Billy Donovan Says Zach LaVine Is 'Deserving Of Being An All-Star'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Billy Donovan Says Zach LaVine Is 'Deserving Of Being An All-Star' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Billy Donovan vouched for Zach LaVine to make the All-Star reserves following the Chicago Bulls' 122-114 win over the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night.

LaVine scored 38 points on 15-of-20 shooting. He is currently averaging 28.9 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 5.1 assists on the season. 

"When you look at players that are All-Stars, you are saying they are playing at a high level individually and they are also raising the level of the team. I think Zach has done that," said Donovan after the game.

The All-Star reserves, voted on by coaches, are announced on Tuesday.

LaVine attributed his improvements to being more aware on the court, especially on the defensive end.

"I’m just working. I’ve gotten a lot better with it, especially just awareness. I’ve always been able to guard the ball. Athletically, I don’t feel like it’s a lot of guys who are more athletic than me that’s going to beat me off the dribble. But just being locked into coverages, watching film and knowing what the other team is going to do and the player that you’re guarding, try to take away what they do well.

"You’re not always going to be good at it, or it’s not always going to work. But at least just try to make him do something that he’s not good at."

Via K.C. Johnson/NBC Sports Chicago

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Re: Billy Donovan Says Zach LaVine Is 'Deserving Of Being An All-Star' 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Surprising statement coming from his coach.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#3 » by luss54321 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm

If the Bulls were a little better, Lavine would be in the MVP conversation.

Zach Lavine is the ONLY player in the NBA right now averaging 28, 5, and 5 on 50% FG and 40% 3PT.

He's elevated his game to super star level, but most fans haven't caught on yet because the Bulls are 13-16 with almost no nationally televised games this year.
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#4 » by Theo Ratliff » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:11 am

luss54321 wrote:If the Bulls were a little better, Lavine would be in the MVP conversation.

Zach Lavine is the ONLY player in the NBA right now averaging 28, 5, and 5 on 50% FG and 40% 3PT.

He's elevated his game to super star level, but most fans haven't caught on yet because the Bulls are 13-16 with almost no nationally televised games this year.

LaVine a superstar lol.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#5 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:13 am

Theo Ratliff wrote:
luss54321 wrote:If the Bulls were a little better, Lavine would be in the MVP conversation.

LaVine a superstar lol.

Hes playing at extremely high level. He's better then jaylen brown and Middleton
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,163

Post#6 » by Revived » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:05 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
Theo Ratliff wrote:

LaVine a superstar lol.

Both those guys play elite level defense.

Hes playing at extremely high level. He's better then jaylen brown and Middleton

Both those guys play elite level defense.

Return to Wiretap Discussion