ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Re: Booker Discussion, news and highlights 

Post#821 » by Qwigglez » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:55 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

You always beat me in life. Even in high school stole most of my potential gfs by half a minute. :(

Can we drop this please. I feel bad enough as it is. :(
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#822 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

All is right in the universe. Thank you Adam Silver for my birthday present
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,131

Post#823 » by spanishninja » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:33 am

Among commissioners, Silver isn't half bad. At least he knows Booker's stock is going up.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#824 » by King4Day » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:38 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

Happy birthday!
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#825 » by Qwigglez » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Read on Twitter

happy 56th birthday bigfishi!
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,800

Post#826 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 am

Justice has been done.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#827 » by King4Day » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:36 pm

How do people feel about this?
This is the first time I've really been unhappy with Book. If you don't agree with him, just laugh it off and answer his questions. He could have easily said, 'Oh then I take back my congrats for you making the all-star team'. If Book can't act like he hasn't been as good then why was he even picked for the game. Just really disrespectful. Especially to a guy who has been really polite in the media.

https://streamable.com/5da6fj
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#828 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:25 pm

King4Day wrote:How do people feel about this?
This is the first time I've really been unhappy with Book. If you don't agree with him, just laugh it off and answer his questions. He could have easily said, 'Oh then I take back my congrats for you making the all-star team'. If Book can't act like he hasn't been as good then why was he even picked for the game. Just really disrespectful. Especially to a guy who has been really polite in the media.

I think Book was saying that he hasn't been as good as last season, which is correct. Now his last little stretch he has been as good, or better, and his 3pt shot is now near his career high...

but overall he hasn't been as good.

Though with your second sentence it sounds like you know he isn't agreeing with the guy saying he was better (that Book thinks he was better last year). But with your 4th sentence you seem to be saying the he is insinuating that he thinks he has been as good.

I can see why Book takes it as an insult to his play last year though when the guy said he's playing a lot better this year when Book feels and knows he has struggled some this year.

You are right he didn't have to answer like that but I do get his point...a guy covering the Suns for a living should know this, and not say "Why are you playing MUCH better this season?" Kind of a ridiculous question. I'm sure the guy was confused though.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#829 » by King4Day » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:

I think Book was saying that he hasn't been as good as last season, which is correct. Now his last little stretch he has been as good, or better, and his 3pt shot is now near his career high...

Though with your second sentence it sounds like you know he isn't agreeing with the guy saying he was better (that Book thinks he was better last year). But with your 4th sentence you seem to be saying the he is insinuating that he thinks he has been as good.

I can see why Book takes it as an insult to his play last year though when the guy said he's playing a lot better this year when Book feels and knows he has struggled some this year.

You are right he didn't have to answer like that but I do get his point...a guy covering the Suns for a living should know this, and not say "Why are you playing MUCH better this season?" Kind of a ridiculous question. I'm sure the guy was confused though.

All I was really saying was, Booker was a dick to a respectable reporter. If you don't like the question, just say 'i don't think I'm better but thanks for thinking that' or something along those lines. He was an A-hole to the guy. Rubs me the wrong way.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#830 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:07 am

King4Day wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

All I was really saying was, Booker was a dick to a respectable reporter. If you don't like the question, just say 'i don't think I'm better but thanks for thinking that' or something along those lines. He was an A-hole to the guy. Rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, you're right he was being an ahole, but I understand why he was probably thinking WTF? And it's probably hard to say. "I'm not a lot better than last year." Best would have just been to play along with the guy...maybe focus on things you are better at, like "Focusing more on both sides of the ball, using more screens for open looks, etc." It's actually kind of hard to think about things he is better at this year. For a while you could have said defense, but I am not sure about that...and probably not something to start talking about since it's your weakness.

Even though he was an a hole, it is such a back handed compliment that I can see why he took offense. I don't know who that guy is, or how he is well respected if he really thinks Booker is so much better than last year.

He should have just said "Hard work. Just a lot of hard work." or something like that.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#831 » by King4Day » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:
King4Day wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, you're right he was being an ahole, but I understand why he was probably thinking WTF? And it's probably hard to say. "I'm not a lot better than last year." Best would have just been to play along with the guy...maybe focus on things you are better at, like "Focusing more on both sides of the ball, using more screens for open looks, etc." It's actually kind of hard to think about things he is better at this year. For a while you could have said defense, but I am not sure about that...and probably not something to start talking about since it's your weakness.

Even though he was an a hole, it is such a back handed compliment that I can see why he took offense. I don't know who that guy is, or how he is well respected if he really thinks Booker is so much better than last year.

He should have just said "Hard work. Just a lot of hard work." or something like that.

I think he's a Greek reporter. He asks questions after every Suns game and with his accent, the players can't miss it.
I'm sure his attitude had to do with the loss to Charlotte. His response felt like he was attacking his own.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#832 » by Frank Lee » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:35 am

Book has a hard edge going. Probably lost more games the last 5 yrs than anyone. He’s finally got something going and looks to have turned up the ‘Fn Im serious’ meter
What ? Me Worry ?
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#833 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:26 pm

The reporter asked " Why are you playing this season MUCH BETTER (or EXTREMELY BETTER like Book replied) than last season"?

That is a ridiculous question and it is based on a false premise.

The reporter needs to do better his job and know what is really happening and not make false assumptions... so I think Book answered him well enough.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#834 » by King4Day » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:48 pm

Saberestar wrote:

The reporter asked " Why are you playing this season MUCH BETTER (or EXTREMELY BETTER like Book replied) than last season"?

The reporter needs to do better his job and know what is really happening and not make false assumptions... so I think Book answered him well enough.

Given the language barrier, it's hard to say what he really meant or if he truly thought Booker was better. The guy is a foreign reporter it seems (or local and is from another country). Booker should have just said 'I'm actually having a worse season' and move on. And this isn't something to think about in hindsight. It's so easy to say that and it's even easier to be nice.

The 'Much better' comment isn't how you'd normally say it. You'd say, 'why do you think you're having a better season than last?'
My guess is, he meant the stretch since he returned from injury.

I am on calls with people from all over the world for work and it's so common where things get misconstrued simply because the person thought the meaning of a word or how it was stated was correct when it wasn't. Maybe that's why I'm having a harder time accepting this.

To me, Books response to a reporter who has been nothing but kind and respectful to him was immature. He took his anger about the loss out on him. And even still, what the guy asked wasn't in any way insulting to Booker. Misunderstood, sure. But you'd think the guy asked a question about his personal life with how he responded.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#835 » by Saberestar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:57 pm

King4Day wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Given the language barrier, it's hard to say what he really meant or if he truly thought Booker was better. The guy is a foreign reporter it seems (or local and is from another country). Booker should have just said 'I'm actually having a worse season' and move on. And this isn't something to think about in hindsight. It's so easy to say that and it's even easier to be nice.

The 'Much better' comment isn't how you'd normally say it. You'd say, 'why do you think you're having a better season than last?'
My guess is, he meant the stretch since he returned from injury.

I am on calls with people from all over the world for work and it's so common where things get misconstrued simply because the person thought the meaning of a word or how it was stated was correct when it wasn't. Maybe that's why I'm having a harder time accepting this.

To me, Books response to a reporter who has been nothing but kind and respectful to him was immature. He took his anger about the loss out on him. And even still, what the guy asked wasn't in any way insulting to Booker. Misunderstood, sure. But you'd think the guy asked a question about his personal life with how he responded.

I think that you are giving too much credit to the reporter.

The reporter wanted to praise Book but he picked the wrong way and Booker did not buy it.

No way someone who usually watches the Suns play would say that Book is playing this season extremely better than last season. You can argue that he is playing about the same or even slightly better in some areas, but other than that would be a false compliment.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#836 » by sunsbg » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:15 pm

Dumb question, but Booker's response just reaffirms my impression of a cold-blooded person I usually get from other interviews and on-court demeanor. I would ask him to take soft skills courses if I was his employer. :lol:
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#837 » by TouchPassDario » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Pretty amazing we are 21-11 with Booker as our 4th most effective player this year.

If he can be more consistent on offense and plugged in a little more on defense we can make the Finals with Booker complementing our Big3.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#838 » by Qwigglez » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:28 pm

TouchPassDario wrote:Pretty amazing we are 21-11 with Booker as our 4th most effective player this year.

If he can be more consistent on offense and plugged in a little more on defense we can make the Finals with Booker complementing our Big3.

Yes. This bodes well if Book is our 4th most effective player this year. I'll definitely take it.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#839 » by TouchPassDario » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:41 am

Mikal is starting to really cook against the weaker defenders he is drawing thanks to Book. I almost think we may function better with Book as the decoy at times.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#840 » by Revived » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:20 am

I agree with you that it was definitely an unnecessary rude response by Booker to a guy who was simply complimenting him. He should’ve just said “No I think I played better last season anyway...” and then just answered the question.

But at the same time, I kinda like that he knows he isn’t playing as well as last season. It’s gonna keep that chip strongly on his shoulder.

Return to Phoenix Suns