Kristaps Porzingis Is Indeed Available

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Re: Dallas Mavericks Quietly Gauging The Market For Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#121 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:15 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
urgal wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Image

Janis bout to request a trade

What's Dennis Smith up to these days?

Not sure but I know what Walt Perrin and his scouting staff is doing. Prepping for the loaded 2021 NBA draft:

11 Pelicans Jalen Johnson PF – Duke – HT: 6-8 – WT: 215 – WING: 6-10 1/2 – Fr – Johnson has left the Duke program to focus on getting healthy and training for the draft. This is a big disappointment, especially after he missed his senior year of high school. He’s a special talent but there are some orange flags starting to come up. Tobias Harris

#12 Knicks (from Mavs) James Bouknight SG – UConn – HT: 6-4 – WT: 175 – WING: NA – So – A long, wiry athlete with big time leaping ability and a good shooting touch. Has a sweet pull-up game. He’s back in action after missing a few weeks with an elbow injury. Derek Anderson

13 Kings Corey Kispert SF – Gonzaga – HT: 6-7 – WT: 220 – WING: NA – Sr – Lives behind the 3pt line and has a great shooting stroke and is rounding out the rest of his game. Martell Webster, Joe Harris

A Derek Anderson comp at #12 doesn’t exactly sound like a stacked draft... but surely the Mavs will be outside the top 15 picks by the end of the season anyway
FIRE JASON KIDD
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#122 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:16 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:some of you lucky the search function here doesn't work. :wink:

Otherwise we could play a fun game of This You? 8-)

So it does work again. 8-) I'm not actually going to post any takes because that's not cool, but I will say some of the biggest **** talkers itt might have declared without caveat that KP was a lock to have a better career than Dirk.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#123 » by Dave DaButcher » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:17 pm

NY2k1 wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:And Cuban told the Athletic that the reports are bull. But keep on giving trash reporters with BS sources their necessary clicks. Since they need clicks not to get laid off

I mean, it could be bull, but Mark Cuban isn't gonna confirm this even if true.

Is this the same Mark Cuban who encouraged Millennials to plow their rent money into GME at $300? Ah, but I digress.

Lost in this discussion is that the myriad red flags surrounding Porzingis before the Mavs traded for him and gave him the max concerned not just mounting injury risk, but also serious attitude issues. By the end of his run in New York, he had became a real problem child surrounded by bad people.

Many of us are thus not surprised to see so much promise gone. After all, if it walks like a brittle diva and talks like a brittle diva, it’s probably a brittle diva.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#124 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:17 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
urgal wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Not sure but I know what Walt Perrin and his scouting staff is doing. Prepping for the loaded 2021 NBA draft:

11 Pelicans Jalen Johnson PF – Duke – HT: 6-8 – WT: 215 – WING: 6-10 1/2 – Fr – Johnson has left the Duke program to focus on getting healthy and training for the draft. This is a big disappointment, especially after he missed his senior year of high school. He’s a special talent but there are some orange flags starting to come up. Tobias Harris

#12 Knicks (from Mavs) James Bouknight SG – UConn – HT: 6-4 – WT: 175 – WING: NA – So – A long, wiry athlete with big time leaping ability and a good shooting touch. Has a sweet pull-up game. He’s back in action after missing a few weeks with an elbow injury. Derek Anderson

13 Kings Corey Kispert SF – Gonzaga – HT: 6-7 – WT: 220 – WING: NA – Sr – Lives behind the 3pt line and has a great shooting stroke and is rounding out the rest of his game. Martell Webster, Joe Harris

You didn't nail one single one of your last 25 lottery picks (which is why you're still reliant on them). What makes you optimistic about this one?

But I'm rooting for you. I hope another Kevin Knox is in store for you.

Not worried about the Mavs pick. That’s just an asset. And we have seen wilder things happen, that pick can stay around 12 or even be lower in the lottery.

We may have not nailed our picks up until this past draft. There’s a new regime in town in case you had not noticed, and they aren’t here just for the paychecks.

Poor guy thinks KP is better than Randle and also thinks Quickley sucks. He went and bumped a old ass thread of Quickley and bashed him cause he’s so mad that everybody knows Porzingis is not that good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Post#125 » by urgal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:We may have not nailed our picks up until this past draft. There’s a new regime in town in case you had not noticed, and they aren’t here just for the paychecks.

I noticed when they selected Toppin (a soon to be 23 year old that doesn't really look good) way too high because of a personal relationship.

A lot of biases seem to have been involved with that pick and that's exactly NOT how you want your personnel to act from a managerial perspective.

So yeah doesn't really convince me.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#126 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:
urgal wrote:You didn't nail one single one of your last 25 lottery picks (which is why you're still reliant on them). What makes you optimistic about this one?

Not worried about the Mavs pick. That’s just an asset. And we have seen wilder things happen, that pick can stay around 12 or even be lower in the lottery.

We may have not nailed our picks up until this past draft. There’s a new regime in town in case you had not noticed, and they aren’t here just for the paychecks.

Poor guy thinks KP is better than Randle and also thinks Quickley sucks. He went and bumped a old ass thread of Quickley and bashed him cause he’s so mad that everybody knows Porzingis is not that good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Toppin looks like a solid NBA player. Most impressive is the rate in which he is learning the game. Those who watch Knicks games see that he was running at 100 mph his first 10/15 games. It’s slowed down for him and it’s a testament to those coaches who are around these guys everyday.

IQ is a different animal all together. He would easily go top 10 in a re-do, and I’m sure my more irrational Knick fans would argue top 5.

You are seeing the new front office having success at small increments. It’s only a matter of time before a super stud wants to find their way to NY.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#127 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:22 pm

urgal wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:We may have not nailed our picks up until this past draft. There’s a new regime in town in case you had not noticed, and they aren’t here just for the paychecks.

I noticed when they selected Toppin (a soon to be 23 year old that doesn't really look good) way too high because of a personal relationship.

A lot of biases seem to have been involved with that pick and that's exactly NOT how you want your personnel to act from a managerial perspective.

So yeah doesn't really convince me.

What’s the personal relationship that I’m missing?

The Knicks were in discussions the day of the draft to trade up with CLE at 5 to select Obi. They got their man and kept all assets. Because you watch all Knicks games so you’d know.

Read my post right above this^^

It actually takes some players alittle bit of time before they get a bit better and acclimated with the NBA. Not everyone is LUKA.
urgal
Rookie

Post#128 » by urgal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:25 pm

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:What’s the personal relationship that I’m missing?

Leon Roses son reps Toppin, you know now why they selected him?
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#129 » by dakomish23 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:25 pm

urgal wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Not sure but I know what Walt Perrin and his scouting staff is doing. Prepping for the loaded 2021 NBA draft:

You didn't nail one single one of your last 25 lottery picks (which is why you're still reliant on them). What makes you optimistic about this one?

This is a thread about a guy drafted with one of those lottery picks that your team eventually traded for. See the failed logic?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
urgal
Rookie

Post#130 » by urgal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 pm

dakomish23 wrote:This is a thread about a guy drafted with one of those lottery picks that your team eventually traded for. See the failed logic?

I see the failed logic that you're bashing your own lottery selection while simultanously arguing in favor of needing even more picks even though you apparently can't nail them.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,171

Post#131 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:Indiana feels like a fit

They already have two centers who are playing really well.

Seems like Myles is always being tossed in trade rumors though. Turner and McDermott for KP works in the trade machine and it solves both of Dallas’ biggest weaknesses - 3 point shooting and rebounding

There is no way KP nets you Turner.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,190

Post#132 » by gavran » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:30 pm

urgal wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Image

Janis bout to request a trade

What's Dennis Smith up to these days?

Ask Pistons fans.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#133 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
They already have two centers who are playing really well.

Seems like Myles is always being tossed in trade rumors though. Turner and McDermott for KP works in the trade machine and it solves both of Dallas’ biggest weaknesses - 3 point shooting and rebounding

I thought the same thing about Gordon Hayward a few months ago, but then Indiana still wanted to do that. What’s the difference between Hayward and Porzingis?
FIRE JASON KIDD
advent11
Sophomore
And1: 249

Post#134 » by advent11 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Given the sourcing, this rumor is dubious. KP is scoring over 20 a game and is having the most efficient season in his career. You guys are down on him for no reason though I understand some of you have an agenda you need to push to try and justify past terrible decisions.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#135 » by dakomish23 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm

urgal wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:This is a thread about a guy drafted with one of those lottery picks that your team eventually traded for. See the failed logic?

I see the failed logic that you're bashing your own lottery selection while simultanously arguing in favor of needing even more picks even though you apparently can't nail them.

Show me bashing him. anywhere. Quite the opposite actually.

You got caught for your own failed logic. You could admit it or continue to deny it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#136 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:We'll give you Lowry for him.

Dallas gets: Lowry + Norm Powell
Toronto gets: Zinger + (one of Dwight Powell, Richardson, Johnson or Kleber) OR (DFS+Burke)

We'll add Baynes + a 2nd and you send us Kleber + DFS to this. Deal.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#137 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:some of you lucky the search function here doesn't work. :wink:

Otherwise we could play a fun game of This You? 8-)

So it does work again. 8-) I'm not actually going to post any takes because that's not cool, but I will say some of the biggest **** talkers itt might have declared without caveat that KP was a lock to have a better career than Dirk.

Yikes. Ours, yours, or both?

If he can distance himself from the injury turnstile, he can likely still be a good player for y'all... but that was the biggest concern.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#138 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

I thought the same thing about Gordon Hayward a few months ago, but then Indiana still wanted to do that. What’s the difference between Hayward and Porzingis?

Hayward gives you solid all-around play, and despite all of his injuries the last few years, is still more dependable when it comes to availability.

Anyway, I don't buy that Turner for Hayward rumour.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#139 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

urgal wrote:You didn't nail one single one of your last 25 lottery picks.

Ha! If this guy knew what he was talking about he'd know we only had like 10 of those.

Spoiler:
Also love the implied self-diss since KP was one of those.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#140 » by Zenzibar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

urgal wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:We did hit it right on Porzingis, oh, wait nevermind.

Thanks for agreeing with me then. Again don't really know why you're looking forward to the draft then but whatever.

Was being facetious. We actually hit it right for about 3 years, then it was offered to you guys for some long shots and #1 picks.

2021 is a loaded draft so it's nice to have an extra pick while still contending for a playoff spot. We're grateful for the little things. :wink:

Return to The General Board