Welcome Paul Reed

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Paul Reed 

Post#101 » by LloydFree » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:34 am

Paul Reed making a mockery of the G-league again tonight. 23 points, 10 rebs and 5 steals through 3 quarters against Iowa.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#102 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:49 am

So what can we take from Reed dominating the g league? Does it mean he's ready for NBA minutes? Siakam averaged 18 ppg in the regular season and around 23 ppg in the finals when he was in the g league for example.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#103 » by Rastas » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:16 am

Just keep Reed and Tucker getting minutes and confidence in the G League , then bring them both up after the All Star break for RS minutes and evaluation.
Both are showing good promise so far.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#104 » by Stanford » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:01 am

Read on Twitter

What have I been telling you
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#105 » by stormi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 am

So pretty
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#106 » by Stanford » Sat Mar 6, 2021 1:36 am

Read on Twitter
/photo/1

bball paul selling ps5s out of his car while winning bub mvp
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#107 » by Stanford » Sat Mar 6, 2021 1:44 am

i love him
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#108 » by Kobblehead » Sat Mar 6, 2021 1:56 am

Dammit, Daryl. We got Paul Reed selling PS5s out of the backseat of his car to make ends meet. Convert the damn contract!
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#109 » by stormi » Sat Mar 6, 2021 3:35 am

Please don't tell me y'all sent the scammer on his account that venmo already
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#110 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 6, 2021 5:59 pm

BBall Paul should have been a 1st round pick to begin with, maybe even top 20. So now the 76ers will get him on a Shake Milton deal in the off-season and have two rotation players playing for little more than the minimum for the next few years.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#111 » by Stanford » Sat Mar 6, 2021 9:04 pm

stormi wrote:Please don't tell me y'all sent the scammer on his account that venmo already

We'll see who has the last laugh
Monix
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Post#112 » by Monix » Sat Mar 6, 2021 9:33 pm

LloydFree wrote:BBall Paul should have been a 1st round pick to begin with, maybe even top 20. So now the 76ers will get him on a Shake Milton deal in the off-season and have two rotation players playing for little more than the minimum for the next few years.

I'm sure Shake regrets signing for 4 years at the minimum, if Reed is a no doubt rotation player why would he agree to such a low salary for 4 years?
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#113 » by LloydFree » Sat Mar 6, 2021 11:00 pm

Monix wrote:
LloydFree wrote:BBall Paul should have been a 1st round pick to begin with, maybe even top 20. So now the 76ers will get him on a Shake Milton deal in the off-season and have two rotation players playing for little more than the minimum for the next few years.

I'm sure Shake regrets signing for 4 years at the minimum, if Reed is a no doubt rotation player why would he agree to such a low salary for 4 years?

1. It's easy to sneer at 1.5- 2mil per year, if you are comparing to other players, but he's only making about 200K this season.

2. Dominating the G-league is one thing, but it doesn't guarantee you are going to stick in the NBA. All you need to look at is Christian Wood, or his teammate Rayjon Tucker, who dominated and signed a one year contract and found himself on the street before his contract was guaranteed.

3. He's only 21 years old. He's still draft age. Shake's contract is about the same as the average #30, 1st round pick, and unlike draft picks, his 3rd and 4th year are GUARANTEED.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#114 » by BullyKing » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:02 am

Read on Twitter
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#115 » by Sixerscan » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:10 am

LloydFree wrote:
Monix wrote:

1. It's easy to sneer at 1.5- 2mil per year, if you are comparing to other players, but he's only making about 200K this season.

2. Dominating the G-league is one thing, but it doesn't guarantee you are going to stick in the NBA. All you need to look at is Christian Wood, or his teammate Rayjon Tucker, who dominated and signed a one year contract and found himself on the street before his contract was guaranteed.

3. He's only 21 years old. He's still draft age. Shake's contract is about the same as the average #30, 1st round pick, and unlike draft picks, his 3rd and 4th year are GUARANTEED.

Shake's 4th year is non-guaranteed but point stands. Not a lot of leverage for guys still on 2 way deals. People call these deals the Hinkie Special but the actual Hinkie Specials like TJ's just had like half of the first year guaranteed. I think Cov and Jerami only got 2 years guaranteed? 3 guaranteed years is pretty nice.

They can't offer him 4 years though unless they get under the apron. It's one of the things that triggers the hard cap. That's probably why Joe only got a 3 year deal.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#116 » by LloydFree » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:11 am

BullyKing wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holinger is going to pump Reed like Negrodamus pumps his favorites. He had Paul Reed as the 12th best draft prospect this past year, when nobody else had him in the top 25.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#117 » by BullyKing » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:14 am

LloydFree wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holinger is going to pump Reed like Negrodamus pumps his favorites. He had Paul Reed as the 12th best draft prospect this past year, when nobody else had him in the top 25.

It mostly caught my attention because Morey retweeted it. Such a nice change to have a GM pumping up our players instead of starting burner accounts to trash them.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#118 » by Tomjas » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:24 am

LloydFree wrote:
Monix wrote:

Agreed

Reed was the 58th pick in the draft

If he’s able to secure a Shake type deal 12 months later, it would be a fantastic result for him
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#119 » by Sixerscan » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:55 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:So what can we take from Reed dominating the g league? Does it mean he's ready for NBA minutes? Siakam averaged 18 ppg in the regular season and around 23 ppg in the finals when he was in the g league for example.

Not everyone that dominates the G League ends up a good NBA player but if you aren't dominating the G League you probably aren't becoming a good NBA player.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#120 » by Stanford » Sun Mar 7, 2021 1:27 am

He's putting up 22-11 on .656 TS with nearly 2 blocks and 2 steals per game. First in offensive and defensive win shares. And it's not like he's 28. The only concern is his free throw rate.

LloydFree wrote:he's only making about 200K this season.

Plus the proceeds from the PS5s.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers