Best offer for Collin Sexton or Darius Garland

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,731

Re: Best offer for Collin Sexton or Darius Garland 

Post#61 » by DowJones » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:35 pm

cgf wrote:I would love Garland in New York but dunno what we have that would be enticing to the Cavs & make sense to give up for us. We could offer both mavs picks & Knox/Ntilikina, but I suspect that that would get bested by other teams after the progress DG has shown this season. While adding Barrett, Robinson or Quickley to those picks would make it too rich for us; as they are the core that we would want him to join...and I know Cavs fans have previously expressed that a 4 isn't interesting them; which takes Toppin & Randle off the table as well.

Sexton could be interesting as the Murray to Julius' Jokic, too...especially if RJ's playmaking becomes a bigger part of the offense moving forward...but we run into that same problem of finding a price that makes sense for both sides.

Garland for a Dallas first rounder and a top-3 protected 2022 pick that becomes unprotected in 2023 makes sense. The Knicks get a talented young PG and the Cavs gamble on a pair of draft picks.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,066

Post#62 » by tidho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:28 pm

DowJones wrote:
cgf wrote:I would love Garland in New York but dunno what we have that would be enticing to the Cavs & make sense to give up for us. We could offer both mavs picks & Knox/Ntilikina, but I suspect that that would get bested by other teams after the progress DG has shown this season. While adding Barrett, Robinson or Quickley to those picks would make it too rich for us; as they are the core that we would want him to join...and I know Cavs fans have previously expressed that a 4 isn't interesting them; which takes Toppin & Randle off the table as well.

Sexton could be interesting as the Murray to Julius' Jokic, too...especially if RJ's playmaking becomes a bigger part of the offense moving forward...but we run into that same problem of finding a price that makes sense for both sides.

Garland for a Dallas first rounder and a top-3 protected 2022 pick that becomes unprotected in 2023 makes sense. The Knicks get a talented young PG and the Cavs gamble on a pair of draft picks.

I think there are CLE fans that would be open to Toppin. There's enough minutes even with a healthy Love (who should be a reduced minutes guy any way), with Toppin essentially becoming the 3rd big behind Allen and Love. Nance can play some SF too.

Just talking picks though, i don't know if Garland gets you two 1sts even if one of them is a mid round Dallas pick. If that's the NYK '22 with top 3 protection, unprotected in '23 - seems like pretty close to his value alone. Not that like the idea of potentially waiting two years to really see the value from trading him.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#63 » by Stillwater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 pm

tidho wrote:
DowJones wrote:

I think there are CLE fans that would be open to Toppin. There's enough minutes even with a healthy Love (who should be a reduced minutes guy any way), with Toppin essentially becoming the 3rd big behind Allen and Love. Nance can play some SF too.

Just talking picks though, i don't know if Garland gets you two 1sts even if one of them is a mid round Dallas pick. If that's the NYK '22 with top 3 protection, unprotected in '23 - seems like pretty close to his value alone. Not that like the idea of potentially waiting two years to really see the value from trading him.

Dont see NYK having interest given IQ has been rock solid so far and wasnt even supposed to be the playmaker he has shown to be.
But if they do I want Rivers coming back to CLE with Bullocks expiring and NYK rights to the DET 21 2nd or I am bringing DG off the bench if he gets pushed there to close out his rookie deal
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#64 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:13 pm

Stillwater wrote:
tidho wrote:
DowJones wrote:

Dont see NYK having interest given IQ has been rock solid so far and wasnt even supposed to be the playmaker he has shown to be.
But if they do I want Rivers coming back to CLE with Bullocks expiring and NYK rights to the DET 21 2nd or I am bringing DG off the bench if he gets pushed there to close out his rookie deal
I promise you that there are teams in the NBA who would trade more for Garland than Sexton. The idea that the Cavs would send him out for a second and a journeyman, so they could clear the way for Sexton to go back to being the primary ball handler with all that entailed, is just ridiculous. No professional F.O. thinks like that and you're not going to speak it into existence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#65 » by Stillwater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:46 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
tidho wrote:

I promise you that there are teams in the NBA who would trade more for Garland than Sexton. The idea that the Cavs would send him out for a second and a journeyman, so they could clear the way for Sexton to go back to being the primary ball handler with all that entailed, is just ridiculous. No professional F.O. thinks like that and you're not going to speak it into existence.

no no there are not...imo DG aint worth much of anything besides a high second and salary filler
Even if it meant opening up the position for Cade next summer? I dont think you understand this roster is not going to succeed with little mice like darius as a starter no matter how much you try to talk it into existence
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#66 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:57 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Dont see NYK having interest given IQ has been rock solid so far and wasnt even supposed to be the playmaker he has shown to be.

no no there are not...imo DG aint worth much of anything besides a high second and salary filler
Even if it meant opening up the position for Cade next summer? I dont think you understand this roster is not going to succeed with little mice like darius as a starter no matter how much you try to talk it into existence
And it's been so successful without him...

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,903

Post#67 » by cgf » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:03 am

Stillwater wrote:
tidho wrote:
DowJones wrote:

Hard not to be excited by IQ, but a) we dunno if he's ever going to be starting caliber or if he'll max out as a bench sharpshooter, and b) IQ is playing next to Rose right now, as he has the length to defend up & the shot to play off-ball, so he could play next to Garland and be a much better fit than Sexton, if we did make a move for DG in the offseason.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
CallMeKahn
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#68 » by CallMeKahn » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:49 pm

No! Sexland has the greatest marketing potential of any backcourt in the league today!

Sexland!
daoneandonly wrote:Utah doesnt have anyhting close value wise to get Dallas to even pick up the phone

Said in reference to Utah's trade assets in a potential Doncic deal.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#69 » by Stillwater » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:22 pm

CallMeKahn wrote:No! Sexland has the greatest marketing potential of any backcourt in the league today!

Sexland!

they are hot and cold . last night they were decent together and then they were bad together then they were decent together. DG is still making a lot of rookie type mistakes but the Cavs are more than willing to give him time on the court so I think the odds either are moved is slim tbh.
CallMeKahn
Starter
And1: 1,682

Post#70 » by CallMeKahn » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:38 am

Stillwater wrote:
CallMeKahn wrote:No! Sexland has the greatest marketing potential of any backcourt in the league today!

Sexland!

they are hot and cold . last night they were decent together and then they were bad together then they were decent together. DG is still making a lot of rookie type mistakes but the Cavs are more than willing to give him time on the court so I think the odds either are moved is slim tbh.

Shush with your sound logic and perfect reasoning, sir.

Sexland!!! :lol:
daoneandonly wrote:Utah doesnt have anyhting close value wise to get Dallas to even pick up the phone

Said in reference to Utah's trade assets in a potential Doncic deal.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#71 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:41 am

CallMeKahn wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Sexland!

Shush with your sound logic and perfect reasoning, sir.

Sexland!!! :lol:

I feel like I am talking to this guy lol

Return to Trades and Transactions