All-Star Game Weekend Registers No Positive COVID-19 Tests

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

All-Star Game Weekend Registers No Positive COVID-19 Tests 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 9, 2021 7:14 am

No players, coaches, or officials tested positive for COVID-19 over All-Star weekend.

"All players, coaches, and game officials were tested for COVID three times after arriving in Atlanta, including a final test immediately prior to last night's All-Star Game. Each of those tests returned a negative result, confirming no one on the court for last night's events was infected," released the league in a statement.

Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons left Atlanta early due to contact tracing.

Both Embiid and Simmons have continued to return negative tests, though it is unclear whether they will be available for the Sixers' game on Thursday. 

Via ESPN

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: All-Star Game Weekend Registers No Positive COVID-19 Tests 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 9, 2021 6:53 pm

ummm it just happened ? I think the misunderstanding of how this can "hide" during its incubation is giving a false sense of confidence about testing results. At least the vaccines are available...
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,155

Post#3 » by Edrees » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:07 am

Stillwater wrote:ummm it just happened ? I think the misunderstanding of how this can "hide" during its incubation is giving a false sense of confidence about testing results. At least the vaccines are available...

Lol yeah, if 1 person just got it before boarding his plane, he could have already given it to 50 other players with no positive tests yet. We'll truly find out in 2 weeks.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:56 am

Edrees wrote:
Stillwater wrote:ummm it just happened ? I think the misunderstanding of how this can "hide" during its incubation is giving a false sense of confidence about testing results. At least the vaccines are available...

Lol yeah, if 1 person just got it before boarding his plane, he could have already given it to 50 other players with no positive tests yet. We'll truly find out in 2 weeks.

I am pretty sure we wont ever find out but yeah
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Wiretap Discussion