Read on Twitter
?s=21
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Re: Myles Turner appreciation thread 

Post#22 » by pacers33granger » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:21 pm

Right now Gobert is the DPOY. But the people out there discounting what Myles has done this year are absurd. I've seen a ton of "he's just chasing blocks" which is incredibly off to anyone who has watched him and followed his career.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#23 » by pacers33granger » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Not sure if any of you saw this, but it's frankly awesome.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

As I understand it, someone Venmoe'd Myles for $100 due to his play against the Bulls. Myles sent him back a penny for his thoughts. He's now turned it into matching anything sent to him as donations to Texas. Such a great way to handle a douchebag social media "fan" and turn it into something great.

As a slight aside, Pritchard talked about Myles recently on a podcast and said he's become such a great leader. Which is crazy for a 25 year old. I know the guy will likely never be an all star and will perpetually be disrespected by casual fans and media. But he's on the path of being a Pacer great imo. Kinda like a Jeff Foster, but a better player. I hope he sticks with the team for the long haul.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:15 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Not sure if any of you saw this, but it's frankly awesome.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

As I understand it, someone Venmoe'd Myles for $100 due to his play against the Bulls. Myles sent him back a penny for his thoughts. He's now turned it into matching anything sent to him as donations to Texas. Such a great way to handle a douchebag social media "fan" and turn it into something great.

As a slight aside, Pritchard talked about Myles recently on a podcast and said he's become such a great leader. Which is crazy for a 25 year old. I know the guy will likely never be an all star and will perpetually be disrespected by casual fans and media. But he's on the path of being a Pacer great imo. Kinda like a Jeff Foster, but a better player. I hope he sticks with the team for the long haul.

Apparently, this guy requested Myles pay him $100 3 different times because he “had to watch him lose the Bulls game”, which, rude, and incorrect. But yeah, after Myles tweeted that penny payment, a bunch of fans started sending Myles money, which he then decided to donate for Texas weather relief and match with his own money.

He’s a dynamite guy. Even his first season here, he had his WARM campaign he did to provide warm clothes to those in Indy with unstable living conditions. He’s been a top notch person since the day he arrived. Sure, he never became the superstar all around player that fans wished upon him, but that’s not his fault. He’s worked hard, done everything asked of him here, and focused on how he can best help his team, which is defense. Hard to hate him. Easy to like him.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#25 » by Topofthekey » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:41 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Not sure if any of you saw this, but it's frankly awesome.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I keep saying, Myles is likely going to end up being Pacers' top all time C

Hibbert had a high peak, but fizzled out way too fast. Rik Smits was great, but he wasn't durable and didn't impact the game like Myles does. Myles is going to end up with a better Pacers career than them

Of course, this is just me projecting the future. Anything can happen. Pacers may trade Myles tomorrow and bring his career with the team to a pre-mature end for all I know

But as it stands, if Myles continues having the career he's had so far and eventually retires a Pacer, he is on track to be sitting on top of the list when someone tries to name the franchise's best centers ten or twenty years in the future
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
countryboy667
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#28 » by countryboy667 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Anyone else tired of all the vultures circling around thinking they can talk talk talk and get Turner for a song or the junk off their benches because they are big markets? If he's going to leave, let it be in free agency at the end of his contract. The Pacers need to make it known loud and clear that they are not going to be anyone's damned farm team.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261859/Knicks-Lakers-Clippers-Hornets-Pelicans-Interested-In-Trading-For-Myles-Turner

Just why is his "future unclear" with the Pacers? Because some a-hole sportswriter says that it is? The combination in the frontcourt with him and Sabonis seems to be working pretty well. The Pacer's problems lie elsewhere, it seems to me. And most of those problems could be alleviated by the return of a healthy Warren.

If the Pacers trade him and don't get a genuine star that fills a genuine need in return, I'm done with them and the NBA.

The NBA is barely worth watching anymore anyway, it's just a chuckfest. Did you see the shot chart from the All-Star game? Disgusting!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#30 » by Topofthekey » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:59 pm

countryboy667 wrote:Anyone else tired of all the vultures circling around thinking they can talk talk talk and get Turner for a song or the junk off their benches because they are big markets? If he's going to leave, let it be in free agency at the end of his contract. The Pacers need to make it known loud and clear that they are not going to be anyone's damned farm team.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261859/Knicks-Lakers-Clippers-Hornets-Pelicans-Interested-In-Trading-For-Myles-Turner

Just why is his "future unclear" with the Pacers? Because some a-hole sportswriter says that it is? The combination in the frontcourt with him and Sabonis seems to be working pretty well. The Pacer's problems lie elsewhere, it seems to me. And most of those problems could be alleviated by the return of a healthy Warren.

If the Pacers trade him and don't get a genuine star that fills a genuine need in return, I'm done with them and the NBA.

The NBA is barely worth watching anymore anyway, it's just a chuckfest. Did you see the shot chart from the All-Star game? Disgusting!

I mean, at least with the big markets, I can sort of understand their sense of entitlement, since they have the media on their side hyping things up for them. When someone is constantly being told how great and desirable they are, it's not surprising that they start developing an inflated sense of entitlement. I don't like it and I think it's dumb, but I can see why they behave that way

But on the other hand, you have fans of small markets who somehow also behave in the exact same way

Look at how Hornets posters on the trade board are inflating the value of their own players and are going around arguing for low-ball offers for players from other teams like Pacers, Magic, and Hawks

If one does not know any better, one would have thought that Hornets played for LA or NY or something

Return to Indiana Pacers