Zach LaVine Says Thad Young Is 'MVP Of The Team'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Zach LaVine Says Thad Young Is 'MVP Of The Team' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm

Zach LaVine described Thad Young as the MVP of the Chicago Bulls this season following the team's 120-112 overtime win over the Indiana Pacers.

"Thad (Young) has been, for me personally, the MVP of the team ... He does a little bit of everything. He can damn near average a triple-double. He makes up for our mistakes defensively, guards some of the best big men every night. Even if he's undersized, he knows how to play tricks with them. He has been great for us," said LaVine after the game.

LaVine had 30 points and 9 rebounds in the win, with Young adding 13 points and 11 rebounds. 

Young is averaging 11.3 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 4.3 assists on the season.

"He's a phenomenal pocket player. As a vet, he just thinks the game. He slows the game down for himself and it's pretty impressive, especially with the games I was out being able to really watch him. He's a great player and I see why he's been in this league for so long," added Wendell Carter.

Via K.C. Johnson/NBC Sports Chicago

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Re: Zach LaVine Says Thad Young Is 'MVP Of The Team' 

Post#2 » by D21 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 pm

Zach is not wrong at all, Thad has the best NET rating of the team
airjordanair
Senior
And1: 32

Re: Zach LaVine Says Thad Young Is 'MVP Of The Team' 

Post#3 » by airjordanair » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:23 pm

I like how they’re looking this year.. the system in place is coming together nicely. They’ve lost a few games by 3 or under .. they’re competed mostly.

And Lavine on young is spot on!! Glue guy.

Return to Wiretap Discussion