ImageImageImage

Around the NBA Discussion (20/21)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,980

Re: Around the NBA Discussion (20/21) 

Post#121 » by Apz » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:41 am

JD45 wrote:Beal would be terrific for the Mavs. But I don't think they have the assets to get him (assuming Luka or KP are not being traded).

With 2 more years on his current deal, I don't think he has leverage force his way to the Mavs. Although given his previous comments about Luka, I bet Dallas is one of his preferred destinations.

But, this could work out for the Mavs. If Miami gets Beal, they would no longer be a possible destination for Oladipo. So Dallas could be more confident trading for him.

With the only issue that oladipo is completly unintresting. Hope heat get him soon so I dont have to see people wanting mavs to get him:)
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#122 » by JD45 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Apz wrote:
With the only issue that oladipo is completly unintresting. Hope heat get him soon so I dont have to see people wanting mavs to get him:)

The Mavs only significant assets for improving the roster was cap space this summer or expiring contracts now. Unfortunately, Oladipo looks like the best of what they can get. No Giannis to revolutionize the team. Its all about incremental changes now.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#123 » by Apz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 pm

Yr but its a risjy player that want to get payed 150% of ehat he is wortv and immediatly becomes one of the worst contracts in the league and will be unmovable for the next 4 years. Imo thats a disaster, it will be twice as unmovable as powell. Atleast get a position of need if u gonna overpay and I would prefer getting a few contracts that can be moved in later deals and keep the value we got.

If we rip the team up we will be back here in a year with big holes in the team that we then cant fill
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#124 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:11 pm

J.J. Redick expiring contract.

2020-21: $13,013,700

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, the Pelicans are focused on teams located in the northeast as possible destination for J.J. Redick. 

Redick has been a DNP-CD in each of New Orleans' last two games, and the Pelicans have a desire to get young guards Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Kira Lewis Jr. more playing time. With Redick's family living in Brooklyn, the Nets, 76ers and Celtics are possible trade destinations that the Pelicans are focused on according to Charania. While the trade deadline isn't until March 25, New Orleans also has the February 2 deadline to consider. That's the last day in which a player can be traded and still be used in a multi-player deal at the March 25 deadline. 

RELATED: 

Nickeil Alexander-Walker

, Kira Lewis Jr.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jan 31, 2021, 1:06 PM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#125 » by dirkforpres » Sun Feb 7, 2021 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Never would’ve guessed DSJ would stay injury free and still have his career play out like this
FIRE JASON KIDD
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#126 » by HMFFL » Sun Feb 7, 2021 7:52 pm

Rose reunites with his old Coach.
He can decide his future this off-season. He more than likely agreed to thisntrsde anyways since it was mutual that it was best he move on respectfully.

Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Apz » Mon Feb 8, 2021 9:59 am

Imagine if dsj had accepted to play offball with luka. Looked pretty good the 2-3 games he did it until he refused to play. After that....well, I cant really see him get a new contract anywhere. Maybe RC prefers him over a rookie and gives min, I wonder if dsj is humbled enough to take it
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#128 » by Archx » Mon Feb 8, 2021 3:05 pm

Apz wrote:Imagine if dsj had accepted to play offball with luka. Looked pretty good the 2-3 games he did it until he refused to play. After that....well, I cant really see him get a new contract anywhere. Maybe RC prefers him over a rookie and gives min, I wonder if dsj is humbled enough to take it

He did play offball quite a lot but was horrible. Could barely make a shot and had a worse tunnel vision problems than Brunson&THJ combined. His go2 move was to barrel himself into 3 defenders and just pray ball will hit the rim.
But he did also do some good stuff, obviously was a really good above the rim player, could play some defense when he tried. I don't know, at this point it's just too big of a risk. They already have too many problems as it is, don't need another knucklehead on this team.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,392

Post#129 » by gottamakeit » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Saddiq Bey had a 30pt game going 7/7 from 3. On top of that he grabbed 2 offensive boards and 10 defensive. All in 27 min of play.
Fire Donnie.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#130 » by JD45 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:53 pm

gottamakeit wrote:Saddiq Bey had a 30pt game going 7/7 from 3. On top of that he grabbed 2 offensive boards and 10 defensive. All in 27 min of play.
Fire Donnie.

The Mavs could use a SF who could do that. I think Green is going to be a long time NBA player, so I don't think he was a bad pick. But looks like Saddiq was the better option.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,392

Post#131 » by gottamakeit » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:00 pm

JD45 wrote:
gottamakeit wrote:Saddiq Bey had a 30pt game going 7/7 from 3. On top of that he grabbed 2 offensive boards and 10 defensive. All in 27 min of play.
Fire Donnie.

The Mavs could use a SF who could do that. I think Green is going to be a long time NBA player, so I don't think he was a bad pick. But looks like Saddiq was the better option.

let's agree to disagree. i think Green was a bad pick based on the superior talent still available on the board. Green would have been a better pick with our 31st since we knew he was going to be a project.

Regardless of draft position, I'm still going to root for the guy.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#132 » by ejs78 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:25 pm

Superior talent might be a stretch

And just like the other thread Bey is on a bad team trying to lose games He virtually has no competition for shots or PT.

If you reversed these 2 players there might be a minimal difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#133 » by HMFFL » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:52 am

Mason Plumlee

17/10/10 tonight. He has been productive all season for Detroit.

Nice off-season signing: Mason Plumlee signed a 3 year / $24,662,500 contract with the Detroit Pistons

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#134 » by HMFFL » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Andre Drummond will no longer play as the Cavaliers search for a trade partner before the March 25th deadline.

The writing was on the wall as soon as the Cavaliers traded for Jarrett Allen. Drummond was "rested" on Sunday but now we know what's really up. Woj added that the Cavs thought it would be "unfair" to limit Drummond's minutes as they transition Allen to be the full-time starter, and they will work with the big man to find a suitable trade and there's been no talk of a possible buyout for now. Moving his $28.7M contract won't be easy, but the sooner he's moved the better for his fantasy managers. 

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski

Feb 15, 2021, 10:51 AM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#135 » by HMFFL » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:49 pm

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, "Atlanta has so far sought a high first-round, lottery-level pick" if they were to move John Collins. 

Nothing is imminent, to be clear. From what we can gather, the Hawks are doing their due diligence because of Collins' contract demands -- he turned down an extension for over $90M and the Hawks aren't comfortable offering him a max deal as Sam Amick of The Athletic reported last week. Collins' fantasy managers shouldn't panic, as his value would likely be safe in a trade. It could even trend up if he ends up with more center minutes, as his per-minute production spikes when he moves from the four to five. 

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#136 » by dirkforpres » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:03 pm

HMFFL wrote:According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, "Atlanta has so far sought a high first-round, lottery-level pick" if they were to move John Collins. 

Nothing is imminent, to be clear. From what we can gather, the Hawks are doing their due diligence because of Collins' contract demands -- he turned down an extension for over $90M and the Hawks aren't comfortable offering him a max deal as Sam Amick of The Athletic reported last week. Collins' fantasy managers shouldn't panic, as his value would likely be safe in a trade. It could even trend up if he ends up with more center minutes, as his per-minute production spikes when he moves from the four to five. 

Are Brunson, Richardson, and/or Finney-Smith anywhere close to a lottery level package?
FIRE JASON KIDD
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#137 » by HMFFL » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:29 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
HMFFL wrote:According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, "Atlanta has so far sought a high first-round, lottery-level pick" if they were to move John Collins. 

Are Brunson, Richardson, and/or Finney-Smith anywhere close to a lottery level package?
Those three would create a logjam for Atlanta.

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#138 » by ejs78 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:11 pm

I'll post in this thread too:

https://cavaliersnation.com/20...amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#139 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:02 pm

Draymond Green discussing how teams can openly tell players not to dress but players can't want to be traded.

Mentions how teams like Cleveland is treating Drummond, how Harrison Barnes was removed from the bench, because he was traded, but he didn't mention Dallas specifically.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLXC8j_gxDf/?igshid=1vq0vad1sz3ep

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#140 » by HMFFL » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:39 pm

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, head coach Rick Carlisle, players Luka Doncic, Tim Hardaway, Jr., Maxi Kleber, Dwight Powell and CEO Cynt Marshall have joined forces with The Mavs Foundation and official jersey partner Chime to donate over $1.25 million in emergency grants and relief following the winter blast that devastated the state over the past week.

– via mavs.com

https://www.mavs.com/emergencygrant/

Return to Dallas Mavericks