Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#1 » by Domejandro » Mon Feb 8, 2021 9:26 pm

Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,483

Re: Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#2 » by Wolveswin » Mon Feb 8, 2021 10:42 pm

For Shrink...

What if Grizzlies called about Towns. They have a young centerpiece to offer (JJJ) and plenty of draft capital.

Celtics:
Youth and/or Draft Capital
FOR
JVal

Grizzlies:
JJJ + JVal + Dieng + 1sts (see below)
FOR
Towns + Davis + Layman
C: Towns
F: Clarke
F: Winslow
G: Brooks
G: Morant
6: Melton

Wolves:
Towns + Davis + Layman
FOR
JJJ
Dieng (expiring)
Youth and/or 1st from Celtics
2021 Grizzlies 1st (unprotected)
2022 Jazz 1st (protected)
2022 Grizzlies 1st Swap (Wolves get best 2 of own, Grizzlies 1st, Jazz 1st if conveyed)
2023 Grizzlies 1st (unprotected)
2024 Warriors 1st (protected)
2024 Grizzlies 1st Swap (Wolves get best 2 of own, Grizzlies, and Warriors if conveyed)
2025 Grizzlies 1st (protected)
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#3 » by Dewey » Tue Feb 9, 2021 12:33 am

Wolveswin wrote:For Shrink...

What if Grizzlies called about Towns. They have a young centerpiece to offer (JJJ) and plenty of draft capital.

Celtics:
FOR
JVal

Grizzlies:
FOR
Towns + Davis + Layman

Wolves:
Towns + Davis + Layman
FOR
JJJ
Dieng (expiring)
2022 Grizzlies 1st Swap (Wolves get best 2 of own, Grizzlies 1st, Jazz 1st if conveyed)
2024 Grizzlies 1st Swap (Wolves get best 2 of own, Grizzlies, and Warriors if conveyed)

Ick
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,427

Post#4 » by shrink » Tue Feb 9, 2021 4:22 pm

Celtics:
FOR
JVal

Grizzlies:
FOR
Towns + Davis + Layman

Wolves:
Towns + Davis + Layman
FOR
JJJ
Dieng (expiring)

Do you think it’s realistic that MIN would trade Towns right now?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,259

Post#5 » by Baseline81 » Tue Feb 9, 2021 4:39 pm

shrink wrote:Do you think it’s realistic that MIN would trade Towns right now?

Exactly why I dismiss any of these hypothetical trades involving Towns.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 9, 2021 4:59 pm

shrink wrote:

Celtics:
FOR
JVal

Grizzlies:
FOR
Towns + Davis + Layman

Wolves:
Towns + Davis + Layman
FOR
JJJ
Dieng (expiring)

Right this second? No. He has depressed value not being on the court.

Assuming he comes back and looks good. But also assuming despite Towns efforts he can’t save the sinking ship and team still bottom 3.

Yes, he could be traded by the deadline. Maybe even should be traded.
shrink
RealGM

Post#7 » by shrink » Tue Feb 9, 2021 5:21 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:

Celtics:
FOR
JVal

Grizzlies:
FOR
Towns + Davis + Layman

Wolves:
Towns + Davis + Layman
FOR
JJJ
Dieng (expiring)

Assuming he comes back and looks good. But also assuming despite Towns efforts he can’t save the sinking ship and team still bottom 3.

Even if Towns looks bad, they will wait. The chance is virtually nil that MIN can replace him with a similar quality player, young, plenty of room to develop, locked up for 3.5 years, and so far, doesn’t mind being here. We also don’t have our own pick, and we haven’t seen Towns and Russell together for more than two games in a row.

I agree with Baseline - these hypothetical Towns trades aren’t realistic. He isn’t being traded this season, and these trades are a waste of everyone’s time. There are 13-14 other players on this team that you could be using for real trades.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 9, 2021 5:51 pm

shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:Do you think it’s realistic that MIN would trade Towns right now?

Even if Towns looks bad, they will wait. The chance is virtually nil that MIN can replace him with a similar quality player, young, plenty of room to develop, locked up for 3.5 years, and so far, doesn’t mind being here. We also don’t have our own pick, and we haven’t seen Towns and Russell together for more than two games in a row.

I agree with Baseline - these hypothetical Towns trades aren’t realistic. He isn’t being traded this season, and these trades are a waste of everyone’s time. There are 13-14 other players on this team that you could be using for real trades.

Do we need to go into the whole “when trading a star” expectations? Rudimentary to not understand what one gets back when receiving unproven for proven, and what a typical star trade return looks like. But kind of the point for being a worthy topic of discussion.

I think more waste of time to discuss trading any other asset Wolves have that equal a big adjustment to the messed up roster construction. Because Wolves don’t have a lot of assets others team value — or that Wolves wouldn’t be trading at rock bottom value (see Edwards or Culver).

With that said plenty of white space here to discuss what could be in a Towns trade AND fun discussions on trading Layman for another’s teams 12th man. To each their own.
shrink
RealGM

Post#9 » by shrink » Tue Feb 9, 2021 6:36 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Right this second? No. He has depressed value not being on the court.

Do we need to go into the whole “when trading a star” expectations? Rudimentary to not understand what one gets back when receiving unproven for proven, and what a typical star trade return looks like. But kind of the point for being a worthy topic of discussion.

I think more waste of time to discuss trading any other asset Wolves have that equal a big adjustment to the messed up roster construction. Because Wolves don’t have a lot of assets others team value — or that Wolves wouldn’t be trading at rock bottom value (see Edwards or Culver).

With that said plenty of white space here to discuss what could be in a Towns trade AND fun discussions on trading Layman for another’s teams 12th man. To each their own.

It doesn’t really matter if the Wolves aren’t trading him before the deadline.

Your post makes me think you make all these Towns trades, not because there is any chance they will happen, but they are more fun for you because he has more trade value. This isn’t realistic. This is the high school girl asking her friends to “tell me how pretty I am!”

I expect Rosas to trade some players on this team, and trades often happen with players without a lot of trade value. They just have to have more value to the team than what they are trading away.

I listed several reasons why MIN won’t trade Towns now. But go ahead, explain to us why you think it’s realistic that MIN would shop him now?
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:17 pm

shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:Even if Towns looks bad, they will wait. The chance is virtually nil that MIN can replace him with a similar quality player, young, plenty of room to develop, locked up for 3.5 years, and so far, doesn’t mind being here. We also don’t have our own pick, and we haven’t seen Towns and Russell together for more than two games in a row.

It doesn’t really matter if the Wolves aren’t trading him before the deadline.

Your post makes me think you make all these Towns trades, not because there is any chance they will happen, but they are more fun for you because he has more trade value. This isn’t realistic. This is the high school girl asking her friends to “tell me how pretty I am!”

I expect Rosas to trade some players on this team, and trades often happen with players without a lot of trade value. They just have to have more value to the team than what they are trading away.

I listed several reasons why MIN won’t trade Towns now. But go ahead, explain to us why you think it’s realistic that MIN would shop him now?

Hmmmm I didn’t say shop him right now. But ok keep pressing that agenda.

Oh, there is a chance they trade Towns in 2021. Maybe even a good chance. And wouldn’t it be fun if such a place existed to spitball what that might look like? Shrink let me know again you don’t approve of this being that place and why you get to determine that.

I digress. Not only is there a chance Towns is traded in 2021, but very reasonable to consider that they should trade Towns in 2021. That we (and organization) should discuss just that, a course of action which could be best course for this flailing organization.

Wolves have one main asset. And just so happens they don’t own their 1st. Which only makes it more reality trading said singular asset to correct the course of their bottom crash? That is why, when considering trading Towns here on a basketball message board, reacquiring Wolves owed 1st should be difficult, but needed course of action to discuss.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#11 » by _AIJ_ » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:19 pm

Can Nowell play PG at all? If so, hope we could trade Ricky for a PF or a 1st round pick
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#12 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:20 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Right this second? No. He has depressed value not being on the court.

The difference being, the star trades where you get poor return are ones where the star is unhappy and/or entering his final guaranteed year of his current contract. Neither of these things apply to Towns, which is why we're about two years away from this type of trade return being realistic.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#13 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:22 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:Can Nowell play PG at all? If so, hope we could trade Ricky for a PF or a 1st round pick

He can in the same way Jamal Crawford could.

That being said, McLaughlin here allows the team a bit more flexibility to trade Rubio.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:24 pm

Klomp wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:Even if Towns looks bad, they will wait. The chance is virtually nil that MIN can replace him with a similar quality player, young, plenty of room to develop, locked up for 3.5 years, and so far, doesn’t mind being here. We also don’t have our own pick, and we haven’t seen Towns and Russell together for more than two games in a row.

The difference being, the star trades where you get poor return are ones where the star is unhappy and/or entering his final guaranteed year of his current contract. Neither of these things apply to Towns, which is why we're about two years away from this type of trade return being realistic.

Poor return is subjective. Great example is the thread which got Shrink panties in a bunch. Suggested trade with Kings, with main return being Hali. Multiple Kings fans said they wouldn’t do Hali for Towns straight up. Let alone add value.

So subjective would be as Wolves fans...is that a good deal that should be considered? And if it was, does that leave organization in better position than with Towns? Let’s discuss that...
shrink
RealGM

Post#15 » by shrink » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:43 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Do we need to go into the whole “when trading a star” expectations? Rudimentary to not understand what one gets back when receiving unproven for proven, and what a typical star trade return looks like. But kind of the point for being a worthy topic of discussion.

Poor return is subjective. Great example is the thread which got Shrink panties in a bunch. Suggested trade with Kings, with main return being Hali. Multiple Kings fans said they wouldn’t do Hali for Towns straight up. Let alone add value.

So subjective would be as Wolves fans...is that a good deal that should be considered? And if it was, does that leave organization in better position than with Towns? Let’s discuss that...

Aside from your personal beef, did you come up with reasoning why MIN would trade Towns?

Because as I, and others here have told you, there are many reasons that seem unrealistic.

Or hey wolves fans, let’s discuss what we do when LeBron, Giannis and Doncic all demand to join the Wolves! I hope there’s a forum to discuss that, and it doesn’t have “real” right there in it’s name.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:49 pm

shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Klomp wrote:The difference being, the star trades where you get poor return are ones where the star is unhappy and/or entering his final guaranteed year of his current contract. Neither of these things apply to Towns, which is why we're about two years away from this type of trade return being realistic.

Aside from your personal beef, did you come up with reasoning why MIN would trade Towns?

Because as I, and others here have told you, there are many reasons that seem unrealistic.

Or hey wolves fans, let’s discuss what we do when LeBron, Giannis and Doncic all demand to join the Wolves! I hope there’s a forum to discuss that, and it doesn’t have “real” right there in it’s name.

If your silly James, Giannis, and Doncic joining Wolves is in your mind same as Wolves trading Towns scenario — some weird Shrink version of what could be real — I can’t help you.

As to why trading Towns should be considered by Wolves, I believe over and over above I stated exactly why. Please try reading again for your answer.

Note: I don’t have a personal beef. You on other hand stalked me via PM and now here and other threads to press your POV on Towns’ trades as appropriate subject matter. You are venturing into “I know you are but what am I” territory.
shrink
RealGM

Post#17 » by shrink » Tue Feb 9, 2021 8:06 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Poor return is subjective. Great example is the thread which got Shrink panties in a bunch. Suggested trade with Kings, with main return being Hali. Multiple Kings fans said they wouldn’t do Hali for Towns straight up. Let alone add value.

If your silly James, Giannis, and Doncic joining Wolves is in your mind same as Wolves trading Towns scenario — some weird Shrink version of what could be real — I can’t help you.

As to why trading Towns should be considered by Wolves, I believe over and over above I stated exactly why. Please try reading again for your answer.

Note: I don’t have a personal beef. You on other hand stalked me via PM and now here and other threads to press your POV on Towns’ trades as appropriate subject matter. You are venturing into “I know you are but what am I” territory.

Neither the LeBron scenario, or three weeks of carpet bombing the Trade Board thread with Towns trades, has any chance of realism. Neither are appropriate because one poster thinks, “this will be fun!” For the reasons everyone else has told you, Towns isn’t going to be traded before the deadline.

You have chose to unload this personal pile of self-gratification all over RealGM. There is a reason this site has the word “real” in it, and that distinction separates it from other sports websites, and draws in people that want to have real discussions. I haven’t said you should stop posting, and I’ve encouraged you to post about more realistic player being traded from the Wolves (virtually every other player is more realistic) or re-direct the Towns post to an appropriate fantasy site.

However. you have disregarded every poster, here and on the Trade Board, who has told you Towns trades are unreal. You ignore everyone and keep posting them. I am not a mod or in charge of content, but you’re continuing to pile up trash that is the opposite of what the site was created for, and you refuse to listen to anyone about it.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Wolveswin » Tue Feb 9, 2021 8:20 pm

shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:Aside from your personal beef, did you come up with reasoning why MIN would trade Towns?

Neither the LeBron scenario, or three weeks of carpet bombing the Trade Board thread with Towns trades, has any chance of realism. Neither are appropriate because one poster thinks, “this will be fun!” For the reasons everyone else has told you, Towns isn’t going to be traded before the deadline.

You have chose to unload this personal pile of self-gratification all over RealGM. There is a reason this site has the word “real” in it, and that distinction separates it from other sports websites, and draws in people that want to have real discussions. I haven’t said you should stop posting, and I’ve encouraged you to post about more realistic player being traded from the Wolves (virtually every other player is more realistic) or re-direct the Towns post to an appropriate fantasy site.

However. you have disregarded every poster, here and on the Trade Board, who has told you Towns trades are unreal. You ignore everyone and keep posting them. I am not a mod or in charge of content, but you’re continuing to pile up trash that is the opposite of what the site was created for, and you refuse to listen to anyone about it.

Thanks again for the advice there Shrink. I will take it with the same consideration I did on your even longer tirade in PM. That keystone cop content badge you wear won’t discourage me from discussing anything and everything Wolves should entertain to better this organization. Including trading Towns.

As I do with many of the trade Layman for another lay man type trade scenarios posted on Real GM, I read right past them — I recommend the content you are self policing that you do the same. You will live a happier life.
shrink
RealGM

Post#19 » by shrink » Tue Feb 9, 2021 8:25 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Note: I don’t have a personal beef. You on other hand stalked me via PM and now here and other threads to press your POV on Towns’ trades as appropriate subject matter. You are venturing into “I know you are but what am I” territory.

Wow. “Stalked” huh? “Personal Agenda?” We know poor-me victims who play fast and loose with the truth.

Getting a personal message is not being “stalked.”. After three weeks of these unreal Towns trades, I sent you a PM last night to try to get you to understand that you are at RealGM. I suggested you post about players that could realistically be traded, and if you still felt compelled to make Towns trades, I even sent you a link for a place where unreal trades would be more appropriate. You acted like .. well, pretty much like you have here.

People don’t want this drama on a public board, so that’s why I sent you a PM and barely responded to the previous three weeks of threads. I responded to your return PM#, but apparently you came here looking for a public fight (directing your trade here specifically to me)

As for an agenda ..

Wolveswin wrote:
shrink wrote:It doesn’t really matter if the Wolves aren’t trading him before the deadline.

Hmmmm I didn’t say shop him right now. But ok keep pressing that agenda.

I just said the opposite. Moreover, as the poster, you’re responsible to tell readers that a trade you make is for the future like “at the deadline” or “next summer.” Trade values and team directions change. If you don’t include these words, readers think it means a trade today. None of your many many KAT threads said, “I didn’t mean MIN would trade him right now,” so that is a weak cop out to say it now.

And none of this has to do with an “agenda.”
shrink
RealGM

Post#20 » by shrink » Tue Feb 9, 2021 8:28 pm

People don’t want this drama on a public board, so that’s why I sent you a PM and didn’t respond to three weeks of previous threads over and over again publicly.

I still believe this. If you want to discuss this with me privately, PM me. I won’t comment on this any more on the public board.

And as I said in the pm, I reserve the same right to publicly express my opinion on how unrealistic your public KAT trades are, as you have to post them. I hope that doesn’t set you off again each time. Cheers.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves