Pacers Assistant Bill Bayno Resigns Due To Mental Health Reasons

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Pacers Assistant Bill Bayno Resigns Due To Mental Health Reasons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 9, 2021 5:54 am

Indiana Pacers assistant coach Bill Bayno resigned on Monday, citing mental health reasons.

The 58-year-old took a leave of absence two weeks ago.

Bayno described his need to step away from the NBA workload amid the pandemic and aftermath of several personal losses.

Bayno did not rule out a return to coaching in the future. 

Via Adrian Wojanowski/ESPN

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Re: Pacers Assistant Bill Bayno Resigns Due To Mental Health Reasons 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:06 pm

I hope Bill can take some time to get right and recover from all he is dealing with. I totally get it and can't imagine being able to do his job effectively while maintaining himself after all he has been thru. I lost my parents 6 weeks apart in unrelated circumstances back at this time in 2019. Lost a close aunt 3 months later. Lost my dog 2 months back. Lost my grandma last week from Covid and good chance I'll lose my grandpa this week from Covid. I'm not over any of it and it affects me on a daily basis with everything from depression to explosive anger. I cant imagine trying to function at a high capacity in an important job that requires lots of hours and travel in the bad state that Bill must be in. If you pray, say a prayer for Bill because I know that man is going through an awful time and needs any help that he can get.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,951

Post#3 » by Cassius » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:11 am

23artest23 wrote:I hope Bill can take some time to get right and recover from all he is dealing with. I totally get it and can't imagine being able to do his job effectively while maintaining himself after all he has been thru. I lost my parents 6 weeks apart in unrelated circumstances back at this time in 2019. Lost a close aunt 3 months later. Lost my dog 2 months back. Lost my grandma last week from Covid and good chance I'll lose my grandpa this week from Covid. I'm not over any of it and it affects me on a daily basis with everything from depression to explosive anger. I cant imagine trying to function at a high capacity in an important job that requires lots of hours and travel in the bad state that Bill must be in. If you pray, say a prayer for Bill because I know that man is going through an awful time and needs any help that he can get.

Keep posting if you can't get out of the house. These forums have helped me through a lot over the years. Feel free to DM me.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#4 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:50 am

23artest23 wrote:I hope Bill can take some time to get right and recover from all he is dealing with. I totally get it and can't imagine being able to do his job effectively while maintaining himself after all he has been thru. I lost my parents 6 weeks apart in unrelated circumstances back at this time in 2019. Lost a close aunt 3 months later. Lost my dog 2 months back. Lost my grandma last week from Covid and good chance I'll lose my grandpa this week from Covid. I'm not over any of it and it affects me on a daily basis with everything from depression to explosive anger. I cant imagine trying to function at a high capacity in an important job that requires lots of hours and travel in the bad state that Bill must be in. If you pray, say a prayer for Bill because I know that man is going through an awful time and needs any help that he can get.

I truly sorry to hear all of this. My father passed away unexpectedly 6 months ago and it still feels like it was only yesterday. I don't have many answers but I'm definitely willing to lend an ear, even if you just want to scream. I wish there was a vaccine for mental health, because we're all experiencing varying levels of trauma that we'll feel the repercussions of long after COVID is (hopefully) a distant memory.

Return to Wiretap Discussion