ImageImageImage

CP3 news and discussion

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

How many more years of high level play does Chris Paul have?

This season is his last playing at a reasonbly high level
56%
I expect him to play well this season and next
11%
He can play well 2 years after this
11%
I think he can play well even after this contract ends
22%

Total votes: 9

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,798

Re: CP3 news and highlights 

Post#21 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 am

Read on Twitter
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#22 » by Fo-Real » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Chris has an excellent two man game with everybody but Ayton. The way he gets dudes open 3 point shots is amazing. Ayton is not moving in unison to get the open crease to get him the ball most of the time and when he does get it to him, 8 times out of 10, Ayton is not aggressive to the basket with it. I was hoping that Cleveland had a terrible start and released JAVAYLE MCGEE (Shaq voice), and he made his way here but he is doing well there and they are competing.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#23 » by Bogyo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:28 pm

Yeah, but if someone can't play a PnR with CP - it's not CPs fault. That man is the numero uno maestro of this play in the last 2 decades.

He is a bit slower overall than I envisioned him on the Suns - not sure how much is that is age and how much is design. I guess it's a bit more age than we are comfortable to admit. I hope I'm wrong though.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#24 » by bigfoot » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:17 pm

If CP3 has helped Ayton turn the corner on his level of assertive play then he is worth every penny of his enormous contract. I don't think Rubio could have helped Ayton make that change.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#25 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:24 am

bigfoot wrote:If CP3 has helped Ayton turn the corner on his level of assertive play then he is worth every penny of his enormous contract. I don't think Rubio could have helped Ayton make that change.

Ayton had a number of offensive games like that last year and Rubio was throwing lobs. But I think that's the most blocks he's had. People just have short memories of a lot of Ayton's games last year for whatever reason.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#26 » by Saberestar » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:13 pm

Props to him and his dedication to be in great shape at his age.

He played 42 minutes after playing 39 minutes just the day before.

Other veteran All Star players say to their HC "I want or need some rest" even with no injuries and they get DNPs when they want here or there, but it is nice to see that CP3 do not want any of that bull.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#27 » by Saberestar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:36 am

29 points, 12 assists, 4 steals and 3 rebounds.

And he scored all his FTs at the end of the game. He is averaging a ridiculous 97% on the FT line this season.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#28 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 2, 2021 2:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Porzingis will have nightmares about CP3 for the next few days. Probably weeks. :lol:
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,415

Post#29 » by NapoleonII » Tue Feb 2, 2021 2:29 pm

His mid-range game is unreal.

I think it's going in every time.
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Post#30 » by JohnWall2 » Wed Feb 3, 2021 8:49 pm

I'm gonna leave this here :)
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,339

Post#31 » by sunskerr » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:48 am

Speed it up old man
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#32 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Read on Twitter
JohnWall2
Junior

Post#33 » by JohnWall2 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:38 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter
Wonder what Rubios last 10 game split is lol
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#34 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:18 pm

JohnWall2 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter
No need to drag Rubio, he was a big part of taking the suns from **** joke to decent team. But if Paul plays like this it takes the suns from decent team to legit good team.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,155

Post#35 » by Revived » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:50 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
JohnWall2 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter
No need to drag Rubio, he was a big part of taking the suns from **** joke to decent team. But if Paul plays like this it takes the suns from decent team to legit good team.

There’s some foolish Suns fans who can’t give praise to one player without knocking another.

Suns also have the fanbase that rips their former players the most. This fanbase turned on Nash, Amare, Hill, Dragic etc tried to disrespect them at every turn so no surprise they’d do it to Rubio as well.

I don’t know if JohnWall2 is an actual Suns fan though or just rooting for them now because of Paul. I’ve never seen him here till this season so he might just be a CP3 fan. Lot of people these days are “player fans” (nothin wrong with it btw) and CP3 definitely has a strong following as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#36 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:56 pm

Revived wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
JohnWall2 wrote:Wonder what Rubios last 10 game split is lol

There’s some foolish Suns fans who can’t give praise to one player without knocking another.

Suns also have the fanbase that rips their former players the most. This fanbase turned on Nash, Amare, Hill, Dragic etc tried to disrespect them at every turn so no surprise they’d do it to Rubio as well.

I don’t know if JohnWall2 is an actual Suns fan though or just rooting for them now because of Paul. I’ve never seen him here till this season so he might just be a CP3 fan. Lot of people these days are “player fans” (nothin wrong with it btw) and CP3 definitely has a strong following as well.

I've seen you rip Suns players quite often actually, so you might want to practice what you preach if you don't think players should be criticized. JohnWall2 has been here before, though not in a while.
Revived
RealGM

Post#37 » by Revived » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:No need to drag Rubio, he was a big part of taking the suns from **** joke to decent team. But if Paul plays like this it takes the suns from decent team to legit good team.

I've seen you rip Suns players quite often actually, so you might want to practice what you preach if you don't think players should be criticized. JohnWall2 has been here before, though not in a while.

You’ve seen me bash former players for no reason? Sure I hate guys like the Morris twins and maybe Bledsoe but I don’t hate on guys that left here gracefully and helped the team quite a bit when they were here.

If your talking about current players then yeah I don’t wear rose colored glasses at all. I’m always gonna call it like I see it. If someone’s not playing well then I’m gonna say that if everyone’s playing well then I’m gonna say that. I also don’t like using stats as an end-all factor because I work with data for a living and I know it can easily be manipulated or misinterpreted. It’s definitely important but I think context and eye test is equally significant. I know you don’t like my Ayton criticism but that’s an issue you’d have with Monty, CP3, James Jones, Eddie Johnson, Tom Chambers, all Suns reporters and many others as well as they’ve all echoed the same things.

Hmm yeah I didn’t recognize him. Only time I’ve personally seen JohnWall2 has been in Rubio or CP3 discussions but I probably just missed him in other threads. Glad he’s here though the more the merrier.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#38 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:14 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:There’s some foolish Suns fans who can’t give praise to one player without knocking another.

You’ve seen me bash former players for no reason? Sure I hate guys like the Morris twins and maybe Bledsoe but I don’t hate on guys that left here gracefully and helped the team quite a bit when they were here.

If your talking about current players then yeah I don’t wear rose colored glasses at all. I’m always gonna call it like I see it. If someone’s not playing well then I’m gonna say that if everyone’s playing well then I’m gonna say that. I know you don’t like my Ayton criticism but that’s an issue you’d have with Monty, CP3, James Jones, Eddie Johnson, Tom Chambers, all Suns reporters and many others as well as they’ve all echoed the same things.

Hmm yeah I didn’t recognize him. Only time I’ve personally seen JohnWall2 has been in Rubio or CP3 discussions but I probably just missed him in other threads.

I was more talking about your first sentence than the former part. I've seen you rip a lot of players. With Ayton you simply make some stuff up sometimes, but I usually just ignore that at this point.
JohnWall2
Junior

Post#39 » by JohnWall2 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:25 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:There’s some foolish Suns fans who can’t give praise to one player without knocking another.

If your talking about current players then yeah I don’t wear rose colored glasses at all. I’m always gonna call it like I see it. If someone’s not playing well then I’m gonna say that if everyone’s playing well then I’m gonna say that. I also don’t like using stats as an end-all factor because I work with data for a living and I know it can easily be manipulated or misinterpreted. It’s definitely important but I think context and eye test is equally significant. I know you don’t like my Ayton criticism but that’s an issue you’d have with Monty, CP3, James Jones, Eddie Johnson, Tom Chambers, all Suns reporters and many others as well as they’ve all echoed the same things.

Hmm yeah I didn’t recognize him. Only time I’ve personally seen JohnWall2 has been in Rubio or CP3 discussions but I probably just missed him in other threads. Glad he’s here though the more the merrier.
I was here years ago, BW is onto it, I took a break from the team as it got tiresome following a team that didn't seem to care.

I love Rubio, I really like all PGs of his ilk, those who look to get others involved and I really appreciate what he did last season.

It's not a dig at Rubio, it's more people were saying they would rather have him than CP3. Anyway I will no longer flog that dead horse then because if it comes off as bagging Rubio then I don't want that, I wish him nothing but the best.

I have seen you take shots at Ayton myself, but I guess he's a current player? See I really like that kid, sure there's some things he could do better but the kid brings a lot of qualities to the team and is kinda perfect as a 3rd or 4th option on offense when you have two ball dominant, great players/scorers on the roster. Kid to me seems like he is unselfish, a great team man, willing to learn and to improve his weaknesses. He gets waaaay too much slander here.
Revived
RealGM

Post#40 » by Revived » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:59 am

JohnWall2 wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I was here years ago, BW is onto it, I took a break from the team as it got tiresome following a team that didn't seem to care.

I love Rubio, I really like all PGs of his ilk, those who look to get others involved and I really appreciate what he did last season.

It's not a dig at Rubio, it's more people were saying they would rather have him than CP3. Anyway I will no longer flog that dead horse then because if it comes off as bagging Rubio then I don't want that, I wish him nothing but the best.

I have seen you take shots at Ayton myself, but I guess he's a current player? See I really like that kid, sure there's some things he could do better but the kid brings a lot of qualities to the team and is kinda perfect as a 3rd or 4th option on offense when you have two ball dominant, great players/scorers on the roster. Kid to me seems like he is unselfish, a great team man, willing to learn and to improve his weaknesses. He gets waaaay too much slander here.

I agree that Ayton sometimes gets attacked a bit too much for sure (I'm guilty of it myself). I don't think he's a bad player and it's already obvious he's not a bust. His absolute floor is a staring caliber C and that's not an insult, that's a compliment. Only 20ish players in the league can say that.

I liked Ayton a lot in the 30 games he played for us last season before the bubble (after he came back from the suspension). He played very well, finished inside offensively and was consistently rotating and protecting the rim. I was the one defending him the most then where there people still on his ass. This season he's done some of the that but at an inconsistent level. There's times when he's not looking to score when he gets the ball even on mismatches and nights when our 3pt shooters are off. And he seems a bit hesitant to leave his man and protect the paint. We're middle of the pack in terms of giving up pts in the paint but considering all the good defenders we have, I think that should be an area of strength for us.

We're a better team without Ayton and there's no denying that. I think most of the hits he takes on here, and the media is just about his aversion to physical contact, bringing it consistently and playing hard. His personality is a bit too playful making one wonder how seriously he takes basketball. And his quotes can raise eyebrows at times. Maybe it's something that many 22 yr old bigs deal with but we wouldn't know since before Ayton we haven't had a young big that's worth a damn since probably Amare.

Return to Phoenix Suns