Lakers To Reportedly Pursue DeMarcus Cousins

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Lakers To Reportedly Pursue DeMarcus Cousins  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:22 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers will be among the teams that will pursue DeMarcus Cousins, sources told Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.

Cousins will part ways with the Rockets in the upcoming days. 

O'Connor adds that the market will be limited for Cousins as he returns from multiple major injuries. 

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

MINDKCUF
Senior
And1: 577

Re: Lakers To Reportedly Pursue DeMarcus Cousins 

Post#2 » by MINDKCUF » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:25 pm

cousins should shun the lakers. they cut him from team less than 1 yr ago to make room for marqueef morris.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 509

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:46 pm

Shocker! LeBron will take anyone’s throw aways.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
GMjobZK
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#4 » by GMjobZK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:06 pm

MINDKCUF wrote:cousins should shun the lakers. they cut him from team less than 1 yr ago to make room for marqueef morris.

I strongly agree! I’d like to say the Nets should go get him but I don’t think he gives them what they need even though he’s a big man. He’s not what he used to be.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#5 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:26 pm

Just a few days ago Cousins expressed gratitude for the Lakers deciding to present him with a championship ring for last season even though he never suited up for them. I wasn't sure why he wasn't just back with them to start the year, but unless, and here is the one unless, unless he wants to go to a lesser team and rack up major minutes to get his numbers back up so he can get paid next year, the Lakers seem very likely. There's still good will there and one of his besties to replace/support.
Brianmas23
Junior
And1: 25

Post#6 » by Brianmas23 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:41 pm

MINDKCUF wrote:cousins should shun the lakers. they cut him from team less than 1 yr ago to make room for marqueef morris.
Morris was huge for the Lakers. Cousins wasn’t going to play, he got paid, and got a ring. He definitely shouldn’t shun the Lakers..
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#7 » by Theo Ratliff » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:04 pm

I don't know why he would sign with with them. Once Davis returns from injury. They are going to toss him to the end of the bench like a 2 dollar hooker.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 232

Post#8 » by tigerae » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Brianmas23 wrote:
Morris was huge for the Lakers. Cousins wasn’t going to play, he got paid, and got a ring. He definitely shouldn’t shun the Lakers..
They also allowed him to use their facilities and staff while he was recovering from his injury.

Marc Gasol is showing his age, at least in their system and Harrell is going to struggle against bigger big men like Jokic. Cousins could be a better fit, at least in some situations.

They should have kept Howard imo. I can see this coming back to bite them as it happened when they didn't bring back Horry after getting Malone back in the day.
slay25
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#9 » by slay25 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:52 pm

well when durant keeps playing with another former MVP and a third top 12 guy year after year, he's gotta do something. Show me a Durant team that didn't have one of the best line ups in NBA history and I'll show you a team that didn't make it out of the Conference Finals at best. 2012 was nice, but then got the gentlemen's sweep. Lebron now 37 and AD injured and now Kyrie wanna talk with him, Harden, Durant all basically in their primes (Durant can still shoot over anyone). Kyrie seems a little tense... a little bit forced.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,420

Post#10 » by scrabbarista » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:57 am

Do it, LAL, do it.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,948

Post#11 » by Liam_Gallagher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 am

tigerae wrote:
Brianmas23 wrote:
They also allowed him to use their facilities and staff while he was recovering from his injury.

Marc Gasol is showing his age, at least in their system and Harrell is going to struggle against bigger big men like Jokic. Cousins could be a better fit, at least in some situations.

They should have kept Howard imo. I can see this coming back to bite them as it happened when they didn't bring back Horry after getting Malone back in the day.

Harrell is so much better than Howard I don’t even know where to start. Howard was literally only playable against Denver and unplayable in the other 3 series, no one ever mentions that. And Horry was historically bad in the ‘03 playoffs, although I agree Malone wasn’t a great fit with O’Neal.
CH Smoot
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#12 » by CH Smoot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:52 am

Brianmas23 wrote:

I don't disagree, from what I understand, Cousins and the Lakers parted on good terms. But did Cousins actually get a ring??
pass_it_around
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#13 » by pass_it_around » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:42 am

CH Smoot wrote:
Brianmas23 wrote:

I don't disagree, from what I understand, Cousins and the Lakers parted on good terms. But did Cousins actually get a ring??

As a Laker fan, I don't think it is just wishful thinking that the Lakers have the strongest chance to land Cousins. They actually gave Cousins a ring, they kept relations good with Cousins. LA is in bad need of size while the Marc Gasol experiment isn't panning out. This won't get the Lakers over the top, but it will certainly patch a giant hole.

Purely my own speculation, but I suspect Cousins asked out of the Rockets rather than being cut, just so he can receive his ring in a Lakers uniform rather than on the next Lakers vs Rockets game.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#14 » by arasu » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:49 am

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
tigerae wrote:
Brianmas23 wrote: Morris was huge for the Lakers. Cousins wasn’t going to play, he got paid, and got a ring. He definitely shouldn’t shun the Lakers..

Harrell is so much better than Howard I don’t even know where to start. Howard was literally only playable against Denver and unplayable in the other 3 series, no one ever mentions that. And Horry was historically bad in the ‘03 playoffs, although I agree Malone wasn’t a great fit with O’Neal.

Malone was the glue for that team, until his injury. They were doing great until then, and Malone was essential. His career ending injury changed everything. His attempt to come back too early was a noble effort, but he was no where near the same. Kobe's court issues certainly weighed on the team, but Malone and GP were keys to keeping everything together despite that. Horry wouldn't have made the slightest difference that year, since what they needed was far beyond his role.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#15 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:18 am

slay25 wrote:

well when durant keeps playing with another former MVP and a third top 12 guy year after year, he's gotta do something. Show me a Durant team that didn't have one of the best line ups in NBA history and I'll show you a team that didn't make it out of the Conference Finals at best. 2012 was nice, but then got the gentlemen's sweep. Lebron now 37 and AD injured and now Kyrie wanna talk with him, Harden, Durant all basically in their primes (Durant can still shoot over anyone). Kyrie seems a little tense... a little bit forced.

Do you know who LeBron James is? He's the player who left Cleveland to join bosh and wade in there primes. Then failed to defeat the mavs. Came back a year later with Ray Allen. Should've lost to the spurs in 2013. Ray Allen bailed his ass out. He even took a swing at Greg Oden hoping he'd dominate and start a big 5. Wade got older and injury prone so he came back to Cleveland. But only to form a new younger super team. Kevin love didn't bring his 26 and 15 over with him. Bron got pissed. Then brought over jr.smith and shumpert in there best years. He escaped with one ring but needed to cheat draymond green by getting him suspended a game with dirty tactics. Kylie got sick of him and destroyed that super team. Then he's in LA knowing something big will happen eventually. Kd is only learning from the best snake in NBA history
8David24
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#16 » by 8David24 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 am

In my opinion, this is a bad solution for the Lakers. DeMarcus Cousins is very bad in defense, ok in offense, but in my opinion this is not a good move.
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,168

Post#17 » by Biff » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:04 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:
tigerae wrote:
Brianmas23 wrote: Morris was huge for the Lakers. Cousins wasn’t going to play, he got paid, and got a ring. He definitely shouldn’t shun the Lakers..

Lakers were starting to gel and look good right before Malone hurt his knee. He never looked the same after he came back.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
AIR24KOBE
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#18 » by AIR24KOBE » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm

Lmao, very well written Donald Trump. I'm glad you're using your time away from the office for more important matters.

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
slay25 wrote:

Do you know who LeBron James is? He's the player who left Cleveland to join bosh and wade in there primes. Then failed to defeat the mavs. Came back a year later with Ray Allen. Should've lost to the spurs in 2013. Ray Allen bailed his ass out. He even took a swing at Greg Oden hoping he'd dominate and start a big 5. Wade got older and injury prone so he came back to Cleveland. But only to form a new younger super team. Kevin love didn't bring his 26 and 15 over with him. Bron got pissed. Then brought over jr.smith and shumpert in there best years. He escaped with one ring but needed to cheat draymond green by getting him suspended a game with dirty tactics. Kylie got sick of him and destroyed that super team. Then he's in LA knowing something big will happen eventually. Kd is only learning from the best snake in NBA history
Salty1
Junior
And1: 81

Post#19 » by Salty1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:02 am

8David24 wrote:In my opinion, this is a bad solution for the Lakers. DeMarcus Cousins is very bad in defense, ok in offense, but in my opinion this is not a good move.

Lakers can't be stupid enough to sign this guy, his only purpose left in the league is giving advice to the rookies. Unless I'm missing something analytically... time to retire mate.

Return to Wiretap Discussion