Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Re: Free Agency, Rumors, Thoughts in General 2.0 

Post#1081 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:00 pm

I didn't see it posted ... A. Robertson signs with Nets. ..we'll see what's left in the tank.
Weird that Hollis Jefferson and Ilyasova don't have a place in the NBA
1+1=11
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#1082 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#1083 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Diop wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Woj reporting Blake Griffin joining Drummond on the list of guys who aren't playing until trade or buy out. Which seems surprising to me because I don't see someone trading for him and he has another big year left on his deal.

Maybe those teams are just doing the player a solid? Especially in Griffen’s case. They will try to trade them and if they can the team will buy them out. The player gets to save their body before joining a new team, though buyout or trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe an insane idea on my part, but could it be possible that Griffin decided he has enough money already and would prefer to play for a contender so is considering a buy out?

i mean, he should have just enough to retire on.

That’s possible too. He still has the ability to play in the post and is a still a good passer. I think he’ll be able to help a contender. Not for heavy minutes but in spot duty I think he can be effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#1084 » by cl2117 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Our board is sinking back into partisan hell again. So let me ask as a moderator: is that what you guys want out of this place? It's your board so if it is, so be it I'm gonna step back and let it continue. But if that's not why you come here to discuss transactions, we sure could use your help to self-police a bit please.

I've definitely noticed a swing lately into a negativity and aggressiveness that's GB-esque and quite off-putting. I don't think moderation is the solution though, it just is what it is.

This is probably over-engineering things, but I almost feel like there should be more structure required on initial responses to avoid people just flaming threads. For example you've got to propose a fix to the deal in your initial response if you think it's off. The idea being at least there is a discussion point there in terms of the gap in value as opposed to just lighting the OP on fire. I know some trades are just irredeemable so that wouldn't work or just lead to unrealistic counter offers (which are already not allowed), but maybe it'd weed out the unhelpful responses or require more work to respond so unrealistic ideas would just fade to page 2 as no one would bother. Or alternatively a required poll like yes/no/hell no, so you could effectively downvote unfixable trades that don't warrant a response without the vitriol.

I agree with the others that you just need to weed out the unproductive responses and find the gems where posters actually provide some insight you'd not get outside of that fanbase. The actual "art of the deal" negotiating feels unnecessary, but I also appreciate different people come here for different things.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#1085 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:48 pm

Thad Young and Tomas Satoransky in Boston tpe 25 mil both, guaranteed only 10 next year for A.Nesmith, R.Williams and two second round picks from Boston.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,790

Post#1086 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Thad Young and Tomas Satoransky in Boston tpe 25 mil both, guaranteed only 10 next year for A.Nesmith, R.Williams and two second round picks from Boston.

I think just moving those two off the books and generating your own TPE would be sufficient. But I doubt Boston is going to spend that much money for those two guys.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#1087 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:54 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Thad Young and Tomas Satoransky in Boston tpe 25 mil both, guaranteed only 10 next year for A.Nesmith, R.Williams and two second round picks from Boston.

I think just moving those two off the books and generating your own TPE would be sufficient. But I doubt Boston is going to spend that much money for those two guys.
we dont wont to move them, they are good. Young for 14 mil is bargain for his production and Sato is very good for 10 mil. More like present help for Celtics and future help for Bulls trade.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1088 » by BullyKing » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:16 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

we dont wont to move them, they are good. Young for 14 mil is bargain for his production and Sato is very good for 10 mil. More like present help for Celtics and future help for Bulls trade.

I have Williams worth a late 1st and Nesmith was just recently a mid-first. I hope you can appreciate how outrageous the idea is that Young and Sato are worth two 1sts and two 2nds.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#1089 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:29 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

I have Williams worth a late 1st and Nesmith was just recently a mid-first. I hope you can appreciate how outrageous the idea is that Young and Sato are worth two 1sts and two 2nds.

And giving up the TPE. I mean at least include Tristan Thompson in the deal. Still not good in terms of value, but that makes it less bad.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#1090 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote: we dont wont to move them, they are good. Young for 14 mil is bargain for his production and Sato is very good for 10 mil. More like present help for Celtics and future help for Bulls trade.

And giving up the TPE. I mean at least include Tristan Thompson in the deal. Still not good in terms of value, but that makes it less bad.

Boston should be in win now mode but maybe they arent. Because so far Nesmith is more in bust category and not ready to contribute like Sato who is insurance for Kemba and tall pg who can defend. Same with Young is more reliable than Williams for playoffs. I tried to help Boston, but they will lose again in playoffs and stockpilled late frp non game changers. Still better than Bulls at least.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#1091 » by Buzzard » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
NYG wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Our board is sinking back into partisan hell again. So let me ask as a moderator: is that what you guys want out of this place? It's your board so if it is, so be it I'm gonna step back and let it continue. But if that's not why you come here to discuss transactions, we sure could use your help to self-police a bit please.

I personally like predicting what the final version of a trade would appear like based upon GM style/player fit/player value more so than doing the negotiations among no one that has any real life say or control over the real life decision. I hate when it becomes arguing value like you're negotiating what your team is willing to give up for Player X because it's very working against each other to try to win a completely fake trade instead of working together to potentially predict a real trade.

I agree that I appreciate local input on what a team is looking for, how they value guys, and what their management is likely to do or how they operate. I absolutely abhor the thought process of "I'm actually negotiating the real deal, and I will come in offering nothing, and expect you to negotiate me up", (The Art of the Deal type stuff). I don't mind at all if someone responds and says "That's a fair offer, but my GM will probably try and push for more, or won't make the deal unless they get a bit of a robbery" though, if it's realistic and accurate.

If that makes sense at all?

I think getting the local input is what makes the discussions interesting. A lot of us are pretty hard core and have been keeping up with the pulse of the team for a decade or more. Understanding and getting/offering insights on what a teams FO values can be just as interesting as a good trade proposal itself.

I don't have a clue as to what the Knicks or Raptors front office value most right now. Rebuild, draft picks, win now etc...But they are two of the busiest teams in the NBA and fun to read about from their fans perspective.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#1092 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:47 pm

They are in win now mode, but you don't pay Buick prices for a Chevrolet. Thad and Sato don't even have positive value if you are asking a team to take on their entire contracts like this, much less returning a good young player, a prospect just taken in the lottery, and multiple draft picks.

I'm guessing even the opportunity cost of taking them on and losing the TPE would be seen as a negative for the Celtics. These players just aren't needle movers.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer

Post#1093 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:51 pm

Win win trade ideas
1. Lowry to Denver for Garry Harris, Monte Morris and Zeke Nnaji.
2. Oladipo and Tucker to Miami for Igoudala,Leonard,Nunn,Okpala and two second round picks.
3. Hield and Bjelica to Sixers for M.Scott, Maxey, Thybulle, Korkmaz,Poirer and two second round picks.
4. Terry Rozier for Lou Williams, Ivica Zubac and Patrick Patterson.
5. Kuzma and Gafford to Detroit, Doumboya and Plumlle to Bulls, Thad Young and Ellington to Lakers.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#1094 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:18 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I don't see Griffin getting bought out. It's trade or keep him for trade in offseason.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#1095 » by NYG » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:29 am

P.J. Tucker for Maurice Harkless and KZ Okpala?
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#1096 » by NYG » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:30 am

Also, Kyle Lowry to Philadelphia is growing on me a lot especially if they can pull off getting 2/3 of Thybulle, Philly 1st or Maxey.

Overall, I see a very active trade deadline, but just not star heavy.

John Collins, Andre Drummond, Victor Oladipo, P.J. Tucker, Lonzo Ball, Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, Al Horford, Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield, Kyle Lowry are the biggest names I see getting dealt, but a lot of players in that caliber getting moved. I also think guys like Harrison Barnes and Al Horford would get surprisingly good returns.

Trevor Ariza, J.J. Redick and Blake Griffin get bought out. (Assuming Ariza and Blake go to the Lakers and Redick goes to Nets)
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,790

Post#1097 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:11 pm

Where is Cousins going to land? Brooklyn?

Read on Twitter
?s=21
cl2117
General Manager

Post#1098 » by cl2117 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Boogie on his way out of HOU:

Read on Twitter

Does anyone take a flyer on him?

How desperate are Brooklyn?
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,790

Post#1099 » by psman2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 pm

cl2117 wrote:Boogie on his way out of HOU:

Read on Twitter

I think Boogie took some shots at Harden during his force out period. Might be nothing.
cl2117
General Manager

Post#1100 » by cl2117 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:21 pm

psman2 wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Boogie on his way out of HOU:

Read on Twitter

I think Boogie took some shots at Harden during his force out period. Might be nothing.

Probably water under the bridge when it comes to ring chasing.

I think LAL or LAC or GSW would all be options too.

I kinda like him for BKN best though. They are so good offensively they can tell him to not shoot the ball under any circumstances. Just rebound and play some defense. Might be the best thing for him at this stage.

Return to Trades and Transactions