**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1861 » by Biff Cooper » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:10 pm

Klomp wrote:
Biff Cooper wrote:Wouldn't playing in games be a pretty good way to get in condition for playing games?

Do you prepare for a marathon by running a marathon? Or do you incrementally ramp yourself up to that point?

A marathon is not a good analogy to a basketball game where you can raise your hand and the coach will sub out for you if you get tired. Will it or will it not help KAT's conditioning to get on the court and get tired? The only reason you wouldn't put him out on the court ASAP is if you thought he was going to get hurt if you did.
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Post#1862 » by Macwolf527 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:27 pm

This is off the cuff, but there are some games I would play Towns and Reid in the front court together. Teams with poor outside shooting would be the idea victim, so the Wolves could play zone.

Thoughts?
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Post#1863 » by Macwolf527 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 11:36 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Neeva wrote:We have a 40 percent chance of keeping the pick if they finish bottom 3 (yeah not great) BUT still MUCH better odds than if they finish somewhere between 4-12.
Suggs sure would look nice(another J)

Since Rosas has pretty much been helping Warriors and vice versa since he came here for them to get things done I assume Rosas sees it as a win whether Wolves keep the pick 1-3 or hand Warriors #4-5. I mean really, we talked about it back in the day when Dlo supposedly chose them over Wolves to get his max deal we couldn't yet really offer, then Wolves took on the contracts of a few Warriors players just to help them make room for that. In the end they took on Wiggins for Wolves and Rosas got his Dlo finally. This is all scratch my back I scratch yours stuff that really if you don't have any of these relationships around the league it is probably difficult to get things done. Maybe he doesn't really care either way. The pick is gone one of the next two seasons one way or the other. At least it wasn't like trading a FRP for Adreian Payne like Flip did. I think the team ultimately traded Rubio to get a FRP back for that year they lost the pick for Payne.

I’ve always thought this, especially when they got between the GS and Brooklyn deal for Durant. There was definitely some back scratching going on. The difference between DLo and Wiggins, is the ability to involve others. Edge DLo, so he makes more sense for us than the Warriors. We’re a team on a different timeline from them, so it worked while we were early in our rebuilding with Rosas. It’s less like to happen once we start exchanging blows in the playoffs.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#1864 » by Biff Cooper » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:40 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Biff Cooper wrote:Wouldn't playing in games be a pretty good way to get in condition for playing games?

Do you prepare for a marathon by running a marathon? Or do you incrementally ramp yourself up to that point?

A marathon is not a good analogy to a basketball game where you can raise your hand and the coach will sub out for you if you get tired. Will it or will it not help KAT's conditioning to get on the court and get tired? The only reason you wouldn't put him out on the court ASAP is if you thought he was going to get hurt if you did.

Another opportunity to help get in shape tonight. Hopefully, has had two good days of conditioning Monday and Tuesday.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,963

Post#1865 » by wolves_89 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:20 pm

My guess is that Towns still being out has more to do with health concerns and less to do with conditioning. If the issue is lingering breathing problems, it makes sense to sit and keep working towards full health. If the issue is conditioning, there is far less reason to not to start playing since Karl could go shorter stints and play fewer minutes overall while he builds back up.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#1866 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:28 pm

wolves_89 wrote:My guess is that Towns still being out has more to do with health concerns and less to do with conditioning. If the issue is lingering breathing problems, it makes sense to sit and keep working towards full health. If the issue is conditioning, there is far less reason to not to start playing since Karl could go shorter stints and play fewer minutes overall while he builds back up.

They are intertwined. If he has lingering breathing problems, he probably needs to work on conditioning his body more.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#1867 » by wolves_89 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:08 pm

Klomp wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:My guess is that Towns still being out has more to do with health concerns and less to do with conditioning. If the issue is lingering breathing problems, it makes sense to sit and keep working towards full health. If the issue is conditioning, there is far less reason to not to start playing since Karl could go shorter stints and play fewer minutes overall while he builds back up.

They are intertwined. If he has lingering breathing problems, he probably needs to work on conditioning his body more.

I see a difference between breathing issues resulting from covid and lack of conditioning. One likely prevents Towns from getting back in games, and the other would allow him to play with limitations.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,398

Post#1868 » by AbeVigodaLive » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Fewer minutes = fewer stats.

Let's not pretend NBA players don't care about their stats. It's well documented by now.

I'd expect Towns to return when he can play close to 30 mpg.

[Note: Or, maybe he really doesn't care about the stats. Maybe the soft tank is in full force and they'll bring him back on a minutes restriction anyway, more slowly than any other player in the league because of complications or his family's history or the mental drain from all of it or to help the wrist heal, too. Nobody knows. This regime has been almost comically vague in how it has handled injuries and player absences the past two seasons.]
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1869 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#1870 » by _AIJ_ » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:23 pm

Hes baaaaackkk!!! Lets goo!
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1871 » by moonpie » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:31 pm

LET'S GO
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#1872 » by wolves_89 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:54 pm

Towns being back is the best Wolves news in quite a while. If Rosas can make a move for a starting PF in the next month things will really be looking up. My ideal scenario is to come out of the early March break with a DLO/Beasley/Edwards/new PF/Towns core ready to go and roughly half the seasons games left.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1873 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#1874 » by Rookie-Mistake » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:26 pm

Slap!
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#1875 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm

LOL wolves fans get hyped and let down again.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#1876 » by Dual » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:57 pm

This team is something else, no doubt.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#1877 » by m2002brian » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:35 pm

WOW!
What “underlying conditions” do you have Karl?

Hmmm

The condition of not wanting to play basketball unless you’re team is perfect and always winning?

The condition of needing to be babied and coddled even though you’re a full grown adult?

The condition of not being able to see past your own misfortune and realize you’re not alone?

I’m sorry for your loss, but, I don’t feel sorry for you KAT, I’ve had family and friends pass before their time too. It happens, it’s sad, and we continue on and be the best we can be. Because, that is how we honor those that have past. We don’t wallow is self pity, it doesn’t help anybody and it disrespects the people we mourn.
BLUEGREENRED
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#1878 » by Mattya » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:45 pm

We really have some of the worst fans.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,652

Post#1879 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:47 am

Sounds like Shams, in his endless quest to be Woj, jumped the gun in announcing this, and instead of make sure. How does he know he is ready when the player himself says he doesnt know yet if he is ready.

m2002brian wrote:WOW!
What “underlying conditions” do you have Karl?

Hmmm

The condition of not wanting to play basketball unless you’re team is perfect and always winning?

The condition of needing to be babied and coddled even though you’re a full grown adult?

The condition of not being able to see past your own misfortune and realize you’re not alone?

I’m sorry for your loss, but, I don’t feel sorry for you KAT, I’ve had family and friends pass before their time too. It happens, it’s sad, and we continue on and be the best we can be. Because, that is how we honor those that have past. We don’t wallow is self pity, it doesn’t help anybody and it disrespects the people we mourn.

m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#1880 » by m2002brian » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:56 am

Lol.

Shams goes out and does his job and KAT responds childishly. There’s has been no word on what’s been keeping him out so long. He’s been traveling with the team. But as soon as a reporter does their job and reports on something he most likely got from a team source, KAT all of a sudden has something to say???

Please.

Bad fans are the one who keep enabling this childish behavior.
Quoting Chappel? He would say the same thing. Shut up KAT. You had nothing to say for weeks. Why talk now?
BLUEGREENRED

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves