ImageImage

Miles Bridges Arrested: Felony Domestic Violence, Wife Speaks Pg.85

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,171

Re: Birdland Presents - The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#861 » by SWedd523 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:24 am

JMAC3 wrote:Not even sure what point you are trying to make, other than attempting to change the subject. Have a nice night man.

Feel bad for your kids/future kids. "He can't make a left handed layup at age 7, I think it is time to pull him out of basketball he isn't going to get better".

In all my time here, I have never seen somebody stoop so low as to bring another poster's children into the discussion.

Congratulations for exposing yourself. Trash post. Get ****.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#862 » by DY_nasty » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:26 am

i mean for real lmao

"i feel bad for your kids" because of reasonable sports take? same dude that cries to the mods like i'm picking on him because i 'attacked' him with his own logic once.

live better bro
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#863 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:27 am

DY_nasty wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:'Miles first two years way better than Henderson'. slow down cowboy

bro. henderson wasn't even allowed on the court his first two years because we had raja bell and larry hughes. then stephen jackson after that. i knew you'd jump at that :lol:

and outside of not shooting 3s, he did everything better than miles (outside of rebound because we had more than enough people to do the job at the time). point is, again, we shouldn't have held onto the guy as long as we did - and he was better.

i don't even know what you think i'm 'cherry picking' either. if anything you're the one always going back to "what about x player who didn't see the court because reasons i won't discuss because it'll shake my argument" lol

edit: lol

Right then Henderson played on some of the worst teams ever as a guy who had plays called for him like he was Kobe Bryant that help make his stats look somewhat reasonable. Facts are Bridges was better than Henderson his first two years regardless of who Henderson had to sit behind.

I am logging off so why don't you and Swedd actually comment on each others posts for a bit instead of both arguing with me all the time haha.

this shouldn't make you so mad :roll:

and no - henderson was easily better. even if he refused to shoot 3s he didn't dribble off his feet while going in a straight line like miles does. and you know, the whole actually playing defense thing.

Not mad bro. Just 1:30 am and I have work tomorrow.

Henderson was a really flawed player. He couldn't shoot threes, he couldn't dribble and he was pretty much useless unless you called pindown screen after pindown screen to try to get him open for a 18 foot elbow shot. I rooted for him because we were so bad, but he was not a very good player even at age 26. Miles has three years before he even reaches that point.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#864 » by JMAC3 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:29 am

DY_nasty wrote:i mean for real lmao

"i feel bad for your kids" because of reasonable sports take? same dude that cries to the mods like i'm picking on him because i 'attacked' him with his own logic once.

live better bro

Pretty sure making a pretty unambiguous joke about someone's kid being bad at basketball is far less of an attack than the multiple names that I have been called by both of you haha.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#865 » by DY_nasty » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:31 am

don't let me keep you up man lol
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#866 » by BigSlam » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:07 pm

Ok everyone: Let’s keep it clean and cool it with the personal attacks. Passion is great, but let’s keep the passion we have directed to the team we love, not at lighting each other up.

And keeping the discussion to basketball related discussion is a must. No need to bring outside topics away from basketball into any discussion here unless it’s invited by the poster.

We all have lives away from the keyboard (I hope!). Let’s keep them away from here and not use them to try and make our point.
B B M F 'ers
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#867 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:57 pm

None of us should be getting upset over Miles. Hes playing about as well as we could expect where we picked him in the draft. Should we have picked SGA? Yeah, but thats hindsight like every other draft we've been picked in (except this one Thank God). Im way higher on Miles than most, and am more than happy to have him. I like his ability to play multiple positions and his defense seeks vastly improved along with his deep ball.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#868 » by Snidely FC » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:02 am

Zach Lowe celebrating Miles:
Miles Bridges is more than murderous dunks
Bridges is wanted in multiple countries for the snatching of basketball souls, most recently that of Chris Boucher. But keep an eye on the non-dunk things Bridges is up to. He's turning into an interesting player with some feel. Every game, Bridges throws two or three passes he didn't have in his bag last season -- passes that reveal a player thinking one step ahead:

Charlotte sometimes has Bridges screen in pick-and-rolls -- especially in super-small lineups featuring P.J. Washington at center -- and he makes heady reads on the move. They dabble in using Bridges as a facilitator from the post, and he's smart picking out cutters and shooters. Bridges has passed on 50% of his post-ups, even with Draymond Green's league high a year ago.

Green's name there is both interesting and a bit of a siren's song. The apex version of Bridges is probably a playmaking power forward in the general Green mold. He can push after rebounds, orchestrate from all over, run the occasional inverted pick-and-roll, and switch on defense. He's a much better shooter than Green -- 41% from deep on five attempts per 36 minutes.

There have been a lot of would-be Greens. Few approached the archetype. Green is a basketball genius. His brain speeds up his body. He has recorded assists on almost 30% of Golden State's baskets while on the floor over the past half-decade; Bridges is at a career-high 11% this season. Green has had more talent around him than Bridges ever will, but Green's quick-twitch playmaking amplified those superstar teammates.

Green is a generational star on defense whose 7-1 wingspan is 4 inches longer than that of Bridges. Bridges is ... fine. He can get hazy in complex rotations.

Bridges needs to find more reliable pathways to score in the half court. Defenses still treat him as a non-shooter. His release is slow. He can be laborious off the dribble without a head start; he doesn't get by defenders as easily as you'd think given his nuclear dunking. He's a two-foot jumper, which makes him slower rising up in traffic. It also might limit his ability to draw fouls; he's averaging one free throw per game.

He's also just 22. He will improve a lot of discrete skills. Maybe he makes enough small leaps across the board to effectively transform himself into a different player. Maybe a mega-leap in one skill -- shooting, for instance -- makes the rest of his game easier.

Maybe Bridges tops out as a good backup on a great team. Maybe he grows into a starter on that level team. It's hard to know, but I'm watching with fresh eyes.

Random note: Bridges wears No. 0. The foursome of Malik Monk, Ball, Rozier, and Devonte' Graham wear Nos. 1-4, in that order. If James Borrego doesn't play the 0-4 lineup at least one minute this season, we riot.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#869 » by yosemiteben » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:23 am

"He has recorded assists on almost 30% of Golden State's baskets while on the floor over the past half-decade"

Holy **** that's insane.

I have noticed that Miles has been throwing some passes that I don't think he would have even seen much less made last season.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#870 » by euphorbus » Thu Feb 4, 2021 5:50 pm

Watching Bridges play, I wonder if the reason he does not get to the free throw line very much is because no one wants to get in the way when he launches one of the wonder-thunder dunks?
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#871 » by DY_nasty » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:18 pm

euphorbus wrote:Watching Bridges play, I wonder if the reason he does not get to the free throw line very much is because no one wants to get in the way when he launches one of the wonder-thunder dunks?

lol no

when people are actively defending the rim he runs in circles pretending to be some sort of mid-range facilitator. its comical. if you put a body on miles while he's trying to gather, his entire mindset on scoring/attacking inside changes instantly.

hell, when he does get a dunk off inside on someone defenses don't even care because what's 2 points to miles at the end of the day - get back to making sure our shooters stay cold and mauling us on the glass and its just a highlight once the game is over.
CatgutStitches
Junior
And1: 262

Post#872 » by CatgutStitches » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:35 pm

Show me on the doll where Miles Bridges touched some of you... Yeesh...

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#873 » by countryboi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:40 pm

Bridges and Balls should always be on the floor together, the two of them just work well together
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#874 » by DY_nasty » Thu Feb 4, 2021 7:43 pm

CatgutStitches wrote:Show me on the doll where Miles Bridges touched some of you... Yeesh...

i'm not exaggerating tho

look at the difference of play between a miami game where the heat are playing hard from tip off til overtime - then look at how things go in a philadelphia game where philly essentially sleepwalks through a casual blowout.

there's a dramatic change in approach to the game by miles and its all in his head. been this way for years now
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#875 » by James Gatz » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:03 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
CatgutStitches wrote:Show me on the doll where Miles Bridges touched some of you... Yeesh...

i'm not exaggerating tho

look at the difference of play between a miami game where the heat are playing hard from tip off til overtime - then look at how things go in a philadelphia game where philly essentially sleepwalks through a casual blowout.

there's a dramatic change in approach to the game by miles and its all in his head. been this way for years now

I'm with DY on this. Miles is really uncomfortable finishing through contact. Part of it is his inability to jump off one foot. All his big dunks he has the room to load up with two feet.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#876 » by DY_nasty » Thu Feb 4, 2021 8:20 pm

fwiw he's been playing solid this past week especially on the defensive end

i'm just over the fancy bullet passes to cody and biz in the paint from this dude.... obvious he read that lowe article and started sniffing his own farts there. if he's that deep in the paint or has the angle for a drive - he needs to put a shoulder in someone's chest, start trying to finish off the glass, and stop bailing out completely when he realizes he's not getting his dunk.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#877 » by yosemiteben » Fri Feb 5, 2021 6:52 pm

DY_nasty wrote:there's a dramatic change in approach to the game by miles and its all in his head. been this way for years now

Read on Twitter
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#878 » by predators » Fri Feb 5, 2021 10:01 pm

James Gatz wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:

i'm not exaggerating tho

I'm with DY on this. Miles is really uncomfortable finishing through contact. Part of it is his inability to jump off one foot. All his big dunks he has the room to load up with two feet.

I think it's mostly because he's too small play his game in certain matchups inside. Philly is gigantic, you probably won't see much inside in the half court against Utah tonight either. He's going to need to develop Gordon Hayward level of awareness/handle to really be a break out player.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#879 » by euphorbus » Mon Feb 8, 2021 9:59 pm

I'm reading an article on how the Hornets are the most fun team in the NBA to watch this season (after being borderline unwatchable the past two or three years).

https://www.skysports.com/nba/news/36226/12212250/with-lamelo-ball-the-charlotte-hornets-have-a-new-identity-as-the-nbas-most-fun-team

We need to rename this thread "Sky Miles--the Bridges Thread." To quote, "The man carries an invisible trampoline with him at all times."
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Re: Birdland Presents: The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#880 » by Rich4114 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:07 pm

I feel like Miles needs to find a way to be more aggressive offensively. Doesn’t always need to be a dunk or a three. That fact that he’s shooting near perfect makes it seem like he could have a good mid range game. Our rebounding is better with him out there too.

Return to Charlotte Hornets