ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic injury tracker

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Re: Orlando Magic injury tracker 

Post#41 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:41 am

Aminu 4 mins and reinjured....

Cole injury.

Now Mason injured. No PGs....

Basketball Gods making it clear to WeHam this season is over and that the Devos need to sell the team.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,205

Post#42 » by thelead » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:25 am

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#43 » by MoMM » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:06 am

What's the timeline for each one of your injuries?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#44 » by drsd » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:11 pm

Today's news:
Magic's Frank Mason: Out with groin injury
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#45 » by Tarheel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Lol we're only one more player down from not being able to play.

If there is a more efficient way to rev up the tank than Dwayne Bacon running the point I don't wanna hear it.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#46 » by drsd » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Tarheel wrote:Lol we're only one more player down from not being able to play.

If there is a more efficient way to rev up the tank than Dwayne Bacon running the point I don't wanna hear it.

Starting this Magician must be #1 on the pro-Tanker's list:

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#47 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Well ****
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#48 » by basketballRob » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:32 pm

I doubt AG or Ennis come back before the allstar game either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,907

Post#49 » by Knightro » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:39 pm

Cole Anthony will miss at least the next 8 games.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#50 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:15 pm

So let me get this straight, the team doctors just now figured out it's not a shoulder injury but a rib injury....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#51 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:01 am

I'm not a "hot take" kind of guy. I'll make some strong statements, some of which might be controversial. But those aren't hot takes, those are just facts. Anyway, I don't like making hyperbolic statements about difficult-to-quantify things like the training and medical staff. If a guy gets injured he gets injured, there's no miracle cure or prevention method. But at some point, the evidence starts to pile up and the probability of it simply being an "aww shucks" situation drops to near zero. I might be ready to declare that our training and medical staff is garbage and they went to med school in some island country because they couldn't get accepted into med school here in the states. And they passed Caribbean med school at the bottom of their class, right behind Doc McStuffins. And remember, I don't speak in a hyperbolic manner. These are verifiable facts.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#52 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:12 am

FFBlitzace wrote:I'm not a "hot take" kind of guy. I'll make some strong statements, some of which might be controversial. But those aren't hot takes, those are just facts. Anyway, I don't like making hyperbolic statements about difficult-to-quantify things like the training and medical staff. If a guy gets injured he gets injured, there's no miracle cure or prevention method. But at some point, the evidence starts to pile up and the probability of it simply being an "aww shucks" situation drops to near zero. I might be ready to declare that our training and medical staff is garbage and they went to med school in some island country because they couldn't get accepted into med school here in the states. And they passed Caribbean med school at the bottom of their class, right behind Doc McStuffins. And remember, I don't speak in a hyperbolic manner. These are verifiable facts.

The fact that they subscribe to cupping doesn't help their case.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#53 » by RookieStar » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:47 am

Did we chnage medical staff from last year? Pre covid we pretty muvh had healthy guys right?
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#54 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:14 am

The Magic have to change their medical team for sure. They're horrendously bad. Worst in the league. You can't consistently misdiagnose players at the rate that they do.

Without exaggeration, the staff is more likely to give us the wrong information than not.

How many players have we seen get a timeline of a couple of games to get back only to see them miss weeks to months with a supposedly minor injury? Somethings gotta change for sure.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#55 » by Def Swami » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:25 am

As usual, something doesn't add up with the Magic and injures.

Anthony appeared to injure his left shoulder in Golden State on a non-contact jump shot. He raised up to shoot and immediately came down in pain grabbing his left shoulder.

I've never heard of cracking a rib in a non-contact mechanism.

Maybe this fractured rib is a different injury than the one in Golden State? Hard to say, but it takes a lot of impact to fracture a rib.

Once again, we're not getting the full story on the injury. I used to think it was because the team was hiding something. But, now I just think they're wildly incompetent. I love how we first heard about his cracked rib through Cole Anthony's Twitch. And the Magic had to release a statement on it the next day.

I mean, what are we even doing with Aminu? He played for 4 minutes in his first game back, and now is out for "knee management?" What does that even mean? The guy has rehabbed for over a year and can't even get healthy enough to play more than 4 minutes?

The Magic need a new medical and training team.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#56 » by Xatticus » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:40 am

FFBlitzace wrote:I'm not a "hot take" kind of guy. I'll make some strong statements, some of which might be controversial. But those aren't hot takes, those are just facts. Anyway, I don't like making hyperbolic statements about difficult-to-quantify things like the training and medical staff. If a guy gets injured he gets injured, there's no miracle cure or prevention method. But at some point, the evidence starts to pile up and the probability of it simply being an "aww shucks" situation drops to near zero. I might be ready to declare that our training and medical staff is garbage and they went to med school in some island country because they couldn't get accepted into med school here in the states. And they passed Caribbean med school at the bottom of their class, right behind Doc McStuffins. And remember, I don't speak in a hyperbolic manner. These are verifiable facts.

Agreed. I'm reluctant to throw around such accusations. The Aminu injury is the one that stands out to me. That shouldn't have taken a year+ to recover from, but otherwise I'm just speculating. I have long suspected that Clifford overworks the team, but that's just based on what I see on game days. There are times when everyone's legs look tired after having two days off between games. That just doesn't make sense to me. I don't know what to make of it all.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#57 » by pepe1991 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:23 am

Do you need more evidence than cupping marks on our players that medical stuff are bunch of shamans?
Cupping is proven to be usless and potentially harmful therapy that never showed any positive impact on person who goes through therapy, yet our players look like they were marked 5000 times like cows.

Forbes article about topic " That's what proponents of pseudoscience always say when the evidence fails to support their bogus claims. Let us do more studies, they argue, and eventually we'll prove what we already believe. That's a recipe for bad science.

Even NCCIH, the arm of NIH dedicated to studying complementary and integrative nonsense medicine, can't bring itself to endorse cupping. Their summary states:

There’s been some research on cupping, but most of it is of low quality.
Cupping may help reduce pain, but the evidence for this isn’t very strong.
There’s not enough high-quality research to allow conclusions to be reached about whether cupping is helpful for other conditions.
In other words, some bad scientists have conducted a few studies but haven't proven anything. But wait, it gets worse. NCCIH goes on to warn that:

Cupping can cause side effects such as persistent skin discoloration, scars, burns, and infections, and may worsen eczema or psoriasis.
Rare cases of severe side effects have been reported, such as bleeding inside the skull (after cupping on the scalp) and anemia from blood loss (after repeated wet cupping). "

I mean what's next? Forcing players to wear sideways underwhear because Eastern Europien granmothers said nobody can curse you like that ? ( literally, folclore of my country)
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#58 » by Def Swami » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:43 pm

I could be wrong, but I think the cupping thing is something the players chose to do themselves. They've been cupping since before this medical and training team took over. I remember Vucevic and Fournier starting it when Tobias Harris was here. And then AG participated.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#59 » by paperboymafia » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:45 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Do you need more evidence than cupping marks on our players that medical stuff are bunch of shamans?
Cupping is proven to be usless and potentially harmful therapy that never showed any positive impact on person who goes through therapy, yet our players look like they were marked 5000 times like cows.

Forbes article about topic " That's what proponents of pseudoscience always say when the evidence fails to support their bogus claims. Let us do more studies, they argue, and eventually we'll prove what we already believe. That's a recipe for bad science.

Even NCCIH, the arm of NIH dedicated to studying complementary and integrative nonsense medicine, can't bring itself to endorse cupping. Their summary states:

There’s not enough high-quality research to allow conclusions to be reached about whether cupping is helpful for other conditions.
In other words, some bad scientists have conducted a few studies but haven't proven anything. But wait, it gets worse. NCCIH goes on to warn that:

Cupping can cause side effects such as persistent skin discoloration, scars, burns, and infections, and may worsen eczema or psoriasis.
Rare cases of severe side effects have been reported, such as bleeding inside the skull (after cupping on the scalp) and anemia from blood loss (after repeated wet cupping). "

I mean what's next? Forcing players to wear sideways underwhear because Eastern Europien granmothers said nobody can curse you like that ? ( literally, folclore of my country)

^^that underwear story is great, remind me where you're from? Croatia was it? Apologies if wrong.

I've been wondering for a while what all those marks on their bodies were. First time I saw it on AG shoulder and I spent too long trying to decide if it was a **** tattoo. Whoops.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#60 » by pepe1991 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:00 pm

paperboymafia wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Do you need more evidence than cupping marks on our players that medical stuff are bunch of shamans?

^^that underwear story is great, remind me where you're from? Croatia was it? Apologies if wrong.

I've been wondering for a while what all those marks on their bodies were. First time I saw it on AG shoulder and I spent too long trying to decide if it was a **** tattoo. Whoops.

yea Croatia :D

Enas Kanter posted this few days back... It's safe to assume cupping doesn't help play defense :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic