Where are dunks tracked?

Moderator: Doctor MJ

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Where are dunks tracked? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 8:24 pm

I can seem to find this. I'm sure it's on Cleaning the Glass, but I no longer have that. Anywhere else?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Where are dunks tracked? 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 1:32 am

bwgood77 wrote:I can seem to find this. I'm sure it's on Cleaning the Glass, but I no longer have that. Anywhere else?

NBA.com has them under player shooting splits. Go to the player's page, stats, splits, shooting.

Part way down under Shot Type Summary.

BBR has them if you go to the player's page, shooting, and click on the season.

Part way down it will have splits.

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 2:23 am

bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I can seem to find this. I'm sure it's on Cleaning the Glass, but I no longer have that. Anywhere else?

NBA.com has them under player shooting splits. Go to the player's page, stats, splits, shooting.

I had seen it on the b-ref page. I was trying to look at a list of dunks by player. Is that not available?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 2:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

I had seen it on the b-ref page. I was trying to look at a list of dunks by player. Is that not available?

Think the only way is through basketball references subscription service. But if you sign up you get a free month's trial and can cancel it right after.

https://stathead.com/tiny/8pnFn

I'm currently doing that but think it's behind a paywall. A bit of a bummer.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 2:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Unfortunately the only way I know of to do that is BBR's shot finder.

Some of it is paywalled (but you can get a free month too and just cancel after the trial).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 2:52 am

bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:NBA.com has them under player shooting splits. Go to the player's page, stats, splits, shooting.

Some of it is paywalled (but you can get a free month too and just cancel after the trial).

Seems odd that with all that's out there these days you can't look at dunk leaders.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 3:17 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Seems odd that with all that's out there these days you can't look at dunk leaders.

Yeah, bbr going to pay for service hurt a little with it. Not sure but those are the only spots I know to do it that way. Cleaning the glass I think just goes by distance to the rim.
DQuinn1575
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#8 » by DQuinn1575 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:28 pm

bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Unfortunately the only way I know of to do that is BBR's shot finder.

Yeah, bbr going to pay for service hurt a little with it. Not sure but those are the only spots I know to do it that way. Cleaning the glass I think just goes by distance to the rim.

Don't know if any of you qualify, but b-ref is now offering a student discount for the stathead service.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:29 pm

DQuinn1575 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Don't know if any of you qualify, but b-ref is now offering a student discount for the stathead service.

A bit past my student days, but good to know in case I hear of someone asking in case :D.
colts18
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#10 » by colts18 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:21 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

B-R has number of dunks on this page.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_shooting.html

Gobert is leading the league
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:39 am

colts18 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:NBA.com has them under player shooting splits. Go to the player's page, stats, splits, shooting.

B-R has number of dunks on this page.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_shooting.html

Gobert is leading the league

Thanks! Oubre pretty high for a SF. He loves to dunk though.

Return to Statistical Analysis