Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Coach Malone 

Post#161 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:41 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
stoo wrote:when bol is offered an extension, will he want to stay here or sign for a team that is going to promise him a consistent role? even if denver is promising the same thing at that time

You can't give consistent role and minutes to 12+ players, it took the worst team in the East for Grant to get his role. Not having summer league and G-league not starting yet/being played in the bubble only makes things more complicated.

Agreed, but if a deep bench player doesn't get opportunities to play, you'll never find out if they can actually play. On the other hand, truthfully, I don't see many former Nuggets who didn't play here and are making a difference elsewhere. The only former Nuggets I can think of, that are playing regular minutes, were players we knew what they could do.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#162 » by Richard Miller » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:52 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Agreed, but if a deep bench player doesn't get opportunities to play, you'll never find out if they can actually play.

Yea, but the coaching staff can also see them in the practice and scrimmages unlike us, I guess they didn't think they are quite ready. That the Nuggets at the moment need almost any win they can get also complicates the things even more.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,168

Post#163 » by Mickey8 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Fire Malone,he's freaking clueless right now, he was supposed to be defensive minded coach and yet his team is allowing 70 points in two halves , to one of the worst teams in the league. I said after the last season , he should have been replaced , this team wont make that next step with him as a coach, unless Denver acquire some big name superstar, they can only regress like what they are doing this season. Give the chance to somebody else , until this season is out of reach and Denver misses the play off's, give a chance to Wes Unseld jr, if they can't get some quality coach, Malone has lost this team.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#164 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Fire Malone,he's freaking clueless right now, he was supposed to be defensive minded coach and yet his team is allowing 70 points in two halves , to one of the worst teams in the league. I said after the last season , he should have been replaced , this team wont make that next step with him as a coach, unless Denver acquire some big name superstar, they can only regress like what they are doing this season. Give the chance to somebody else , until this season is out of reach and Denver misses the play off's, give a chance to Wes Unseld jr, if they can't get some quality coach, Malone has lost this team.

I understand and don't totally disagree. Two pieces of "good" news here though. #1 Our team is young, so we have a year or two to figure these things out. #2 ... oh well, can I stick to one good thing? :lol:

I can't disagree about giving Unseld a shot - but he's relatively unknown and unproven. I'd prefer someone playoff experienced, but those coaches aren't available too often. So why not give Unseld a shot?
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#165 » by psimanic1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Gary Harris (left adductor strain) is out Friday against the Cavs, Nuggets say. Harris returned from a 7-game absence last night in Washington and played 28 minutes.

Dozier, Millsap and Whittington are also out.

Barton (personal) is questionable. Green (shoulder) is probable.
So instead of playing RJ more minutes, because he deserved it, we now lose Harris again.. Thx coach
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#166 » by skywalker33 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm

Have to say I'd of been OK with firing Malone and bringing Finch here to be honest.

And is it just me hoping it happens but does Malone get put on the hot-seat for this year's mediocre performance ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#167 » by Manolito » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:11 am

Malone was extended up to 2022/2023 season.

Firing a coach with still two season contract? I highly doubt It, the earliest he could be fire is during next season

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#168 » by The Rebel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 pm

The most damning thing I have read was on another message board, and that the 2 leading candidates for MIP this year both were guys that were on this team a year ago. Which follows with Nurkic being in the conversation of MIP the year after we traded him as well. That is 3 guys in basically 4 years that left and had their careers explode and is not even counting the fact that Vanderbilt is now a starter after never getting off the bench here and Craig a Malone crutch cannot even get off the bench for the Bucks.

I still don't think the front office will fire him any time soon because they give him credit for the guys who have developed, but to me the success of guys elsewhere who Malone cannot figure out how to use is terrible. Why won't our local beat writers ever criticize the team until the franchise wants someone to be criticized?
skywalker33

Post#169 » by skywalker33 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

Seems bothersome that Malone has a Big 3 that he can't integrate, ins't that HIS JOB ??

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#170 » by Mickey8 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:44 pm

He needs to go ,asap.
skywalker33

Post#171 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:15 pm

Malone just can't seem to adjust especially when his veterans are failing. Facu and Barton were both having bad games yet Malone "trusted" Facu with 32moins of bad play, didn't he even take the final 3pt shot, despite his lousy 3pt shooting night, instead of passing to the better shooter right next to him in MPJ ???

Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#172 » by Mickey8 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:58 pm

We saw what coach change can do with Golden State. I am not saying Denver is talented as GS was, not at all, but maybe coach change will help this team . Even with the injuries this team shouldn't be this bad , core of Jokic and Murray is still on the court and they shouldn't lose to teams like Sacramento, Washington etc. at home.
skywalker33

Post#173 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:14 pm

Even when we're down, short-handed and his vets are doing poorly, he still can't play his rookies. RJ should've gotten some playing time, even Bol could've shown more than what Facu did.

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#174 » by Richard Miller » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:46 pm

skywalker33 wrote:even Bol could've shown more than what Facu did.

Lol come on, Facu is probably the best available defensive guard at the moment, both Murray and Monte couldn't guard a parked car most of the nights and Bol is years away from being impactful. He got the ball with 1 sec. left on the clock ofc he had to shoot it.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:54 pm

Richard Miller wrote:

Lol come on, Facu is probably the best available defensive guard at the moment, both Murray and Monte couldn't guard a parked car most of the nights and Bol is years away from being impactful. He got the ball with 1 sec. left on the clock ofc he had to shoot it.

Based on that game, I wouldn't use the word "best" for any of our guards - even "best available" or any other form of the word "best". :noway:
skywalker33

Post#176 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Richard Miller wrote:

Debatable but his offense was NON-EXISTENT last night, he could have/should have passed that last shot over to MPJ who was just as wide open and having a much better shooting night than he was. Could have been a good assist too, which he was slight on as well.

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#177 » by Richard Miller » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:53 pm

skywalker33 wrote: he could have/should have passed that last shot over to MPJ who was just as wide open and having a much better shooting night than he was. Could have been a good assist too, which he was slight on as well.

He got the ball around his ankles with maybe 2 seconds remaining, either MPJ should've cut or Murray should've drove to the basket, giving the ball to Facu was more desperation than anything
skywalker33

Post#178 » by skywalker33 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:05 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote: he could have/should have passed that last shot over to MPJ who was just as wide open and having a much better shooting night than he was. Could have been a good assist too, which he was slight on as well.

He got the ball around his ankles with maybe 2 seconds remaining, either MPJ should've cut or Murray should've drove to the basket, giving the ball to Facu was more desperation than anything

I will agree Murray passed to the wrong guy but it was still a wide-open three that should have been made by Facu. If they were hoping to win it, perhaps Murray should've just shot it himself

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#179 » by Richard Miller » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:34 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

I will agree Murray passed to the wrong guy but it was still a wide-open three that should have been made by Facu. If they were hoping to win it, perhaps Murray should've just shot it himself

It was miscommunication I guess, Murray expected MPJ to cut and MPJ expected someone will shoot the 3, by the time Murray realized no one is cutting, there was almost nothing else to do than to throw a bad pass which lead to a bad 3p attempt. Tbh, they should've never been down in the last seconds in the first place. Let's also not forget 2 pts form "I'm the starter" Barton :lol:
skywalker33

Post#180 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:23 am

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

It was miscommunication I guess, Murray expected MPJ to cut and MPJ expected someone will shoot the 3, by the time Murray realized no one is cutting, there was almost nothing else to do than to throw a bad pass which lead to a bad 3p attempt. Tbh, they should've never been down in the last seconds in the first place. Let's also not forget 2 pts form "I'm the starter" Barton :lol:

So you think their coach might have suggested they go for the tie rather than a win, take it into OT and win it there ???

And don't get me started on Barton, although we are on the same page there.

Return to Denver Nuggets