Oladipo Bull

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Winner of trade

Bulls
33%
Rockets
67%

Total votes: 9

DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Oladipo Bull 

Post#1 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 am

Oladipo, Tucker, Cousins for OPJ, White

Rockets get their future sg White and owner save money.
Bulls go semi all in for a deep playoff run in attempt to get 3rd star by acquiring 3 veterans and also convince them to stay.

Lineup

Oladipo/Sato
Lavine/Temple
Williams/Young
Lauri/Tucker
Carter/Cousins
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Kazuya10
Bench Warmer
And1: 87

Re: Oladipo Bull 

Post#2 » by Kazuya10 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 am

It would havenl to be dependent on VO resigning otherwise its a massive overpay. And from what I've seen of him this year I wouldn't max him. Id near do it but not the whole hog.

Sent from my SM-G986B using RealGM mobile app
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#3 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:53 am

Bulls can outright sign Oladipo in FA. Giving up any assets specially former lottery pick still under rookie deal is bad move. Unless they want OPJ outright but that's another pair of sleeves.

That's not really fair value deal but resigning OPJ is costing less than resigning Oladipo who you know he is likely leaving anyway. Rockets still get worse to get into better draft position because OPJ is out. Bulls do it because they have nothing to lose than gamble and they likely aint extending OPJ at all.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#4 » by ChettheJet » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm

If Oladipo was rumored to be searching for a new team and the Bulls were on the list then maybe but all anyone says is he's aiming for MIA, so why get him for half of a shortened season and give up White in the process? It's not Oladipo is going to be the difference and star in a parade in Grant park. Add to that HOU just cut Cousins and he isn't longing for Chicago either
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm

ChettheJet wrote:If Oladipo was rumored to be searching for a new team and the Bulls were on the list then maybe but all anyone says is he's aiming for MIA, so why get him for half of a shortened season and give up White in the process? It's not Oladipo is going to be the difference and star in a parade in Grant park. Add to that HOU just cut Cousins and he isn't longing for Chicago either

Oladipo and his wanna go list is old news. I am not sure he would today say MIA is still his preferable destination. Maybe it is but situation is certainly different than it was few months ago. MIA is in different place too and given riddled injury season Oladipo had you wonder his request list might got even shorter. So I take those rumours with grain of salt.

Either way if Bulls wanted Dipo they could arrange something now. But that's only if Oladipo hints he is willing to sign extension without hitting FA. And given season he had I am sure his priority changed from dream land Miami to getting best deal in FA. I wish we could get him on rental straight for OPJ to see if he can fit but giving up assets is no no. But this depends on Rockets and if Bulls even want him at all.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:If Oladipo was rumored to be searching for a new team and the Bulls were on the list then maybe but all anyone says is he's aiming for MIA, so why get him for half of a shortened season and give up White in the process? It's not Oladipo is going to be the difference and star in a parade in Grant park. Add to that HOU just cut Cousins and he isn't longing for Chicago either

Oladipo and his wanna go list is old news. I am not sure he would today say MIA is still his preferable destination. Maybe it is but situation is certainly different than it was few months ago. MIA is in different place too and given riddled injury season Oladipo had you wonder his request list might got even shorter. So I take those rumours with grain of salt.

Either way if Bulls wanted Dipo they could arrange something now. But that's only if Oladipo hints he is willing to sign extension without hitting FA. And given season he had I am sure his priority changed from dream land Miami to getting best deal in FA. I wish we could get him on rental straight for OPJ to see if he can fit but giving up assets is no no. But this depends on Rockets and if Bulls even want him at all.

He legally cannot sign an extension at this point, especially if he's traded again. An extension eligible player (like Oladipo was) cannot be extended for 6 months following a trade. That would run into free agency at this point. Oladipo WILL be a free agent, no matter what, at this point.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:

He legally cannot sign an extension at this point, especially if he's traded again. An extension eligible player (like Oladipo was) cannot be extended for 6 months following a trade. That would run into free agency at this point. Oladipo WILL be a free agent, no matter what, at this point.

At this level of business people talk and define deals long before actual contract are signed. It's called tampering. You trade for him with that knowledge. Hence why only Otto P Jr. suggestion. But yeah Oladipo wants to test FA fully and hence why Rockets are unsuccessful trading him at all even though he will leave for nothing. And other teams know that because they arethrough background channels informed of situation.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#8 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:32 pm

I’ve been stomping my feet for a Oladipo/Wood package, but I doubt the Rockets move Wood.

If the Bulls make some noise in the playoffs, they could convince Dipo to sign in the offseason without costing them an asset. IMO, that’s the route the new FO will take.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:40 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:

At this level of business people talk and define deals long before actual contract are signed. It's called tampering. You trade for him with that knowledge. Hence why only Otto P Jr. suggestion. But yeah Oladipo wants to test FA fully and hence why Rockets are unsuccessful trading him at all even though he will leave for nothing. And other teams know that because they arethrough background channels informed of situation.

Tampering doesn't really matter here. He can't legally sign. So, say you "come to an agreement", there's absolutely nothing stopping him from still shopping in free agency during the quiet period when you can negotiate but can't sign. There's no enforceability. And if he doesn't hold to his end of the bargain, what are you going to do? You can't tell the NBA. You can't admit you had an agreement, or face punishment yourself, while incurring no punishment on Oladipo... :dontknow:
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#10 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:Bulls can outright sign Oladipo in FA. Giving up any assets specially former lottery pick still under rookie deal is bad move. Unless they want OPJ outright but that's another pair of sleeves.

That's not really fair value deal but resigning OPJ is costing less than resigning Oladipo who you know he is likely leaving anyway. Rockets still get worse to get into better draft position because OPJ is out. Bulls do it because they have nothing to lose than gamble and they likely aint extending OPJ at all.

What's the probability of Victor signing with Chicago? 1%? He's going to Miami or NYK. The advantage to trading for him would be the chance that his 5th year might get him to resign. I still think he's going to Miami.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#11 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:59 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:Bulls can outright sign Oladipo in FA. Giving up any assets specially former lottery pick still under rookie deal is bad move. Unless they want OPJ outright but that's another pair of sleeves.

What's the probability of Victor signing with Chicago? 1%? He's going to Miami or NYK. The advantage to trading for him would be the chance that his 5th year might get him to resign. I still think he's going to Miami.

Why NY?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:42 pm

gobullschi wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Why NY?

Huge market for him to pursue his recording/film careers and "manage his brand", with massive cap space to sign him. Otherwise, the LA's would be a consideration, too.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:48 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:

Chicago is still big market team. Under what cirumstance Miami or NYK are better destination? Oladipo will sign where biggest deal is and that's only thing that matters. Who knows if Bulls under AK are even interested.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#14 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Why NY?

Huge market for him to pursue his recording/film careers and "manage his brand", with massive cap space to sign him. Otherwise, the LA's would be a consideration, too.

Meh. I don’t know think NY has any more of an advantage than Chicago. That whole narrative that NY has an advantage to building a brand or film/recording is a myth. NY hasn’t attracted a FA in years. All players see is cold weather and more taxes.

LA is a different story.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:05 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Why NY?

Meh. I don’t know think NY has any more of an advantage than Chicago. That whole narrative that NY has an advantage to building a brand or film/recording is a myth. NY hasn’t attracted a FA in years. All players see is cold weather and more taxes.

LA is a different story.

Whether or not you think it’s true, people and players believe it. Most players don’t worry about “building their brand” until their career winds down. Oladipo is acutely aware and hopeful of building a brand earlier on his career, and earlier than he deserves really, it he and his management are ACUTELY aware, and immensely hopeful. Unrealistically so.

Also, Leon Rose was his agent before he took the POBO job in NY and set him down the road of building his brand.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#16 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:21 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

LA is a different story.

Whether or not you think it’s true, people and players believe it. Most players don’t worry about “building their brand” until their career winds down. Oladipo is acutely aware and hopeful of building a brand earlier on his career, and earlier than he deserves really, it he and his management are ACUTELY aware, and immensely hopeful. Unrealistically so.

Also, Leon Rose was his agent before he took the POBO job in NY and set him down the road of building his brand.

Whether or not the team is projected to compete in the playoffs, taxes, friends, proximity to family, and weather all play a much more significant role then this fake advantage you’re giving NY. Give me some real examples to justify your argument.

I think that NY might have had an advantage many years ago, but in this digital world you don’t need to be located in NY to have your brand built by people in NY. I mean most of these guys own homes in CA anyways or are friends with people in the music/film industry.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#17 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:11 am

gobullschi wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Why NY?

He thinks he's going to become a singing star, he can sing some, he's had the big head ever since he was on that stupid masked singer show. I'd give him a 60% chance of going to Miami and about 40% to NYK.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#18 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:14 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Chicago is still big market team. Under what cirumstance Miami or NYK are better destination? Oladipo will sign where biggest deal is and that's only thing that matters. Who knows if Bulls under AK are even interested.

Miami could give him near a max, so could NY. Why Miami he's shown that is where he wants to go I believe his trainer lives there. Miami weather is a lot better than Chicago, and NYC is the big market and he has the idea he's going to become some kind of singing sensation. That's not likely in Chicago.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#19 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 am

gobullschi wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Why NY?

LA is a different story.

Well Chicago always will have Jussie Smellet. NYC has Broadway.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:17 am

gobullschi wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
gobullschi wrote:

LA is a different story.

Whether or not the team is projected to compete in the playoffs, taxes, friends, proximity to family, and weather all play a much more significant role then this fake advantage you’re giving NY. Give me some real examples to justify your argument.

I think that NY might have had an advantage many years ago, but in this digital world you don’t need to be located in NY to have your brand built by people in NY. I mean most of these guys own homes in CA anyways or are friends with people in the music/film industry.

I think he would like LA but I don't see anyway either LA team has the room to sign him or a way to trade for him.

Return to Trades and Transactions