Can we stop with the narrative that Lebron's Lakers are a superteam?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Re: Can we stop with the narrative that Lebron's Lakers are a superteam? 

Post#61 » by killmongrel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:12 am

blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:
Ever heard of the exception to the rule? Limits in math? Just because there's an exception doesn't make the rule wrong. Congrats though young blood, you must be patting yourself on the back. Btw, Jason Terry in my book was a star.

You said this iteration of LBJ was the GOAT. If he isn't then what validity is there to your argument? There have been tons of teams in the past with two superstars. The Thunder for instance.
You seem so butthurt that I refuted your claim. And yes, of course Jason Terry was a star. Right. Hehe.

Also, I didn't say this version of LBJ is as good as his younger self. Just saying that playing the 36 year old angle is kind of weak when he was/is leading the MVP race in a lot of people's opinions.

And if people want to make the argument that Thunder team was a super team, let them. I'd love to hear why. All I'm arguing is that this Lakers team is.

Am I butthurt or are you just wanting to believe I am to make you feel good about yourself? How old are you, 20?

You don't get it. No one is saying the Thunder was a superteam, but according to your criteria, you should be.
You seem butthurt. You may not be. But you seem to be.

Again, I'm not saying there is a criteria. How many times do I have to say this? The reason I'm arguing that this Lakers team is a super team is because they have two super stars and a roster full of good role players, a 6th man winner, a pg multiple teams were vying for, a player who was a starter on one of the best teams in the league last season, and other factors. All of these make for a good argument that this Lakers team is a super team.
blackstar
Rookie
And1: 239

Post#62 » by blackstar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:15 am

killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote: You seem so butthurt that I refuted your claim. And yes, of course Jason Terry was a star. Right. Hehe.

Also, I didn't say this version of LBJ is as good as his younger self. Just saying that playing the 36 year old angle is kind of weak when he was/is leading the MVP race in a lot of people's opinions.

And if people want to make the argument that Thunder team was a super team, let them. I'd love to hear why. All I'm arguing is that this Lakers team is.

Am I butthurt or are you just wanting to believe I am to make you feel good about yourself? How old are you, 20?

You don't get it. No one is saying the Thunder was a superteam, but according to your criteria, you should be.

Again, I'm not saying there is a criteria. How many times do I have to say this? The reason I'm arguing that this Lakers team is a super team is because they have two super stars and a roster full of good role players, a 6th man winner, a pg multiple teams were vying for, a player who was a starter on one of the best teams in the league last season, and other factors. All of these make for a good argument that this Lakers team is a super team.

How you surmised that is beyond me. Again probably trying to make yourself feel better.

2 superstars and a roster full of good role players, hmm doesn't that sound like the Thunder to you?
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#63 » by killmongrel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 am

blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:

How you surmised that is beyond me. Again probably trying to make yourself feel better.

2 superstars and a roster full of good role players, hmm doesn't that sound like the Thunder to you?
Did I argue that the Thunder were not a super team? You can argue on their behalf if you want. I'm here to argue that this Lakers team is a super team.

And again, you're the one who made a claim. I refuted it. You're the one that got pissy about it. Don't get mad at me.
blackstar
Rookie

Post#64 » by blackstar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:20 am

killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote: You seem butthurt. You may not be. But you seem to be.

Did I argue that the Thunder were not a super team? You can argue on their behalf if you want. I'm here to argue that this Lakers team is a super team.

And again, you're the one who made a claim. I refuted it. You're the one that got pissy about it. Don't get mad at me.

So according to you the Thunder were a superteam. Hilarious.

You didn't refute anything. I didn't get pissy. End of story.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#65 » by killmongrel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:23 am

blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:

When did I say they're a super team? Argue on their behalf if you want. Again, I'm talking about this Lakers team. That Thunder team was great though. Just like that Rockets team. Super teams though? I don't know.

And yes I did refute it. You said: "Newsflash - you need 2 high level stars at least to win a title. That's the MINIMUM."

And I said: "2011 Mavs."

End of story.
blackstar
Rookie

Post#66 » by blackstar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:25 am

killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote: Did I argue that the Thunder were not a super team? You can argue on their behalf if you want. I'm here to argue that this Lakers team is a super team.

When did I say they're a super team? Argue on their behalf if you want. Again, I'm talking about this Lakers team. That Thunder team was great though. Just like that Rockets team. Super teams though? I don't know.

And yes I did refute it. You said: "Newsflash - you need 2 high level stars at least to win a title. That's the MINIMUM."

End of story.

Why would I argue their behalf when I'm not the one believing it?

You didn't refute anything.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#67 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:26 am

No because Lebron stans will use that narrative then to make case for Lebron being GOAT. He still playing with f MVP candidate and top 5 player on a league.

And seems now for Lebron stans he needs more help. How about some help in Chicago to Zach Lavine so he can make case for MVP instead being likely possibly not selected for All-Star game at all where his next best player is Thaddeus Young. Or how about some help to Lillard who is basically keeping Blazers 3 games away from Lakers with that roster.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#68 » by killmongrel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 am

blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:

End of story.

I didn't say I believe it either.

Again:

You: "Newsflash - you need 2 high level stars at least to win a title. That's the MINIMUM."

Me: "2011 Mavs."

Refuted. :lol:
blackstar
Rookie

Post#69 » by blackstar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:29 am

killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote: When did I say they're a super team? Argue on their behalf if you want. Again, I'm talking about this Lakers team. That Thunder team was great though. Just like that Rockets team. Super teams though? I don't know.

End of story.

Again:

You: "Newsflash - you need 2 high level stars at least to win a title. That's the MINIMUM."

You should, according to your criteria.

Ok kid, whatever you say. Laugh all you want if it makes you feel better.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#70 » by killmongrel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:32 am

blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:

Again:

I already said I don't have a criteria.

Again:

blackstar
Rookie

Post#71 » by blackstar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:35 am

killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote: I didn't say I believe it either.

Again:

Again:

You're just contradicting yourself left and right. I gave you too much credit by thinking you were 20, you've gotta be in high school.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#72 » by killmongrel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:40 am

blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:

Again:

You're just contradicting yourself left and right. I gave you too much credit by thinking you were 20, you've gotta be in high school.

Uh-huh. The "adult" on the other hand doesn't know what refute means. Here let me show you.

:lol:
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#73 » by svart » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 am

blackstar wrote:
svart wrote:
blackstar wrote:
Read my post again and try again.

You should read your own.

You are mumbling about a team missing one star player, but you forgot to mention Schroeder.

Make up your mind.

Read my second and third posts.

i don't care enough to do it.

change the first one and the title if you want to be taken seriously.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#74 » by JN61 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 am

All I remember is lebrick from the ft line and then lebricked it from 3 point line.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#75 » by svart » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:49 am

blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:

Again:

Oh, man, the logic and structurate thinking doesn't have any effect on you, is it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's my stop, have a nice thread.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#76 » by KGtabake » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:03 pm

There have been only 2 superteams in history.
LeBron's Heat and Steph's Warriors.
Because they had superstars(LeBron, Wade, Steph, KD) in their prime, along with some elite role players who had been stars in their previous teams(Bosh, Iguodala).

No other team in history was a superteam.

"Bronsexuals"(what a word lol) tried to say that the Bulls with MJ were a superteam, judging by the fact that now history has made Rodman right. At that time though, nobody was thinking like this. It's just that LeBron's fans felt the need to downgrade MJ and justify LeBron (when there is no need)

Under this route they described also the Rockets' trio of Olajuwon/drexler/Barkley as superteam, to downgrade past stars in MJ's era. That team was one step before collective retirement.

Celtics big3 was hailed as a superteam, until people realized that they were past their prime.

This Lakers team has LeBron and AD and some good role players (not elite). Not close to superteam.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
blackstar
Rookie

Post#77 » by blackstar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:31 pm

killmongrel wrote:
blackstar wrote:
killmongrel wrote: I already said I don't have a criteria.

Again:

Uh-huh. The "adult" on the other hand doesn't know what refute means. Here let me show you.

:lol:

Did you really post that 3 times?
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,770

Post#78 » by Karate Diop » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:37 pm

The days of LBJ being as impactful as two superstars may be over...
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#79 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 pm

I still dont know the definition of super team except it ties in to lebron.

If the 4th and 5th starters suck and the bench sucks, calling it a super "TEAM" is dumb af.

Lets just admit its a term to shade LeBron and move on with our lives.
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,034

Post#80 » by lamscott » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Which idiot said the Lakers were a Superteam? I don't remember anyone saying that.

Return to The General Board