NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 pm

The NBA and NBPA have announced they will play its 2021 All-Star Game on March 7th in Atlanta. 

The game will follow the same competitive format as 2020 with teams competing to win each quarter and playing to a Final Target Score during an untimed fourth quarter.

The game will also have two captains choosing teams.

Via RealGM Staff Report

LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#2 » by LesGrossman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 pm

I hope the whiners sit it out and let others have the experience, even though i think some of them are still so attention greedy they cant deal with the thought of a weekend of basketball and national TV without them. But the whining will continue nontheless.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#3 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:43 pm

The All Star game has become such trash.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Ballknowledge
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Ballknowledge » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:The All Star game has become such trash.

Curious as to why you think so. Last years game, the 4th quarter especially, was the most competitive and in my opinion the most entertaining one I’ve seen in years
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Post#5 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Ballknowledge wrote:

Curious as to why you think so. Last years game, the 4th quarter especially, was the most competitive and in my opinion the most entertaining one I’ve seen in years
in how many years?
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
raylewis
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#6 » by raylewis » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:15 pm

would be fun to give defensive player of the game award
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am

LesGrossman wrote:I hope the whiners sit it out and let others have the experience, even though i think some of them are still so attention greedy they cant deal with the thought of a weekend of basketball and national TV without them. But the whining will continue nontheless.

Truth. Let the Lebrons, Durants, Irvings, etc sit this one out. Let players with 3-6 years of experience get in.

PGS - Fox, Jamal Murray, Simmons, Trae Young, Sexton, Dejounte Murray
2s - Jaylen Brown, Mitchell, Booker, SGA, Brogdon, Buddy
3's - Tatum, Doncic, Ingram, Bridges, OG Anunoby, Beasley
4's - Wood, Sabonis, Collins, Siakam, MPJ, Markkanen
5's - Bam, Turner, Ayton, KAT, Jokic, Jarrett Allen

This would be so fun to watch
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#8 » by 23artest23 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:I hope the whiners sit it out and let others have the experience, even though i think some of them are still so attention greedy they cant deal with the thought of a weekend of basketball and national TV without them. But the whining will continue nontheless.

Truth. Let the Lebrons, Durants, Irvings, etc sit this one out. Let players with 3-6 years of experience get in.

PGS - Fox, Jamal Murray, Simmons, Trae Young, Sexton, Dejounte Murray
2s - Jaylen Brown, Mitchell, Booker, SGA, Brogdon, Buddy
3's - Tatum, Doncic, Ingram, Bridges, OG Anunoby, Beasley
4's - Wood, Sabonis, Collins, Siakam, MPJ, Markkanen
5's - Bam, Turner, Ayton, KAT, Jokic, Jarrett Allen

This would be so fun to watch

That would be an absolute must watch for me.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#9 » by 23artest23 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:20 pm

It's hard for me to get excited about anything Allstar related when we still have fan voting. It has been shown over and over that fans don't vote for deserving players but rather they vote for their favorites that sometimes happen to be deserving.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#10 » by LesGrossman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Ballknowledge wrote:

in how many years?

How does that matter??
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.

Return to Wiretap Discussion