Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Re: Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0 

Post#1041 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Feb 1, 2021 7:48 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I want to trade LaVine/future lotto protected CHI 1st for Oubre/Pool/MIN 1st but don't want to get yelled at by both fanbases so I won't post an OP. But I really like the idea of Chicago chasing the chance to draft a real difference maker this year or next and I really like getting another dynamic scorer on the Warriors whose contract might be just small enough for ownership to pay the absurd tax bill on next year.

Plus if you can bring LaVine and Wiggins back together obviously you have to do so. Which is more iconic, KD and Harden together again or this? I think its debatable.

I am absolutely avoiding LaVine deals. But I did post an Oubre one.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,773

Post#1042 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 1, 2021 7:49 pm

blind prophet wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bjelica on the block. Think Monte should of sold high on draft night.

I don't mind Monte being patient looking for the best deal, but starting to get worried the offers may not be very good.

They aren’t. He’s expiring and started the year off wrong. If we can get a solid 2nd I’d be thrilled
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,721

Post#1043 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Feb 1, 2021 9:13 pm

saw a report that we might get a Justice Winslow sighting this month. That would be welcome news for the Grizzlies to see if they can recoup anything from that deal.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#1044 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Feb 2, 2021 7:27 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1045 » by gom » Tue Feb 2, 2021 11:58 pm

Meyers Leonard will undergo shoulder surgery and be out for the rest of the season. Miami will likely appeal (& receive) a $4.7m disabled player exception.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,587

Post#1046 » by NYG » Wed Feb 3, 2021 1:30 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I want to trade LaVine/future lotto protected CHI 1st for Oubre/Pool/MIN 1st but don't want to get yelled at by both fanbases so I won't post an OP. But I really like the idea of Chicago chasing the chance to draft a real difference maker this year or next and I really like getting another dynamic scorer on the Warriors whose contract might be just small enough for ownership to pay the absurd tax bill on next year.

Plus if you can bring LaVine and Wiggins back together obviously you have to do so. Which is more iconic, KD and Harden together again or this? I think its debatable.

I am absolutely avoiding LaVine deals. But I did post an Oubre one.

I hope LaVine actually gets traded if only to see what his value actually is.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#1047 » by Resistance » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:56 am

Kelly Oubre Jr.....6'7"......25.......$14,375,000

He is being given an opportunity to show what he can do and isn't taking advantage of that opportunity.

I think that he is going to get a reality check in the offseason because I can't think of any GM that will offer him $14.375 million to play next season.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,587

Post#1048 » by NYG » Thu Feb 4, 2021 1:52 am

I hate this, but if the Heat are completely out of it by the deadline. I could see Thibs offering a ton for Butler and Riley using the assets and flexibility from the return plus a few of their own young guys to get two players better than Butler this summer without losing Bam.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#1049 » by gom » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:14 pm

NYG wrote:I hate this, but if the Heat are completely out of it by the deadline. I could see Thibs offering a ton for Butler and Riley using the assets and flexibility from the return plus a few of their own young guys to get two players better than Butler this summer without losing Bam.

I don't think this will happen but the team has no chemistry now. Covid's absences have been a big part of the problem, so it is questionable whether the FO should trade at all.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1050 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Feb 4, 2021 3:34 pm

I hate this, but if the Heat are completely out of it by the deadline. I could see Thibs offering a ton for Butler and Riley using the assets and flexibility from the return plus a few of their own young guys to get two players better than Butler this summer without losing Bam.

Butler is the heart and soul of that team. He sets the tone. There isnt a chance in hell Riley trades him a year after a finals run. Not to mention he is exactly the type of old school, gritty, leave-it-all-on-the-floor type of guy that Pat loves.
Texas Chuck

Post#1051 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:11 pm

So Kings almost certain to trade Bjelica by deadline. Ainge wants shooters with size. Bjelica for a couple 2nds seems too obvious then right?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,994

Post#1052 » by cl2117 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:11 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:So Kings almost certain to trade Bjelica by deadline. Ainge wants shooters with size. Bjelica for a couple 2nds seems too obvious then right?

I was kind of hoping he'd have played against us last night as a literal audition for Ainge, but maybe that would be too obvious.

I'm all for a Bjelica trade, but I'd like to see us find a way not to use the TPE to get him. I'd like to find a third team for Tristan Thompson (maybe CHA?) and then we can send 2-3 seconds for Bjelica and Whiteside (more if need be).

Something like:

BOS: Bjelica, Whiteside

SAC: Monk, Biz, 2nds

CHA: TT, Edwards
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,363

Post#1053 » by reload141 » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:22 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:So Kings almost certain to trade Bjelica by deadline. Ainge wants shooters with size. Bjelica for a couple 2nds seems too obvious then right?

Think Barnes is the more favourable guy to try and get it seems
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,053

Post#1054 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:28 pm

Certainly surprising that Bjelica hasn't played in over 3 weeks, and still hasn't had any rumors of being moved yet. Seems like if they didn't want to play him, they could move him asap for some value somewhere. Though, could be they have something figured out once everyone is movable and have had him on ice until then? Conspiracy theorist in me, for sure. :lol:
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,162

Post#1055 » by Pelon chingon » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:37 pm

March 25th is the deadline, I think McNair (Sac) is going to wait it out and sell to the highest bidder.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#1056 » by loserX » Thu Feb 4, 2021 10:31 pm

Article on ESPN today talking to "league insiders" about this year's deadline:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30826587/with-superstars-market-2021-nba-trade-deadline-quiet

Bullet points:
- not a lot of action expected.
- not a lot of big names available anyway. Beal is probably the biggest but everyone's hearing Washington is keeping him, at least until the offseason.
- "logical candidates" that are being talked about include: Lonzo Ball, JJ Redick, maybe Oladipo and Tucker, George Hill, Evan Fournier, maybe Aaron Gordon.
- also limiting the market is the draft pick situation. So many picks are already held by teams that are looking to sell and not buy, so if a pick is what you want your market is even more limited than usual.
- some contenders are already hard-capped (Clippers, Bucks, Lakers) which makes trades even trickier.
- the play-in system this year will likely reduce the number of sellers.
- one thing that *may* cause more trades is COVID-related economic uncertainty. Some teams may be instructed simply to cut costs, so that could drive activity if they can find a partner.
Texas Chuck

Post#1057 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:07 pm

Shams reporting Noah Vonleh signing with the Nets. Feels minor enough to not need a thread, but significant enough to mention.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,533

Post#1058 » by HornetJail » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:56 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Shams reporting Noah Vonleh signing with the Nets. Feels minor enough to not need a thread, but significant enough to mention.

called that from a mile away. He's too good not to be on a team, and fits a need
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#1059 » by K_chile22 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:27 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Shams reporting Noah Vonleh signing with the Nets. Feels minor enough to not need a thread, but significant enough to mention.

called that from a mile away. He's too good not to be on a team, and fits a need
He, Napier and dedmon are all guys that I don't understand why they weren't/aren't on teams
Texas Chuck

Post#1060 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:29 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:

And here I am still saying Batum is better. :wink:

Return to Trades and Transactions