ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#941 » by gswhoops » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Read on Twitter
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#942 » by donkeylips » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:05 pm

if it was a guarantee he would be healthy i would trade for him if it didnt cost much. but hes such an injury risk
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#943 » by tarantism » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:30 pm

Oubre/Wanamaker/Looney/Chriss/Mulder for Porzingis works in the trade machine.

I'd consider it.

Team becomes Curry/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis/Wiseman. That's a ton on length. Or we go Curry/Baze/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis and bring Wiseman off the bench.

Guarantee Nico and JTA, add a creator with the DPE and that's not a bad team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#944 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:12 pm

If the Mavs trade him I think they would want some talent coming back to them instead of a bunch of role players. It would still be a huge win for them though if they could get out from his contract with a bunch of expirings and would have a ton of capspace this off-season to sign guys like Lowry/DeRozan/Aldridge and possibly Kawhi.

Now that I think about it, maybe the Mavs see the writing on the wall and this guy's contract might end up being worse than Blake Griffin's with his injury history and nearly 4 years remaining. They could be willing to dump this guy for a bunch of expirings after all.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#945 » by GS Warriors 1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Porzingis remaining contract after this season: 31.65, 33.83, 36(PO).

No. Thanks.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,245

Post#946 » by xdrta+ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:39 pm

GS Warriors 1 wrote:Porzingis remaining contract after this season: 31.65, 33.83, 36(PO).

No. Thanks.

Exactly. Between his contract and injury history, IMO, a team would have to be pretty desperate to make a trade. Could easily be Blake 2.0.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#947 » by tarantism » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Whatever value he has, it wouldn't change much this offseason if we wanted to use him + the minny pick to go big game hunting.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#948 » by GS Warriors 1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:11 pm

tarantism wrote:Oubre/Wanamaker/Looney/Chriss/Mulder for Porzingis works in the trade machine.

I'd consider it.

Team becomes Curry/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis/Wiseman. That's a ton on length. Or we go Curry/Baze/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis and bring Wiseman off the bench.

The package would have been centered around Wiggins for Porzingis. That's the salary slot that has always been held for a "star" trade. It's still no different.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#949 » by kingcong95 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Re KP: No, no, no.

Wiggins is almost certainly going to have to be part of a deal, but the difference between the two (as assets) shouldn't be even close to Wiseman + Wolves pick. Even one of them might favor the Mavs too much. The reason is that Wiggins is durable, the one big knock against KP, while also having one year less on the contract. KP has more upside that he's shown before blowing out his knee, but also much more risk, which is probably why he's even available.

The other issue is, what role does KP see himself as? If the answer is a SG or SF, I suppose that could be workable on offense if Wiggins is gone. But on defense, no chance. He's not quick enough to guard those positions and that's a big reason we were able to drop 147 on them. And then we couldn't afford to part with Wiseman for him, which kills the deal from Dallas' perspective.

It's quite obvious that Dallas would call us first regarding this kind of deal. Don't see this going anywhere at all unless they dramatically lower the asking price.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#950 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 pm

Whatever happened to that assault charge on KP?

That reason alone is enough for me to not want anything to do with him. Zero tolerance.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,244

Post#951 » by wco81 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:48 pm

They may need to attach picks to get rid of that contract.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#952 » by tarantism » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:50 pm

FNQ wrote:Whatever happened to that assault charge on KP?

That reason alone is enough for me to not want anything to do with him. Zero tolerance.
Didn't even know about that.

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#953 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 pm

tarantism wrote:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/03/31/potential-legal-action-kristaps-porzingis-face-rape-accusation

https://www.businessinsider.com/kristaps-porzingis-rape-allegation-details-report-2019-4

Yeah.. I'm sure it fizzled out based on how long its been and how it never really became a huge circus, but even the accusation at least gives me pause, even if I were interested in him as a player
kingcong95
Junior

Post#954 » by kingcong95 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 pm

FNQ wrote:
tarantism wrote:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/03/31/potential-legal-action-kristaps-porzingis-face-rape-accusation

https://www.businessinsider.com/kristaps-porzingis-rape-allegation-details-report-2019-4

Yeah.. I'm sure it fizzled out based on how long its been and how it never really became a huge circus, but even the accusation at least gives me pause, even if I were interested in him as a player

No word on this since then, the NBA didn't even take disciplinary action. My guess is that there were too many holes in the accuser's sotry, so it was determined to be a cash grab attempt and thrown out.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#955 » by tarantism » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 pm

FNQ wrote:
tarantism wrote:

Yeah thanks for the heads up.

kingcong95
Junior

Post#956 » by kingcong95 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 pm

kingcong95 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
tarantism wrote:Didn't even know about that.

No word on this since then, the NBA didn't even take disciplinary action. My guess is that there were too many holes in the accuser's story, so it was determined to be a cash grab attempt and thrown out.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#957 » by tarantism » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 pm

kingcong95 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

No word on this since then, the NBA didn't even take disciplinary action. My guess is that there were too many holes in the accuser's sotry, so it was determined to be a cash grab attempt and thrown out.
I mean, Tyreek Hill got off too and he's clearly a scumbag.

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#958 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 pm

kingcong95 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Could also have been settled out of court (most likely) and it was mostly a he said/she said type thing where there was no winning.

It doesnt mean I'd immediately blackball him, but considering we as fans dont know the details, I wouldn't be interested. And I'd probably be unhappy with the Warriors if they acquired him without addressing it
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#959 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:19 pm

Zinga intrigues me, but the price would be too rich.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#960 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm

tarantism wrote:Oubre/Wanamaker/Looney/Chriss/Mulder for Porzingis works in the trade machine.

I'd consider it.

That's a terrible team. Wiseman and Porzingis are both centers who have trouble switching out on the perimeter. Green is best at C in this point of his career, even if it's not sustainable for his long term health. I cannot understate how terrible of a fit Wiseman and Porzingis are together.

Return to Golden State Warriors