ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#961 » by ahmetmekin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:06 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
tarantism wrote:Oubre/Wanamaker/Looney/Chriss/Mulder for Porzingis works in the trade machine.

I'd consider it.

Team becomes Curry/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis/Wiseman. That's a ton on length. Or we go Curry/Baze/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis and bring Wiseman off the bench.

Guarantee Nico and JTA, add a creator with the DPE and that's not a bad team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

That's a terrible team. Wiseman and Porzingis are both centers who have trouble switching out on the perimeter. Green is best at C in this point of his career, even if it's not sustainable for his long term health. I cannot understate how terrible of a fit Wiseman and Porzingis are together.

This idea makes some sense if there is a 3rd team involved that wants to acquire Porzingis and sends us players we would prefer in return.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#962 » by Big J » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm

I'd do Draymond for Zinger if they threw in a 1st rounder. Definitely would have to consult with Curry beforehand though because I wouldn't want to piss him off.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#963 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:39 pm

Big J wrote:I'd do Draymond for Zinger if they threw in a 1st rounder. Definitely would have to consult with Curry beforehand though because I wouldn't want to piss him off.

So we get rid of our best defensive player, and get a 7' stiff that shoots 3s, as long as they throw in a 1st?

We just watched how stiff and limited KP is.. why would we want to get in the KP business?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#964 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:40 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
tarantism wrote:Oubre/Wanamaker/Looney/Chriss/Mulder for Porzingis works in the trade machine.

I'd consider it.

Team becomes Curry/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis/Wiseman. That's a ton on length. Or we go Curry/Baze/Wiggins/Green/Porzingis and bring Wiseman off the bench.

Guarantee Nico and JTA, add a creator with the DPE and that's not a bad team.

That's a terrible team. Wiseman and Porzingis are both centers who have trouble switching out on the perimeter. Green is best at C in this point of his career, even if it's not sustainable for his long term health. I cannot understate how terrible of a fit Wiseman and Porzingis are together.

This idea makes some sense if there is a 3rd team involved that wants to acquire Porzingis and sends us players we would prefer in return.

Yup - the only reason we should be in on KP is if someone else wants him more, but doesnt have the assets Dallas wants, and the assets from this 3rd mystery team are > our current assets.

Or in short... a snowball's chance in hell
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#965 » by ahmetmekin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:47 pm

FNQ wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Yup - the only reason we should be in on KP is if someone else wants him more, but doesnt have the assets Dallas wants, and the assets from this 3rd mystery team are > our current assets.

Oubre, Chriss, Wanamaker are expiring and Looney has 1 year left. Mavs clear cap space. Team 3 is an east team that wants to gamble on the upside of Porzingis. Something like that.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#966 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:
FNQ wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:This idea makes some sense if there is a 3rd team involved that wants to acquire Porzingis and sends us players we would prefer in return.

Oubre, Chriss, Wanamaker are expiring and Looney has 1 year left. Mavs clear cap space. Team 3 is an east team that wants to gamble on the upside of Porzingis. Something like that.

My thoughts are.. a team that wants to gamble on KP probably isnt doing too well in the assets department in the first place.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#967 » by tarantism » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 pm

FNQ wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:
FNQ wrote:

My thoughts are.. a team that wants to gamble on KP probably isnt doing too well in the assets department in the first place.
Maybe the Wiz go for him in a last ditch effort to make the PO and keep Beal happy? I dunno.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#968 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:36 pm

Kristaps is damaged goods. They stuck with him
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#969 » by wco81 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:46 pm

Draymond is aging and still making dumb plays.

Not saying GSW should trade him for KP but lets not pretend like he's some great prize. In fact Warriors may not mind dumping his contract.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#970 » by xdrta+ » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:30 pm

wco81 wrote:Draymond is aging and still making dumb plays.

Not saying GSW should trade him for KP but lets not pretend like he's some great prize. In fact Warriors may not mind dumping his contract.

Why would the Mavs be happy to get Draymond?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#971 » by wco81 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:59 pm

I didn't say they'd be happy or necessarily propose such a trade but someone else brought it up.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#972 » by xdrta+ » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 am

wco81 wrote:I didn't say they'd be happy or necessarily propose such a trade but someone else brought it up.

You're right, I didn't actually mean you, I just think the market for Draymond is so limited as to be just about non-existent.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#973 » by FNQ » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:50 am

wco81 wrote:Draymond is aging and still making dumb plays.

lol
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#974 » by cdubbz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:57 am

Knicks recieve: Poole & Smiley
Warriors recieve: Austin Rivers
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#975 » by tarantism » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:05 am

cdubbz wrote:Knicks recieve: Poole & Smiley
Warriors recieve: Austin Rivers
Wtf no.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#976 » by Commodor » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:45 am

xdrta+ wrote:
wco81 wrote:I didn't say they'd be happy or necessarily propose such a trade but someone else brought it up.

You're right, I didn't actually mean you, I just think the market for Draymond is so limited as to be just about non-existent.

Literally a little over a month ago Lillard was requesting Portland to trade for Draymond.

The Heat were fairly open about inquiring for him last trade deadline.

He clearly has a market.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#977 » by whocurrz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 pm

With Quickley having a strong rookie showing, the addition of Rose and Thibs liking Payton, I think Austin Rivers is on the outs in NY. 2 years at 10 million per after this year isn’t ideal but he’s a combo guard who defends hard and shoots 36% from deep and much better than Wanamaker. He could be useful for our rotation and a 10 million contract that’s a rotation level guard if we don’t keep him for the whole duration of his contract.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#978 » by kingcong95 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:36 pm

Rivers only makes 3M per year, 10M total. The third year isn't even guaranteed. I agree he'd be an upgrade if Wanamaker doesnt' bust out of his shooting slump, but he isn't very popular in this forum for some reason.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#979 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:39 pm

Commodor wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Literally a little over a month ago Lillard was requesting Portland to trade for Draymond.

The Heat were fairly open about inquiring for him last trade deadline.

He clearly has a market.

I could actually see Draymond being a really good fit on both the Blazers and Heat.

For the Blazers, they have been lacking in defense and need a guy like Draymond to lead the defense and allow Lilliard to play off-ball like Steph. For the Heat, they actually need a really good PF and have Precious there now, but Draymond would be a huge upgrade. Not to mention, a trio of Butler/Dray/Bam would be amazing defensively especially with Spo coaching them.

Draymond is such a unique player. As a PF/C you would like him to see him crash the boards a little more on offense, but that would only detract from what he is great at, which is being a secondary ball-handler and primary playmaker for this team. As long as we have Klay as Curry's backcourt mate we essentially need Draymond because we have no other player that we can run the offense through to allow Curry to play off-ball and take advantage of his gravity to find other guys cutting to the basket.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#980 » by xdrta+ » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:41 pm

kingcong95 wrote:Rivers only makes 3M per year, 10M total. The third year isn't even guaranteed. I agree he'd be an upgrade if Wanamaker doesnt' bust out of his shooting slump, but he isn't very popular in this forum for some reason.

Heck, next year isn't even guaranteed for Rivers.

Return to Golden State Warriors