Kristaps Porzingis Is Indeed Available

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Re: Dallas Mavericks Quietly Gauging The Market For Kristaps Porzingis 

Post#161 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:27 pm

The good thing here is that the team that would norrmally trade for this guy-

they are the ones that smartly dumped him on Dallas!

Porzingas for Blake Griffin DOES work in the trade machine.....
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#162 » by RaptorPride » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:We Knicks fans warned you, because we were watching the games, while other fanbases were actually buying the hype and used it to pile on the Knicks... the irony.

Big facts.

you guys give yourself too much credit, no one knew Porzingis would turn into such a stiff, he was one of the most promising defenders in the league.

No I remember them going in on him and especially his health concerns and his workouts being horrible and I think how his form was contributing to his injuries and no one was fixing it

this might be the video

but I know for sure they were talking about it alot
Spoiler:

ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,664

Post#163 » by ChuckChilly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:39 pm

I'd trade him in a heart beat. He's never going to be consistently healthy. And because of his health issues it's going to cause him play more and more soft when he gets back on the court. Soon you'll wind up with a 7'4 Luke Kennard.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,915

Post#164 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:41 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Capn'O wrote:If he can stay healthy, I think the disappointment for what he can't be should start to fade.

I'm trying to get here, but I'll admit I haven't been able to yet. The reality is, if he can stay on the court he is a quite valuable offensive piece. Especially in a Luka-centric offense where his spacing helps Luka get in the paint where his finishing/vision make him so valuable. He's not actually a great shooter, but his willingness to fire away definitely opens things up.

But the idea of him being a plus defender plus a stretch 5 was so enticing. If he can't get to being at least neutral defensively again it's going to be hard for me to accept what he is.

Hey, look at Mike Conley this year.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#165 » by RaptorPride » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:42 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:We'll give you Lowry for him.

Dallas gets: Lowry + Norm Powell
Toronto gets: Zinger + (one of Dwight Powell, Richardson, Johnson or Kleber) OR (DFS+Burke)

Probably wouldn't include Norman Powell in the deal. He's been too important for us and someone I'd like to keep as part of our core.

no way its Norm and Lowry
Just Lowry
Spoiler:

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#166 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm

There's no point trading him now, his value couldn't be lower and any potential suitor would be EXTREMELY suspicious given the circumstances.
It has negative value, better to invest on recovering him and then decide how to proceed.

Wait, sorry, I forgot I am in a board where the consensus was that the Thunder should have bought out Chris Paul.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#167 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Seems like Myles is always being tossed in trade rumors though. Turner and McDermott for KP works in the trade machine and it solves both of Dallas’ biggest weaknesses - 3 point shooting and rebounding

There is no way KP nets you Turner.

said nobody ever

Are you saying that KP is worth Myles Turner?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#168 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:11 pm

Read on Twitter

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#169 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 pm

I wouldn’t trade a first round pick for the guy. He’s a shell of his former Knick self I’ve said that many times and it’s hurt some people’s feeling here but it’s true. Unfortunately I think his best days and far and away behind him, the Mavs really botched this puppy.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,600

Post#170 » by Swish1906 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 pm

He never followed the team Account. He follows Cuban and all the other Mavs player. Takes 2 brain cells that he wouldnt unfollow the team account because of sulking/incoming trade blabla but not unfollow the guy who actually pulls the trigger on any trade. Lmao

Nice crappy and wrong take from yet another Knicks twitter clown account.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#171 » by SeattleJazzFan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 pm

if KP would focus on just being a stretch 5 - meaning he protects the rim on defense (which he's always been pretty good at) - and just shoots open threes (mostly from the corner) and rim runs when asked to, he could be incredibly valuable. otherwise i wouldn't want anything to do with him.

tl;dr - his role needs to be more like Myles Turner.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#172 » by Big J » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:32 pm

KP and a 1st rounder for Draymond. Who says no?
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#173 » by Kurtz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:if KP would focus on just being a stretch 5 - meaning he protects the rim on defense (which he's always been pretty good at) - and just shoots open threes (mostly from the corner) and rim runs when asked to, he could be incredibly valuable. otherwise i wouldn't want anything to do with him.

So Brook Lopez but at 3x the salary? I don't know if that's good value.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,837

Post#174 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 pm

It’ll be hilarious when the Mavs miss the playoffs and their pick jumps up in the lottery. You know it’s going to happen
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#175 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:46 pm

Kurtz wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:if KP would focus on just being a stretch 5 - meaning he protects the rim on defense (which he's always been pretty good at) - and just shoots open threes (mostly from the corner) and rim runs when asked to, he could be incredibly valuable. otherwise i wouldn't want anything to do with him.

So Brook Lopez but at 3x the salary? I don't know if that's good value.

Value feels pretty well shot at this point. I'd absolutely settle for utility.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#176 » by Zenzibar » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:46 pm

Swish1906 wrote:He never followed the team Account. He follows Cuban and all the other Mavs player. Takes 2 brain cells that he wouldnt unfollow the team account because of sulking/incoming trade blabla but not unfollow the guy who actually pulls the trigger on any trade. Lmao

You're right. These Knicks' fans are all morons.. :D
Stop All Genocides
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#177 » by jpengland » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:48 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I wouldn’t trade a first round pick for the guy. He’s a shell of his former Knick self I’ve said that many times and it’s hurt some people’s feeling here but it’s true. Unfortunately I think his best days and far and away behind him, the Mavs really botched this puppy.

He was fantastic just a few months ago in the bubble.

He then has been playing his way back into shape this year and his offense has been getting right back to its best. The issue so far this season has been his defense, but he has a history of being a top 5 rim protector in the league. Heck he was even a good rebounder last season.

People are down on him at the moment, but a healthy KP is a fantastic player. The health concerns are real, but let's not pretend he isn't a very, very good player.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#178 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:53 pm

jpengland wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I wouldn’t trade a first round pick for the guy. He’s a shell of his former Knick self I’ve said that many times and it’s hurt some people’s feeling here but it’s true. Unfortunately I think his best days and far and away behind him, the Mavs really botched this puppy.

He was fantastic just a few months ago in the bubble.

He then has been playing his way back into shape this year and his offense has been getting right back to its best. The issue so far this season has been his defense, but he has a history of being a top 5 rim protector in the league. Heck he was even a good rebounder last season.

People are down on him at the moment, but a healthy KP is a fantastic player. The health concerns are real, but let's not pretend he isn't a very, very good player.

The best ability is availability. He can be as good as Michael Jordan, if he can’t get and consistently stay on the court it won’t matter.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,758

Post#179 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:57 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
The best ability is availability. He can be as good as Michael Jordan, if he can’t get and consistently stay on the court it won’t matter.

If he's as good as Jordan I'm totally cool with him playing 40-60% of the games and hoping he's healthy for the playoffs enough times.

The issue is right now he's one of the worst defensive players in the league and he plays the most important defensive position. If that doesn't improve it won't matter if he plays because they can't win consistently like that.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,395

Post#180 » by gottamakeit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:He never followed the team Account. He follows Cuban and all the other Mavs player. Takes 2 brain cells that he wouldnt unfollow the team account because of sulking/incoming trade blabla but not unfollow the guy who actually pulls the trigger on any trade. Lmao

You're right. These Knicks' fans are all morons.. :D

Mavs fans are no different, we're all morons.
Texas Chuck, he isn't a moron, which means he's probably not a Mavs fan ;)
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it

Return to The General Board