ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - No Politics

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - No Politics 

Post#1241 » by Matches Malone » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Would you guys trade Middleton and Lopez for Porzingis and Hardaway?

Probably not. While Middleton can be inconsistent, I feel like Porzingis is also inconsistent with his play and has injury history on top of that. I'd listen to offers on Midds in the offseason though.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1242 » by emunney » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm

Unforgivable to make a fake trade with the Wolves where we don't get Nowell.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,397

Post#1243 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm

emunney wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:I mean, adding Tucker would give the Bucks another player who goes by his first two initials, the second being "J," so that's pretty cool.

But they're *not* his initials.

I have it on good authority that his name is "Peanut Jelly." Obviously, "Butter" is a glaring omission, but his parents felt that having a four-name child was as bit elitist.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#1244 » by JayMKE » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Not anywhere close to as high with Porzingis, i wouldn’t give up Middleton for him
FREE GIANNIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#1245 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:48 pm

3 years ago I thought Porzingis had as high a ceiling as any big in the league (KAT, AD, Giannis), but even outside of the injuries, I don't think there's a whole ton of untapped potential left there. I mean, a unicorn big with in-the-gym range is still pretty damn good, but there's some real deficiencies there (poor rebounding, defensive awareness, shot selection, efficiency) that seem like they're destined to prevent him from ever being a real superstar. Not sure I'd trade Middleton for him unless **** really hits the fan and we need a shakeup. Would trade Jrue in a heartbeat if they had interest though (would give them 2021 max cap space).
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#1246 » by Daver » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Rockets to release cousins who in bucks fandom says hell yea ill take him
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#1247 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Daver wrote:Rockets to release cousins who in bucks fandom says hell yea ill take him

No one who craves quality defense. The best thing that could happen for the Bucks is Cousins to the Lakers.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1248 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Dallas is 5 points worse when KP is on the floor because he tanks their defense. Stay away.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1249 » by WRau1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:51 pm

If DAL wanted to trade KP to us in a deal centered around Lopez, I'd be for that. Definitely not trading Middleton for him. KP & Burke for Lopez & filler + Merrill would be my limit.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#1250 » by JayMKE » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 pm

I’d take Cousins for cheap, he might not give you anything defensively but having him would mean Lopez would play less and potentially could be available. They probably could defend better too if they were just going all out less than 20 mins a night.
FREE GIANNIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1251 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Seems like people haven't watched enough of recent Boogie to know that he's actually a noticeably better defender now that he's accepted a lesser role and more willing to do the dirty work. He's always been a great rebounder and while the Achilles and ACL injuries have sapped a lot of his athleticism, he's still more mobile than a guy like Brook.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1252 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Seems like people haven't watched enough of recent Boogie to know that he's actually a noticeably better defender now that he's accepted a lesser role and more willing to do the dirty work. He's always been a great rebounder and while the Achilles and ACL injuries have sapped a lot of his athleticism, he's still more mobile than a guy like Brook.

He can't even get into a defensive stance, and the result is terrible defensive stats.

Brook, even now, is still considerably better.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#1253 » by skones » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Seems like people haven't watched enough of recent Boogie to know that he's actually a noticeably better defender now that he's accepted a lesser role and more willing to do the dirty work. He's always been a great rebounder and while the Achilles and ACL injuries have sapped a lot of his athleticism, he's still more mobile than a guy like Brook.

He can't even get into a defensive stance, and the result is terrible defensive stats.

20.41 DPS
+2.9 Defensive RAPTOR
.76 DRAPM
2.11 D-LEBRON
1.9 DBPM
1.5 PP100 better with Cousins on the floor

He doesn't have "terrible defensive stats." There is literally one catch all number that doesn't really like him and it's DRPM. This isn't the first time you've said something like this, given you were doing the same RE: Zubac last week. Do you just expect people to not check these things?
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 701

Post#1254 » by Rstuedes24 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Can we get anyone on a waiver with the $ we have left? From what I remember it would have to be the half season mark, or we would have to send salary out in a trade?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1255 » by raferfenix » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:48 pm

So Porzingis’ flaws rebounding and defensively would be offset playing next to Giannis.

Giannis not being a shooter wouldn’t matter as much too.

However the injury concerns are serious, particularly considering what Zinger is paid.

And then even if we could acquire him on the (relative) cheap I would fear that the Mavs’ front office would roll us somehow, regardless of whatever the final trade scenario would be.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1256 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 pm

skones wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

20.41 DPS
+2.9 Defensive RAPTOR
.76 DRAPM
2.11 D-LEBRON
1.9 DBPM

He doesn't have "terrible defensive stats." There is literally one catch all number that doesn't really like him and it's DRPM. This isn't the first time you've said something like this, given you were doing the same RE: Zubac last week. Do you just expect people to not check these things?

I expect people to use accurate stats. They're -2.4 PP100 with Cousins on the floor, and your other stats don't match the article I read in the Athletic yesterday either.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#1257 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:12 pm

Rockets were +1.5 points per-100 better on defense when he was out there, which is what we're talking about here. Defense.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#1258 » by skones » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:17 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
skones wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

20.41 DPS
+2.9 Defensive RAPTOR
.76 DRAPM
2.11 D-LEBRON
1.9 DBPM

I expect people to use accurate stats. They're -2.4 PP100 with Cousins on the floor, and your other stats don't match the article I read in the Athletic yesterday either.

Embarrassing for you. Telling other people to use "accurate stats" like that when you go ahead and use a number that doesn't even support your case, a number that factors in the Rockets being 4 PP100 worse on the offensive end because that makes COMPLETE sense. Instead of using, you know, the one where he actually makes the Houston defense 1.5 PP100 better, because it's the topic at hand.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#1259 » by Daver » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Doesnt matter fricking lequeen will get anyone he wants and he wants cousins
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#1260 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 pm

skones wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

20.41 DPS
+2.9 Defensive RAPTOR
.76 DRAPM
2.11 D-LEBRON
1.9 DBPM

What's his DORT?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks