ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,337

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 7 

Post#1241 » by doclinkin » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:26 pm

TGW wrote:Hey look, Xavier Tillman is beasting in Memphis.

No one on this board called that one. Absolutely no one.

Yeah I had Tillman 2 years ago. And liked DeAndre Hunter last draft. Defensive players are underranked. Seems to me there are defensive steals waiting to be snatched every year.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,865

Post#1242 » by payitforward » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:05 am

I don't know how people *didn't* have Tillman as a likely steal to tell the truth.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#1243 » by TGW » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:40 am

doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:Hey look, Xavier Tillman is beasting in Memphis.

No one on this board called that one. Absolutely no one.

Yeah I had Tillman 2 years ago. And liked DeAndre Hunter last draft. Defensive players are underranked. Seems to me there are defensive steals waiting to be snatched every year.

I’ve realized throughout the years that anytime you, Ccj, ruzious, and dat unanimously likes a player, that player has. 90% chance of being good.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1244 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 3, 2021 10:37 pm

It's hard to figure out why a player finally clicks after years of mediocrity. Bobby Portis stunk with the Wiz and other teams. Now, he's having by far his most efficient season and his most productive season with the Bucks. He's the Bucks best backup.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1245 » by gambitx777 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 3:41 am

WoW the way rose is playing a late second and denis smith jr..... Damn! They didn't even get their second back.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1246 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 8, 2021 12:26 pm

Any chance to steal Mo Bamba probably vanished the other day with him scoring 14 points (7 of 8), 7 rebounds, and 3 blocks in just the 4th quarter. He's gonna be a good one.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#1247 » by Dark Faze » Mon Feb 8, 2021 9:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:It's hard to figure out why a player finally clicks after years of mediocrity. Bobby Portis stunk with the Wiz and other teams. Now, he's having by far his most efficient season and his most productive season with the Bucks. He's the Bucks best backup.

His numbers are better, probably unsustainably so on a short sample size, but in general he was still a guy who would have given the Wiz good shooting as well. The difference is you don't care about it when he's playing for a terrible team that doesn't play defense. Scoring always looks significantly better when added to good well rounded teams. It's like Jordan Clarkson going from the rebuild Cavs to the Jazz.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1248 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Houston gets it. They invested in Christian Wood, and he's the real deal. Now, they've signed Justin Patton to a 2-way contract. He can be a big part of their future, too.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1249 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Anyone at all think the NYK go hard on a move at the dead line ?

Where does Kyle lowery go?

Can boston do anything to add depth other than trade away they young players that their gm missed on?

Should GS make a move ?

Does drummand get bought out or is there a trade for him somewhere?

What they hell do the pistons do with Blake.

Can the nugs do anything other than trading the farm for beal to right the ship?

pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,569

Post#1250 » by pcbothwel » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:Houston gets it. They invested in Christian Wood, and he's the real deal. Now, they've signed Justin Patton to a 2-way contract. He can be a big part of their future, too.

Ruz, first the Beal-Siakam trade and now this. (Half Kidding)
- Houston allowed the Harden situation to fester and become a side show that lowered moral and lessened their return.
- They compounded that problem by electing to take Oladipo (Who has been AWFUL) instead of Levert
- Then the choose the Bucks 2022 1st (Probably 26-30 range) instead of Jarrett Allen.
- They held onto PJ Tucker too long and now he has completely fallen off a cliff. Which was obvious as he is a soon to be 36 y/o Journeyman.
- Even with Wall. He is having his worst year of his career with a career high in Usage & FGA and a career low Assist, STOCKS, and FG% at the rim.

Eric Gordon is having his best season in 3 years... but he has 3/60M remaining on his contract AFTER this year. They need to move him while he's hot.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1251 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:16 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Houston gets it. They invested in Christian Wood, and he's the real deal. Now, they've signed Justin Patton to a 2-way contract. He can be a big part of their future, too.

Ruz, first the Beal-Siakam trade and now this. (Half Kidding)
- Houston allowed the Harden situation to fester and become a side show that lowered moral and lessened their return.
- They compounded that problem by electing to take Oladipo (Who has been AWFUL) instead of Levert
- Then the choose the Bucks 2022 1st (Probably 26-30 range) instead of Jarrett Allen.
- They held onto PJ Tucker too long and now he has completely fallen off a cliff. Which was obvious as he is a soon to be 36 y/o Journeyman.
- Even with Wall. He is having his worst year of his career with a career high in Usage & FGA and a career low Assist, STOCKS, and FG% at the rim.

Eric Gordon is having his best season in 3 years... but he has 3/60M remaining on his contract AFTER this year. They need to move him while he's hot.

I was talking about getting young talented bigs that others have discarded. Nothing else. I haven't been paying enough attention to them to comment on all the things you mentioned - though I think they did as well as could be expected in both the Harden and Wall situations.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1252 » by gambitx777 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:31 pm

What the **** happened with the rockets and boogie thought things were chill? He had john there?

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,282

Post#1253 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:50 pm

gambitx777 wrote:What the **** happened with the rockets and boogie thought things were chill? He had john there?

I don't understand what you are asking.

EDIT: Oh, I guess it has something to do with this:

Read on Twitter

The answer is, Cousins sucks. He's basically the center version of Westbrook. He has nice counting stats, but his shooting percentage is awful and his usage is way too high for someone who is so inefficient. And he doesn't seem willing or able to adjust his game.

Also, he's a bad defender. And that's devastating for a center.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,865

Post#1254 » by payitforward » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:37 am

Weird, b/c earlier today or yesterday Woj tweeted that Houston was picking up Cousins' guarantee for the season.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,463

Post#1255 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:42 am

Give Lillard a two minute minor penalty for embellishment
In Rizzo we trust
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1256 » by gambitx777 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:50 am

Maybe just out of respect
payitforward wrote:Weird, b/c earlier today or yesterday Woj tweeted that Houston was picking up Cousins' guarantee for the season.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1257 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 1, 2021 11:03 pm

Apparently the Hawks aren't as patient as people thought. They've fired their head coach - despite a bunch of a injuries and learning young players - after 34 games.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,463

Post#1258 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Mar 2, 2021 4:55 am

Ruzious wrote:Apparently the Hawks aren't as patient as people thought. They've fired their head coach - despite a bunch of a injuries and learning young players - after 34 games.

Probably has something to do with having a better coach waiting in the wings. Looks like they just tapped Nate MacMillen as interim.

I think he’ll turn them around. I really wish we had Nate.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1259 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 2, 2021 5:18 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Apparently the Hawks aren't as patient as people thought. They've fired their head coach - despite a bunch of a injuries and learning young players - after 34 games.

Probably has something to do with having a better coach waiting in the wings. Looks like they just tapped Nate MacMillen as interim.

I think he’ll turn them around. I really wish we had Nate.

But if they like him that much, then why just make him an interim coach? It makes it seem like it was more about getting rid of Pierce.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#1260 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 2, 2021 8:01 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya6o4a7n

How about Ish Smith and Troy Brown for Kris Dunn and Cam Reddish?

We aren’t using Brown and there is no way Reddish will ever get better on that roster. Dunn, when healthy, can really defend well. I think Reddish might be better in a different scenario.

I wanted to include Robinson but nobody wants him.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards