Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Joe Johnson workout, pg 97 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:49 am

Previous thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - No Politics 

Post#2 » by Prez » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:56 am

Can't stop thinking about a Jrue/Donte/Khris/OPJ/Giannis closing lineup. If Porter could get even close to top form that might put us in that top tier
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#3 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:10 am

The bad hip stuff is troubling.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#4 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:23 am

Ben McLemore's having a pretty rough year but last year he shot 40% from three on 10 attempts per 36. Wouldn't mind him with some little bull Craig/Wilson trade.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#5 » by slos » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:26 pm

Jrue/DDV/Midds/Barnes/Giannis closing line up looks also good.

Barnes and Whiteside for Brook and the DJs works financially. Add two 2nds and get a third team there willing to send value to Sacramento for Brook.

Giannis won’t love it become a full time C. Portis and Hassan will cover him at C though till crunch time in this plan.

Jrue (38)/Pat and Forbes (10)
DDV (30)/Pat and Forbes (18)
Midds (38)/Barnes (10)
Giannis (28)/Barnes (20)
Portis (24)/Hassan (14)/Giannis (10)
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#6 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:37 pm

slos wrote:Jrue/DDV/Midds/Barnes/Giannis closing line up looks also good.

Barnes and Whiteside for Brook and the DJs works financially. Add two 2nds and get a third team there willing to send value to Sacramento for Brook.

Giannis won’t love it become a full time C. Portis and Hassan will cover him at C though till crunch time in this plan.

Midds (38)/Barnes (10)
Giannis (28)/Barnes (20)

Why acquire Barnes bloated contract when you can get a better player in Bjelica?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#7 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:39 pm

Prez wrote:Can't stop thinking about a Jrue/Donte/Khris/OPJ/Giannis closing lineup. If Porter could get even close to top form that might put us in that top tier

The Bulls have told teams they won't even trade Thad Young. They won't be buying out Porter.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#8 » by slos » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:51 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Midds (38)/Barnes (10)
Giannis (28)/Barnes (20)

Why acquire Barnes bloated contract when you can get a better player in Bjelica?

We need more an athletic combo forward Barnes/healthy Porter type player than a traditional and slower backup PF like Bjelica.

Midds is our only SF and when he sits we lose too much size playing with Pat and/or Forbes. Craig and Thanasis have the athleticism, but this is all they’ve got and you can’t rely on them in the playoffs.

Barnes can cover both Midds and Giannis and play with them in crunch time. Bjelica is a better Ilyasova, which is good but doesn’t move the needle.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#9 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:13 pm

slos wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Midds (38)/Barnes (10)
Giannis (28)/Barnes (20)

We need more an athletic combo forward Barnes/healthy Porter type player than a traditional and slower backup PF like Bjelica.

Midds is our only SF and when he sits we lose too much size playing with Pat and/or Forbes. Craig and Thanasis have the athleticism, but this is all they’ve got and you can’t rely on them in the playoffs.

Barnes can cover both Midds and Giannis and play with them in crunch time. Bjelica is a better Ilyasova, which is good but doesn’t move the needle.

Bjelica is a better defender at the 4, and Barnes isn't athletic. Bjelica is a better shooter, ballhandler, and passer, he's even been used as the ballhandler in the pick and roll.

Plus, you don't have to deal Brook to get Bjelica, leaving assets to address the massive hole behind our starting backcourt.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,396

Post#10 » by RogerMurdock » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:37 pm

I don't feel like sifting through all the old, long threads, so apologies if this has already been suggested, but I think the Bucks should try to trade DJ Wilson for someone good.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#11 » by Siefer » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:04 pm

I think we have 7 guys to cut it right now, and we're cobbling the last 2-3 spots out of spiderwebs and sawdust from night to night. We'll be able to squeeze a bit more out of our top 7 come playoffs, but I still think we're desperate for a backup PG, and I'd be happy to bring on another big as well.

Jrue/?
DDV/PatC
Middleton/PatC
Giannis/Portis
Brook/Portis

I'd love the knock Pat down the ladder, but I don't think that's happening this season. As is, he's giving us 15-20 solid minutes a night at the wing spots. I keep trying to figure out a Rubio trade without taking a chainsaw to the roster, but his $17 million deal is a killer.
crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#12 » by crowhead76 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:06 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:I don't feel like sifting through all the old, long threads, so apologies if this has already been suggested, but I think the Bucks should try to trade DJ Wilson for someone good.

When sifting through team rosters, I keep coming up with Detroit as a possibly landing place where he may have some value. They are a team that has continued to take on other teams draft busts. DJW would seem to be a natural fit not only because of the teams positional needs but also because he played college ball at Michigan. If the Bucks can find a team that values DJA then a 3 team trade may be a possibility with Delon Wright being the Bucks ultimate target.

Wright is under contract through next year and his salary drops to 8.5mil next season.

Adding Delon Wright and then a wing defender with length to handle small ball 4 duties on the buy out market would be best case scenario in my opinion.
Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
BigO
Veteran
And1: 2,939

Post#13 » by BigO » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:09 pm

Quit trying to rearrange the deck chairs. Let's deal with the real problem and it's not personnel. Trade Bud to the Raptors for Nick Nurse and throw in two more draft choices to make it happen. We get better, the Raptors get worse and Horst can't throw away any more draft choices for the forseeable future.

Or forget Nurse and trade for any number of better coaches in the league.
slappyg
Junior
And1: 269

Post#14 » by slappyg » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:32 pm

A lot of talk about Donte or Brook being the problem but the real problem is that we went all in on the Holiday trade and although he is good, he doesn't take us to the level we need to be.

Using our assets of Bledsoe, Hill, DJW, Donte, Brook and three 1st round picks could have netted Vucevic, Lavine and Lonzo. For the Lavine haters, he is much better than Bogdan.

A starting 5 of:

Lonzo
Lavine
Middleton
Giannis
Vucevic

That would be tough to beat
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#15 » by mcfromage » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:33 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
slos wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Bjelica is a better defender at the 4, and Barnes isn't athletic. Bjelica is a better shooter, ballhandler, and passer, he's even been used as the ballhandler in the pick and roll.

Plus, you don't have to deal Brook to get Bjelica, leaving assets to address the massive hole behind our starting backcourt.

Sidestepping the question of Barnes vs Bjelica, I would say that Barnes has been great this year offensively and that I think he’d fit in well with our group.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#16 » by chonestown » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:44 pm

BigO wrote:Quit trying to rearrange the deck chairs. Let's deal with the real problem and it's not personnel. Trade Bud to the Raptors for Nick Nurse and throw in two more draft choices to make it happen. We get better, the Raptors get worse and Horst can't throw away any more draft choices for the forseeable future.

Or forget Nurse and trade for any number of better coaches in the league.

Probably better off waiting for the NCAA tournament to wrap up and getting a good college coach once eliminated. Bucks just don't have draft capital to get Nurse, Carlisle, Spo or whomever. Would think those teams would want to hold onto their current coaches.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#17 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 3:53 pm

Siefer wrote:I think we have 7 guys to cut it right now, and we're cobbling the last 2-3 spots out of spiderwebs and sawdust from night to night. We'll be able to squeeze a bit more out of our top 7 come playoffs, but I still think we're desperate for a backup PG, and I'd be happy to bring on another big as well.

Jrue/?
DDV/PatC
Middleton/PatC
Giannis/Portis
Brook/Portis

I'd love the knock Pat down the ladder, but I don't think that's happening this season. As is, he's giving us 15-20 solid minutes a night at the wing spots. I keep trying to figure out a Rubio trade without taking a chainsaw to the roster, but his $17 million deal is a killer.

I came here to post exactly this. I think we have seven guys you can legitimately play in a playoff series right now. I feel like Augustin and Forbes will be targeted relentlessly on the defensive side of the floor, and both really only offer floor spacing with not much ability to create on the offensive side. I'm sure they will both play if we don't make roster changes, but that isn't that inspiring.

Pat, if he keeps up his shooting, is playable. He's a strong defender, even though he offers little in terms of ball handling and creating. Portis works well as the PF next to Giannis given his rebounding ability and three point ability. He's also far more mobile on perimeter switches than Brook. I wouldn't be surprised to see Portis around 30 mpg in the playoffs.

I'd like to add one more bench guy that moves Pat to 8th in the rotation.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#18 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 9, 2021 4:04 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:I don't feel like sifting through all the old, long threads, so apologies if this has already been suggested, but I think the Bucks should try to trade DJ Wilson for someone good.

Love this.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,621

Post#19 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Mar 9, 2021 4:24 pm

Zach Lowe emphasizing that the Bucks will make an effort to find a 6th/7th man upgrade. Simmons mentions, what about a 4th/5th man upgrade? Both agree that if your closing playoff lineup, with Giannis at center, includes Donte & Pat then you’re in trouble and I tend to agree.

Unfortunately we’re in a very difficult spot to try and upgrade the 4th/5th guy.

I do think now would be the time to include Donte in a trade for a player who you have more trust in during a playoff series. Donte was terrible last year until the last game or two, when we were already dead in the water.
#FreeChuckDiesel
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 987

Post#20 » by German Athens » Tue Mar 9, 2021 4:35 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Zach Lowe emphasizing that the Bucks will make an effort to find a 6th/7th man upgrade. Simmons mentions, what about a 4th/5th man upgrade? Both agree that if your closing playoff lineup, with Giannis at center, includes Donte & Pat then you’re in trouble and I tend to agree.

Unfortunately we’re in a very difficult spot to try and upgrade the 4th/5th guy.

I do think now would be the time to include Donte in a trade for a player who you have more trust in during a playoff series. Donte was terrible last year until the last game or two, when we were already dead in the water.

Did they think pat was our 5th guy, because by upgrading our 6/7th spot we may very possibly be replacing pat in the closing 5, and we’d no longer trot out both Donte & pat. Or were they saying that neither of those two should be in a closing 5?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks