Make Your Best Offers: Sellers Veterans

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Make Your Best Offers: Sellers Veterans 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:08 pm

I see this season breaking before the deadline where pretty much everyone is in it, but I could see 6 teams deciding it makes sense to sell a bit and take advantage of a limited trade market (Cavaliers, Pistons, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Thunder, Kings)... So let's say the following veterans are available, make your best offer for any of the following (as a package or individually)

Al Horford
Trevor Ariza
George Hill
J.J. Redick
Lonzo Ball
Eric Bledsoe
Ricky Rubio
Malik Beasley
Josh Okogie
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes
Cory Joseph
Nemanja Bjelica
Andre Drummond
JaVale McGee
Blake Griffin
Delon Wright
Wayne Ellington

Are there any other players from these teams or additional teams you think should be on this list? I had Houston and Toronto on my seller list in the past, but I think given Houston's 2021 draft pick situation, they just go for it and the Raptors seem to be clicking.
NYG
RealGM

Re: Rank The Sellers Veteran Trade Value 

Post#2 » by NYG » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:13 pm

I feel like Malik Beasley, Lonzo Ball, George Hill, Buddy Hield and Harrison Barnes are the best on the list?
NYG
RealGM

Post#3 » by NYG » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:41 am

NYG wrote:I feel like Malik Beasley, Lonzo Ball, George Hill, Buddy Hield and Harrison Barnes are the best on the list?

If these are the 5 best on the market at the deadline, what are they worth?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:09 am

As for the Kings on that list, I feel Beli might be the only one with some positive value

I defended Barnes as having slightly above value, before his last turn of games. Now I doubt he’s positive. Buddy is having a subpar year so far under Walton. I feel they both might be moved once we have an average coach and a year or two off their deals if we aren’t competing. Than again, we could keep them and see if a real coach would do better (before the team started not playing for Walton Fox/Hali/Hield/Barnes/Holmes had a death statistical lineup going). The team is currently on a downward tanking trend even with them, so if they aren’t in the way of the tank, don’t have much value, and could look better under a non bottom 2-3 coach they probably will stay

CoJo is a player who no one should want
NYG
RealGM

Post#5 » by NYG » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:16 am

BoogieTime wrote:As for the Kings on that list, I feel Beli might be the only one with some positive value

I defended Barnes as having slightly above value, before his last turn of games. Now I doubt he’s positive. Buddy is having a subpar year so far under Walton. I feel they both might be moved once we have an average coach and a year or two off their deals if we aren’t competing. Than again, we could keep them and see if a real coach would do better (before the team started not playing for Walton Fox/Hali/Hield/Barnes/Holmes had a death statistical lineup going). The team is currently on a downward tanking trend even with them. That’s not to say they wouldn’t be available if there was an offer for them I don’t think there would be

Would you take Blake Griffin for Joseph/Hield just to save some years on the Hield contract or you're not that down on Hield yet?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:23 am

NYG wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:As for the Kings on that list, I feel Beli might be the only one with some positive value

I defended Barnes as having slightly above value, before his last turn of games. Now I doubt he’s positive. Buddy is having a subpar year so far under Walton. I feel they both might be moved once we have an average coach and a year or two off their deals if we aren’t competing. Than again, we could keep them and see if a real coach would do better (before the team started not playing for Walton Fox/Hali/Hield/Barnes/Holmes had a death statistical lineup going). The team is currently on a downward tanking trend even with them. That’s not to say they wouldn’t be available if there was an offer for them I don’t think there would be

Would you take Blake Griffin for Joseph/Hield just to save some years on the Hield contract or you're not that down on Hield yet?

We’d need to have a sound financial reason for the undertaking, not sure what the FO would have in mind
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#7 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:51 am

NYG wrote:I see this season breaking before the deadline where pretty much everyone is in it, but I could see 6 teams deciding it makes sense to sell a bit and take advantage of a limited trade market (Cavaliers, Pistons, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Thunder, Kings)... So let's say the following veterans are available, rank them (either use the whole list or if you prefer, just take the top 5-10 and just rank those) in terms of current trade value...

Al Horford
Trevor Ariza
George Hill
J.J. Redick
Lonzo Ball
Eric Bledsoe
Ricky Rubio
Malik Beasley
Josh Okogie
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes
Cory Joseph
Nemanja Bjelica
Andre Drummond
JaVale McGee
Blake Griffin
Delon Wright
Wayne Ellington

Are there any other players from these teams or additional teams you think should be on this list? I had Houston and Toronto on my seller list in the past, but I think given Houston's 2021 draft pick situation, they just go for it and the Raptors seem to be clicking.

Lonzo Ball
Malik Beasley
Delon Wright
Josh Okogie
Harrison Barnes
Buddy Hield
Wayne Ellington
George Hill
Nemanja Bjelica
J.J. Redick
JaVale McGee
Trevor Ariza
Ricky Rubio
Andre Drummond
Eric Bledsoe
Cory Joseph
Blake Griffin
Al Horford
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
NYG
RealGM

Post#8 » by NYG » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:02 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
NYG wrote:I see this season breaking before the deadline where pretty much everyone is in it, but I could see 6 teams deciding it makes sense to sell a bit and take advantage of a limited trade market (Cavaliers, Pistons, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Thunder, Kings)... So let's say the following veterans are available, rank them (either use the whole list or if you prefer, just take the top 5-10 and just rank those) in terms of current trade value...

Al Horford
Trevor Ariza
George Hill
J.J. Redick
Lonzo Ball
Eric Bledsoe
Ricky Rubio
Malik Beasley
Josh Okogie
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes
Cory Joseph
Nemanja Bjelica
Andre Drummond
JaVale McGee
Blake Griffin
Delon Wright
Wayne Ellington

Lonzo Ball
Malik Beasley
Delon Wright
Josh Okogie
Harrison Barnes
Buddy Hield
Wayne Ellington
George Hill
Nemanja Bjelica
J.J. Redick
JaVale McGee
Trevor Ariza
Ricky Rubio
Andre Drummond
Eric Bledsoe
Cory Joseph
Blake Griffin
Al Horford

I think Hill is low and Okogie is high, but not bad.
letsgorockets
Rookie
And1: 595

Re: Make Your Best Offers: Sellers Veterans 

Post#9 » by letsgorockets » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:08 am

NYG wrote:I see this season breaking before the deadline where pretty much everyone is in it, but I could see 6 teams deciding it makes sense to sell a bit and take advantage of a limited trade market (Cavaliers, Pistons, Timberwolves, Pelicans, Thunder, Kings)... So let's say the following veterans are available, make your best offer for any of the following (as a package or individually)

Al Horford
Trevor Ariza
George Hill
J.J. Redick
Lonzo Ball
Eric Bledsoe
Ricky Rubio
Malik Beasley
Josh Okogie
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes
Cory Joseph
Nemanja Bjelica
Andre Drummond
JaVale McGee
Blake Griffin
Delon Wright
Wayne Ellington

I think Houston might become sellers given their recent nosedive in the standings. They're already clearly looking to trade Tucker, and trade/release Cousins. I'm sure Gordon and House are available for the right price. Also on the subject of Gordon I've noticed alot of bad faith/uneducated discussion surrounding his contract. So just to set the record straight (though this will likely be ignored anyway) he's got 3 more seasons after this one, BUT his finally year is highly unlikely to be guaranteed. How unlikely? 2023 non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed for All-Star team or 500 min (reg)/750 (reg/playoffs) + HOU Championship is the exact language. Is Eric Gordon going to hit those minutes qualifications? Maybe, not too crazy. Will he make an AS team in the next 2 years? Highly unlikely, but even if those happened he still needs Houston to win a title. That I can tell you is not going to happen. So going forward is there any chance we can all discuss his contract for the two years it ACTUALLY has left, and not the three people like to pretend it has so they can act like Houston needs to include some ridiculous amount of picks to dump it? Probably not, but I had to try.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,668

Post#10 » by penbeast0 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:15 am

In two weeks or less, you can add Davis Bertrans to that list.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:08 am

I dont consider Ball Beasley or Wright to be vets
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#12 » by TD2FutureStar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:18 am

No K-Low?
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#13 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:11 am

NYG wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:

Al Horford
Trevor Ariza
George Hill
J.J. Redick
Lonzo Ball
Eric Bledsoe
Ricky Rubio
Malik Beasley
Josh Okogie
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes
Cory Joseph
Nemanja Bjelica
Andre Drummond
JaVale McGee
Blake Griffin
Delon Wright
Wayne Ellington

Lonzo Ball
Malik Beasley
Delon Wright
Josh Okogie
Harrison Barnes
Buddy Hield
Wayne Ellington
George Hill
Nemanja Bjelica
J.J. Redick
JaVale McGee
Trevor Ariza
Ricky Rubio
Andre Drummond
Eric Bledsoe
Cory Joseph
Blake Griffin
Al Horford

Do you think Hill gets a first?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
NYG
RealGM

Post#14 » by NYG » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
NYG wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:
Lonzo Ball
Malik Beasley
Delon Wright
Josh Okogie
Harrison Barnes
Buddy Hield
Wayne Ellington
George Hill
Nemanja Bjelica
J.J. Redick
JaVale McGee
Trevor Ariza
Ricky Rubio
Andre Drummond
Eric Bledsoe
Cory Joseph
Blake Griffin
Al Horford

Do you think Hill gets a first?

I think a late first if bad salary comes back, but there’s 2 problems

1. There isn’t that much bad salary on contending teams

2. Most contenders that could use Hill do not own their firsts

So with those 2 factors, he probably doesn’t net a first
NYG
RealGM

Post#15 » by NYG » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:No K-Low?

Would Toronto deal him?
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Post#16 » by Laimbeer » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:42 am

Plumlee. I'd add Grant but I doubt they're looking to move him.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#17 » by TD2FutureStar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:45 pm

NYG wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:No K-Low?

Would Toronto deal him?

They should, but I don't know if they will. The Raptors have made the least amount of trades than any team in the league the past couple seasons.

Return to Trades and Transactions