small franchise is not helpful for him.

I guess this will be 2021 All-Star starters (guards WC Lillard and EC Brown, and frontcourt WC Davis and EC Tatum also have some decent chances I guess):

2021 voting is over, and players (25% impact) and media (25% too) votes are added as well. The only difference than I predicted is Irving instead of Harden.

Despite never before being an all-star starter Jokic was 5th overall this season by fan votes, 6th by player votes, and almost perfect by media votes (received 99 out of 100 points), which only proves his strong MVP case this season (but I think he needs Denver's TOP4 seed status, otherwise stars of #1 seeds LeBron and Embiid is in advantage).
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,106

Post#270 » by GeorgeSears » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:07 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
Despite never before being an all-star starter Jokic was 5th overall this season by fan votes, 6th by player votes, and almost perfect by media votes (received 99 out of 100 points), which only proves his strong MVP case this season (but I think he needs Denver's TOP4 seed status, otherwise stars of #1 seeds LeBron and Embiid is in advantage).

This is what infuriates me. The media sets this arbitrary figure of needing a Top 4 seed to be a contender, without taking into account the injuries, COVID and underperforming supporting cast.

Jokic is leading everyone in all the advanced statistical categories, except RPM where he's top 10. He's putting up numbers that are threatening ATG centers. It's not like the Nuggets are bottom feeders either, they are still in the playoffs and will make the playoffs. In any other sport, he would be the clear runaway.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#271 » by Mickey8 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:35 pm

The Nuggets are hanging for their dear life at this point of the season, and the trajectory is not good either, they are the 8th seed in the West at this moment. I don't know if we are following the same team :-?
skywalker33

Post#272 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:24 pm

Mickey8 wrote:The Nuggets are hanging for their dear life at this point of the season, and the trajectory is not good either, they are the 8th seed in the West at this moment. I don't know if we are following the same team :-?

Another crap post, but the Nuggets have talent, more missing chemistry IMO not that you could identify that. And if you weren't smart enough to recognize that we have almost 1/2 a new roster, it wouldn't surprise me. Your posts are just too trollish for my taste, gonna make it a responsive effort to respond to your stupid efforts.

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#273 » by Mickey8 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:35 pm

The other teams were and are missing players left and right and no team looks so bad like Denver does this season, thats just a sorry a.. alibi for Malone and his team, for under performing .Look at Portland for an example :roll:
skywalker33

Post#274 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:10 am

Mickey8 wrote:The other teams were and are missing players left and right and no team looks so bad like Denver does this season, thats just a sorry a.. alibi for Malone and his team, for under performing .Look at Portland for an example :roll:

Again, you just don't know how to read, I bring up chemistry, 7 new players and all you want to do is side-step...again, all about the bitchin' with you, isn't it :crazy:

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#275 » by The Rebel » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:23 pm

Mickey8 wrote:The other teams were and are missing players left and right and no team looks so bad like Denver does this season, thats just a sorry a.. alibi for Malone and his team, for under performing .Look at Portland for an example :roll:

How many teams have not had a healthy roster for even 1 game this year? How many of those teams have been missing 2-3 starters for near as many games as we have? How many of those teams are missing 5 of their top 9 players for multiple games? Now tell me how many of them changed out 7 players (nearly half their roster) and are still in contention to even make the playoffs?

You talk about Portland, go look at their schedule and then go look at ours, we have had 1 of the toughest in the league and they have had 1 of the easiest i the league, that changes going forward where ours gets easier and theirs gets considerably harder. Basketball reference has us as the 3rd best team in the west and the Trailblazers as the 8th best based on games played and other factors.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.html
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#276 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:51 pm

:lol: Your posts just demonstrate your ignorance. They remind me of the man that didn't believe in gravity. He walked off the deck of a skyscraper and half way down was heard to say "See, I'm still okay".

Minds are like parachutes - they only work when they are open. Frankly, you have one idea in your head and are not open to any other possible explanation.

Your obsession with signing the most expensive players tells me you need to go cheer for another team. Small market teams cannot compete for the $50m per year players. That is why the NBA brought in their convoluted salary cap (or one of the reasons). Utah is proving this year that building a team without those players can make you competitive - if you didn't notice Denver doing the same thing last year.

Portland, by the way, finished behind Denver last year and is only two wins ahead of Denver right now. They have one championship but it was in 1977. They are not a team you should be using for your comparisons. Why not pick a successful team that hasn't signed two or three $50m per year players?

I'm believing Denver can be the small market team that can actually win a championship. And I have no doubt that it will be a predominantly home-grown team. Then again, I'm a patient old man that has followed the Denver Nuggets from their Denver Rockets days that began in the 1960s. You sound like someone who has began following the Nuggets after Jokic arrived.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#277 » by THE J0KER » Wed Mar 3, 2021 5:09 am

Jokic didn't win WC MVP for February, but his game was actually more mature this month, and his mental stability and self-confidence must be sky-high right now, otherwise how else to explain Nikola is shooting 64-65 free throws (98.5%!) since February 5th (he is career 83% FT% shooter)!?
skywalker33

Post#278 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 5:18 am

THE J0KER wrote:Jokic didn't win WC MVP for February, but his game was actually more mature this month, and his mental stability and self-confidence must be sky-high right now, otherwise how else to explain Nikola is shooting 64-65 free throws (98.5%!) since February 5th (he is career 83% FT% shooter)!?

One credit I'd propose is easy...he got married !

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#279 » by The Rebel » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:00 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Jokic didn't win WC MVP for February, but his game was actually more mature this month, and his mental stability and self-confidence must be sky-high right now, otherwise how else to explain Nikola is shooting 64-65 free throws (98.5%!) since February 5th (he is career 83% FT% shooter)!?

One credit I'd propose is easy...he got married !

So you are saying that he is putting in overtime working on his free throws when his wife is in a bad mood?
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#280 » by DaFan334 » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:59 am

Cool fact I heard this evening on DNVR's post-game show, Nikola has not missed a post-game workout in the last 2 years. That's impressive and shows his dedication.

Return to Denver Nuggets