Image ImageImage Image

OT: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car accident

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

OT: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car accident 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Read on Twitter
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Re: OT: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car accident 

Post#2 » by Dresden » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:04 pm

They say he's in surgery, in serious condition. Praying he's ok...
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#3 » by DuckIII » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:41 am

He was reportedly lucid and communicative, with no indications he was driving impaired.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#4 » by fleet » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:54 am

reckless, distracted driving or simple speeding seems likely however.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,415

Post#5 » by ImSlower » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:12 am

Very scary place to lose control. I've driven some truly scary windy California roads, and they are white-knucklers even in the safest conditions.

In a small bit of coincidence, one of my friend's teenaged daughter just wrecked their family car while she was snapchatting during driving. She hit a car then smashed into one of those permanent city benches. She was fine, as it was like a 10mph collision, but the guy is heartbroken because of his attachment to the car.

Anyway, finding out he was texting would be a less troubling conclusion than intoxication. I still hope he was saving the life of a dog in the street or something less ignominious. Regarding his career, I'm very sad for him. I thought he had one more unexpected thrilling win in his bag before his swan song. I'm happy I got to see some of his unforgettable moments live on TV, even as a completely casual golf fan.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#6 » by fleet » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:26 am

As a golf fan that only watches for Tiger greatness, I haven't enjoyed watching him while slowly fading away physically on the golf course. If he's gone now, well.....
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by DuckIII » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:07 pm

ImSlower wrote:I still hope he was saving the life of a dog in the street or something less ignominious.

There were no signs of breaking and the police have said it appears he was speeding, hit a curb, and lost control.

They had to reconstruct his right lower leg. The limited details emerging from his surgery sound to me like, at minimum, you’re talking about an 18 month recovery to play competitive golf. And that would be for a 25 year old. Not a guy in his mid-40s who has already had multiple leg and back surgeries.

Even assuming best case scenarios, I can’t imagine him ever playing significant competitive professional golf ever again.
chicagoballer
Sixth Man
And1: 210

Post#8 » by chicagoballer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:52 pm

ImSlower wrote:Very scary place to lose control. I've driven some truly scary windy California roads, and they are white-knucklers even in the safest conditions.

In a small bit of coincidence, one of my friend's teenaged daughter just wrecked their family car while she was snapchatting during driving. She hit a car then smashed into one of those permanent city benches. She was fine, as it was like a 10mph collision, but the guy is heartbroken because of his attachment to the car.

Anyway, finding out he was texting would be a less troubling conclusion than intoxication. I still hope he was saving the life of a dog in the street or something less ignominious. Regarding his career, I'm very sad for him. I thought he had one more unexpected thrilling win in his bag before his swan song. I'm happy I got to see some of his unforgettable moments live on TV, even as a completely casual golf fan.

There are windy roads in California, but this was not one of them. He was going downhill, but the the curves are gentle, nothing sharp.

I drive the road daily and live 1 mile uphill from there. I drove the section literally 5 mins before his crash. He was likely distracted or DUI.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by DuckIII » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:15 pm

chicagoballer wrote:
ImSlower wrote:Very scary place to lose control. I've driven some truly scary windy California roads, and they are white-knucklers even in the safest conditions.

There are windy roads in California, but this was not one of them. He was going downhill, but the the curves are gentle, nothing sharp.

I drive the road daily and live 1 mile uphill from there. I drove the section literally 5 mins before his crash. He was likely distracted or DUI.

Every single statement we have received from law enforcement is that he was not driving impaired. Driving distracted and/or speeding though, again based on the statements from law enforcement, appear to be the cause.
Jello Biafra
Analyst
And1: 348

Post#10 » by Jello Biafra » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:24 pm

fleet wrote:As a golf fan that only watches for Tiger greatness, I haven't enjoyed watching him while slowly fading away physically on the golf course. If he's gone now, well.....

I have a serious golf addiction, both on the course and on TV, and I have PGA Tour Live playing on my computer on Thursday and Friday when I'm at my desk. That said, I never liked Tiger and thought he was a douche. A Tom Brady/Patriots/Duke kinda hate. Davis, Phil and Freddy were always my first tier guys (Spieth and Thomas now), and "schmo's" like Kevin Na, and Ryan Moore types were my second tier.

That being said, the dude has had hard times and his career hasn't been a shadow of what it was since Elin tried to massage his scalp with a driver. This is a tragedy and I hope he gets better and decides to have some kind of place in the golf world when he heals.
chicagoballer
Sixth Man
And1: 210

Post#11 » by chicagoballer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:08 pm

DuckIII wrote:
chicagoballer wrote:

Every single statement we have received from law enforcement is that he was not driving impaired. Driving distracted and/or speeding though, again based on the statements from law enforcement, appear to be the cause.

Every single statement from law enforcement says there is no evidence of driving impaired. EMTs didnt check for substances due to the seriousness of the injury. The ED may or may not have checked for substances, but that wont be released as it is a violation of HIPPA rules. He can be cleared from DUI once ED toxicology reports are revealed from the investigation.

The reason people will question being impaired is his history. In 2017, he had multiple substances in his blood that lead to falling asleep at the wheel. Prior to this accident, he has has multiple surgeries recently, and he was probably on pain medications.

All that being said, I full support innocent until proven guilty. I just dont want the roads to be blamed for his accident. This road is in great shape and not dangerous. Dont want to see another celebrity getting off due to lawyer tactics. His 2017 charge was reduced from DUI to reckless driving. In this case, the cause had to be reckless driving, being impaired, or something exceptional/unforeseen that caused this accident.
Jello Biafra
Analyst
And1: 348

Post#12 » by Jello Biafra » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:27 pm

chicagoballer wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
chicagoballer wrote:

Every single statement from law enforcement says there is no evidence of driving impaired. EMTs didnt check for substances due to the seriousness of the injury. The ED may or may not have checked for substances, but that wont be released as it is a violation of HIPPA rules. He can be cleared from DUI once ED toxicology reports are revealed from the investigation.

The reason people will question being impaired is his history. In 2017, he had multiple substances in his blood that lead to falling asleep at the wheel. Prior to this accident, he has has multiple surgeries recently, and he was probably on pain medications.

All that being said, I full support innocent until proven guilty. I just dont want the roads to be blamed for his accident. This road is in great shape and not dangerous. Dont want to see another celebrity getting off due to lawyer tactics. His 2017 charge was reduced from DUI to reckless driving. In this case, the cause had to be reckless driving, being impaired, or something exceptional/unforeseen that caused this accident.

They had to check for substances prior to anesthetizing him for surgery. If he was **** up it will come out.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#13 » by Am2626 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:39 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:
fleet wrote:As a golf fan that only watches for Tiger greatness, I haven't enjoyed watching him while slowly fading away physically on the golf course. If he's gone now, well.....

I have a serious golf addiction, both on the course and on TV, and I have PGA Tour Live playing on my computer on Thursday and Friday when I'm at my desk. That said, I never liked Tiger and thought he was a douche. A Tom Brady/Patriots/Duke kinda hate. Davis, Phil and Freddy were always my first tier guys (Spieth and Thomas now), and "schmo's" like Kevin Na, and Ryan Moore types were my second tier.

That being said, the dude has had hard times and his career hasn't been a shadow of what it was since Elin tried to massage his scalp with a driver. This is a tragedy and I hope he gets better and decides to have some kind of place in the golf world when he heals.

I remember when it seemed like a forgone conclusion that he would break Jack Nicklaus’ record for most Major’s won. It looks like Tiger will recover from his injuries but his golf career is probably over. Yeah Tiger has never been the same since he was exposed for his cheating.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,134

Post#14 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:45 pm

Where in CA was he driving? What street?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dresden » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:05 pm

chicagoballer wrote:

Wow, there's some good first hand information.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#16 » by Dresden » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Am2626 wrote:
Jello Biafra wrote:

I remember when it seemed like a forgone conclusion that he would break Jack Nicklaus’ record for most Major’s won. It looks like Tiger will recover from his injuries but his golf career is probably over. Yeah Tiger has never been the same since he was exposed for his cheating.

Yeah, he seemed a shoe in for 20-25 majors at one point. The psychological damage from his divorce and sex stuff, and then all the injuries have really taken their toll. People said when he was young that his back would never hold up with how hard he swung, and they were right.

That being said, anyone who doubts he will never play competitive golf again should read about Ben Hogan and what he went through. Hit head on by a bus, crushed his hip and leg, doctors doubted he'd ever walk again, let alone play golf. But he played his best golf post injury. He was younger than Tiger at the time, but the medical technology was also nothing compared to what it is now, and his injuries were likely much more severe.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,448

Post#17 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:17 pm

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/NxYLaaa

Not gonna speculate what happened, but this seems hard to do on a dry road during the day.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,134

Post#18 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:https://m.imgur.com/gallery/NxYLaaa

Not gonna speculate what happened, but this seems hard to do on a dry road during the day.

Hawthorne Blvd in RPV... just to add to what others are saying, this isn't some crazy windy street where it should be "easy" to flip your car.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
detlef_schrempf
Junior
And1: 489

Post#19 » by detlef_schrempf » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:21 am

Yikes, ok
DO THE DEW!
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,415

Post#20 » by ImSlower » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:11 am

detlef_schrempf wrote:

Yikes, ok

Well obviously my buddy was scared and furious at his daughter for the wreck, but again it was not at all life-threatening, as Tiger's was. I wasn't equating that at all, simply that I heard about two car accidents within a day that both were caused by unsafe driving.

Return to Chicago Bulls