ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 268 in MSG Usman vs Colby 2, Rose vs Zhang 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 259: Adesanya vs Blachowicz plus Aljo vs Yan and Nunes vs Anderson 

Post#1561 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:54 pm

anyone else tempted to take Megan...
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,611

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 259: Adesanya vs Blachowicz plus Aljo vs Yan and Nunes vs Anderson 

Post#1562 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 5, 2021 7:36 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:anyone else tempted to take Megan...

What happens when the fight goes to the ground?
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,487

Post#1563 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 5, 2021 9:09 pm

I really have no faith that Megan can win. She does look half a foot taller but I just don’t think she’s very good. She’d need another toenail in the cornea to win in my book lol.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1564 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 5, 2021 9:12 pm

Grinditout wrote:Polish power should probably just wrestle f*ck Izzy to a decision.

Yan and Sterling is the more intriguing matchup to me

Toward the end of the podcast, I read a note my brother left me that was like “izzy’s coming in light, Jan will weigh 220, watch Jan wrestle”...it’s not a bad plan, he straight up bullied a bigger guy in Nikita krylov not long ago. I’m still not sure I trust him to get inside without eating something, but it’s definitely a good idea to try.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1565 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 5, 2021 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter

KFTV got Helwani in there
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1566 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 5, 2021 10:52 pm

j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

CP should hit you up.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1567 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 6, 2021 3:01 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Read on Twitter

CP should hit you up.

I’m all audio at the moment. Maybe on expanding to video I’ll try to get on some of these platforms though, I feel pretty confident in my knowledge at this point.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1568 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Mar 6, 2021 5:54 pm

j4remi wrote:

I really have no faith that Megan can win. She does look half a foot taller but I just don’t think she’s very good. She’d need another toenail in the cornea to win in my book lol.

7 to 1 odds though...thinking of throwing a 5 buck parley at Cruz, Makochev, Santos, Jan, Sterling, and Megan.. payoff is over 1k lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1569 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 6, 2021 6:59 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:7 to 1 odds though...thinking of throwing a 5 buck parley at Cruz, Makochev, Santos, Jan, Sterling, and Megan.. payoff is over 1k lol

:lol: I love parlays like that. This card has a lot of live dogs. I’m surprised they have Cruz as a dog.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1570 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Mar 6, 2021 8:22 pm

j4remi wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:7 to 1 odds though...thinking of throwing a 5 buck parley at Cruz, Makochev, Santos, Jan, Sterling, and Megan.. payoff is over 1k lol

I love parlays like that. This card has a lot of live dogs. I’m surprised they have Cruz as a dog.
Yea ton of live dogs

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1571 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 6, 2021 11:16 pm

Three fights, three KO's. The last two have been nasty too. Lemos has some serious pop!
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1572 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:00 am

Sean Brady
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1573 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 7, 2021 4:11 am

Santos was robbed.
Free Palestine
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,451

Post#1574 » by ibraheim718 » Sun Mar 7, 2021 5:05 am

I actually laid coin on the Sterling-Anderson-Jan parlay.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1577 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 7, 2021 9:35 am

So that's it for Izzy's foray into the LHW Division. I'm assuming he goes back down to middleweight. Right? But then I looked at that division and it's the same ol', same ol'. I'm thinking Whitaker beats Costa and maybe this time Whitaker beats Izzy setting a trilogy. That's probably the best thing that can happen for all concerned. I did read somewhere that Izzy wanted Till.

Any chance Usman goes up to middleweight?
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1578 » by j4remi » Sun Mar 7, 2021 6:22 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:So that's it for Izzy's foray into the LHW Division. I'm assuming he goes back down to middleweight. Right? But then I looked at that division and it's the same ol', same ol'. I'm thinking Whitaker beats Costa and maybe this time Whitaker beats Izzy setting a trilogy. That's probably the best thing that can happen for all concerned. I did read somewhere that Izzy wanted Till.

Any chance Usman goes up to middleweight?

I think Usman's too small for Middleweight, but we'd have to see for sure. The bigger issue there is that there's plenty of money for Usman at 170. He has the Masvidal fight, a rematch with Edwards could be intriguing and Wonderboy is finally getting attention too.

I think the Blachowicz fight showed why Izzy wanted to take his time moving up. Dude got completely overpowered for takedowns and ground control in the decisive championship rounds. I'd put him in the same category as Max Holloway, fighters who would have to drop their current division and completely commit to adding on weight properly for a move up. I think they can both do it, but not if they want to keep dropping down to the smaller weight class as well. I'd bet Izzy wants Till for marketability reasons, but I agree with you 100% that Whitaker is probably the next move (if he can beat Costa of course). Another intriguing rematch is with Vettori since they fought competitively years ago and have both made big leaps since.

The Yan fight was unfortunate as hell. Khabib told DC that Yan's corner actually told him to throw the knee too, a massive screw-up. I'm excited to see the rematch just to find out how a wrestler at Aljo's level would prepare for a second round with someone that used the trips that Yan did. That fight was a lot of fun until the unfortunate closer.

There's no one for Nunes, it's kind of amazing.

For Jan, we know Glover's next. I don't like the match-up for Texeira but he continually proves me wrong, so we just have to see. Rakic ought to be waiting in the wings and then we have the winner of Prochazka vs Reyes that ought to enter the mix too. That division has some fun fall out on the way.

Islam wants Tony Ferguson, but I think Tony should get a chance to show he's not completely cooked before that. I want Dariush to get the next look at Makachaev, it's a more reasonable progression and would line one of 'em up for a top five opponent (potentially to be the number one contender).

Askarov ought to get the winner of Figuieredo vs Moreno 2. Cruz vs Aldo would be a lot of fun.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#1579 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Mar 7, 2021 8:57 pm

Just some quick thoughts, I don't see Usman and Izzy ever fighting as they is a mutual respect given they both representing Nigeria.

Dariush has said he wants a top ranked opponent next so I cannot see him fight Makashev next, especially considering they are both represented by Ali. I can see names like Kevin Lee or RDA presented, if Tony is not offered the fight.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#1580 » by NY 567 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:45 am

Occasionally, you'll get a guy who completely flips the scrip of everything that happens normally. When Jan was 32-34 years old, he was a high level journeyman who lost 4 out of 5 fights and honestly should have been cut. Now at 38 years old, he is a bonafide elite world championship fighter. Even though he had a size advantage, the fact that he beat Israel, arguably even striking, is pretty amazing. Pretty incredible run for a guy who is almost 40 and was never considered an elite fighter or anywhere close to it before this run. Izzy will be fine, I don't think their is anyone at MW who can tough the guy, especially with Romero not even being in the company anymore.

Return to New York Knicks