ImageImageImage

Activity in trade talks until the trade deadline

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

How aggresive should Dallas be on the trade market until the trade deadline (March 25th)?

1 - Completely passive (i.e., no discussions, nobody is made available in trade talks)
No votes
15%
15%
19%
5 - Completely aggressive (i.e., everyone except for Luka is made available in trade talks)
50%

Total votes: 26

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: Activity in trade talks until the trade deadline 

Post#81 » by ejs78 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:59 pm

FYI

KP OUT again tonight

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#82 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:14 pm

ejs78 wrote:FYI

KP OUT again tonight

Maybe they're really trying to make a deal?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,928

Post#83 » by Archx » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Bob8 wrote:

KP OUT again tonight

I'm really getting fed up with him, no matter what anyone says. At some point i do hope they make a trade because he's letting down entire team with his antics.

He just got back, they were SLOWLY getting in to the rhythm and after 8 days break, he needs more break because he has a new injury. I bet after he gets back, he will need another 10 games to get his shot back :banghead:
Bob8
General Manager

Post#84 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

KP OUT again tonight

I'm really getting fed up with him, no matter what anyone says. At some point i do hope they make a trade because he's letting down entire team with his antics.

He just got back, they were SLOWLY getting in to the rhythm and after 8 days break, he needs more break because he has a new injury. I bet after he gets back, he will need another 10 games to get his shot back :banghead:

I don't know, this injury looks funny to me. Back tightness after almost 10 days without a game?
taibumu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#85 » by taibumu » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Something is happeningImage

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#86 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Is Markkanen ever healthy?
Chicago has a nice young group. Billy Donovan won't just want to give them.up for nothing because he can get this group in the postseason after another off season. Markkanen could possibly be available but he won't be cheap. I don't think KP fills a need for Chicago.

Lavine has been on record saying that him and Coach Donovan have been building their chemistry. I don't see us being able to acquire him or anyone of value on Chicago by trade.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#87 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:48 pm

taibumu wrote:Something is happeningImage

Its real! Donnie better not f*** this up
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#88 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:58 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mr B wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
I dont see how an empty stats, no D player like Lavine is the perfect running mate. he's essentially a young Kevin Martin. I respectfully disagree on Lauri too, he's good for some good offensive games here and there, but his D negates it. If we make a trade with Chi, it should be for Carter.

My ideal targets would be Siakam or Capela, but those arent happening.

That’s part of the whole process of bringing in someone new to this team, who’s available. I’d love to add Siakam and/or Capela too but like you said, they’re not available. There are a lot of guys I’d like to add that aren’t available.

So the Mavs have to go with who is available and unfortunately not everyone that’s available will be a great fit. I don’t know if Levine is actually available or not but parts of his game actually do mesh very well with Luka’s game.

So the Mavs can’t just say, he’s not a perfect fit so we don’t want him. We know KP isn’t working right now. So even if it means acquiring a guy that may not be a perfect fit, at least he will be a better fit than KP. At the end of the day the Mavs may not be in any better position than they are now but at least they’re trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It goes beyond him not being a perfect fit though. he doesnt contribute to winning basketball. Thats why i view him like Kevin martin, great stats, zero relation to wins or team success

You’re not wrong but the Mavs still have to find a way to improve the team and standing pat with KP doesn’t seem to be working. Any trade involving KP is not going to be perfect.

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#89 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:01 pm

HMFFL wrote:Is Markkanen ever healthy?
Chicago has a nice young group. Billy Donovan won't just want to give them.up for nothing because he can get this group in the postseason after another off season. Markkanen could possibly be available but he won't be cheap. I don't think KP fills a need for Chicago.

Lavine has been on record saying that him and Coach Donovan have been building their chemistry. I don't see us being able to acquire him or anyone of value on Chicago by trade.

Part of me still feels that Wendell Carter is involved considering how high the Mavs were on him in the draft.

Also part of me wonders if the Mavs will attach guys like Maxi and/or Brunson to KP in order to move him.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#90 » by arkuo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:06 pm

Mr B wrote:

Also part of me wonders if the Mavs will attach guys like Maxi and/or Brunson to KP in order to move him.

It is my personal belief that there will always be a young team that can "wait out" for KP. Some team out of the playoff seeding who could use a young 25 year old star next year when he is fully healthy. Some team that doesnt need KP back as early as next week.

Although that Golden State rumor with James Wiseman intrigues me. I mean Cuban could do the Warriors a solid and send them KP and make them jump back into contention. That will be a huge roadblock for Lebron James' bid for a back to back.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#91 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Is Markkanen ever healthy?

Part of me still feels that Wendell Carter is involved considering how high the Mavs were on him in the draft.

All this put Mavs in really bad position, if they try to move KP. They owe to Knicks 2 first picks and will need to attach someone to move him. I wonder if moving him now is really the right way to go.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#92 » by JD45 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Completely not feasible for the Mavs to "dump" KP with those two picks outstanding. They have to get some player or prospect of substance back to be any point in trading. Otherwise, might as well keep KP and see if he can get back in form.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#93 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:41 pm

JD45 wrote:Completely not feasible for the Mavs to "dump" KP with those two picks outstanding. They have to get some player or prospect of substance back to be any point in trading. Otherwise, might as well keep KP and see if he can get back in form.

No way they DUMP him. But if someone offered us someone that could fit as Luka’s sidekick better than KP could, then Dallas should do it sooner rather than later. I think we have a large enough sample size to say the fit isn’t there, but no one in their right mind would ever trade Luka. If Mavs could get someone like Lavine, Turner, or Wiseman then I think it’s an easy decision
FIRE JASON KIDD
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,393

Post#94 » by gottamakeit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:13 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Donnie is absolutely going to f*** this up. I have zero confidence in him as a GM.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#95 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:26 pm

I dont know how much Bulls value Marknanen but I dont think they’d trade Lavine. He just made the allstar team. A perimeter star player of their team. Why would they trade that to a big men with a lot of injurn concerns. They do not look like tanking so there is no intencive the do that trade for Bulls.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,338

Post#96 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:32 pm

Yeah, Lavine stock is at all time high, KP stock is at all time low, no one would trade Lavine for KP ATM.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,980

Post#97 » by Apz » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:12 pm

gottamakeit wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Donnie is absolutely going to f*** this up. I have zero confidence in him as a GM.

How? From what people say he never followed mavs so what does it tell us that he still isnt following? Nothing
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#98 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:44 pm

Aldridge To Mavs? What Are The (Buyout) Odds?

There is a Mavs willingness to acquire a "game-changer'' star, to use Cuban's words. Where does Aldridge fit into that formula?

The Spurs are unlikely to simply release Aldridge. The Spurs are actively looking for a trade partner so they can get some return on Aldridge. And, because this is America and you can bet on anything, there are odds.

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which will be LaMarcus Aldridge's next team?

Heat +200

Blazers +250

Celtics +400

Suns +500

Lakers +600

Mavericks +800

Clippers +900

Warriors +1000

76ers +1200

Nets +1500

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nba/mavericks/.amp/news/lamarcus-aldridge-to-mavs-what-are-the-nba-buyout-odds

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#99 » by JD45 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:12 pm

At this stage of his career, LMA is not a "game changer." He has some productive minutes left in him, and would make the Mavs better in the short term.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#100 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:35 am

Agreed, LMA was a game changer star 5 years ago but now he's a solid veteran limited minutes player.

Return to Dallas Mavericks