Around the NBA XI

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1181 » by Beethoven » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:29 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Do not want Drummond or whiteside. Dont like subpar work ethic guys intermingling with this group.
Once AD comes to full speed and if we sign Jones to some more contracts, we should be good to go as a team.

I think you are underestimating the affect LeBron, AD, and Vogel can have on a player.

I get it, but sorry, i dont really buy that... at any company the hiring manager doesnt just pick any candidate w a subpar characteristic like bad work ethic, thinking the leadership will have a positive affect on the new hire.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1182 » by iamworthy » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:18 pm

Beethoven wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Do not want Drummond or whiteside. Dont like subpar work ethic guys intermingling with this group.
Once AD comes to full speed and if we sign Jones to some more contracts, we should be good to go as a team.

I think you are underestimating the affect LeBron, AD, and Vogel can have on a player.

I get it, but sorry, i dont really buy that... at any company the hiring manager doesnt just pick any candidate w a subpar characteristic like bad work ethic, thinking the leadership will have a positive affect on the new hire.

1. I think you are really under valuing what good leadership can do. Nobody wanted to touch Dwight Howard last year to the point where the Lakers made him have sit down meetings with AD and LeBron just to get the green light. He came here, played, and we had no problems. And honestly, I could careless what Drummond has done in Detroit and Cleveland.... It's Detroit and Cleveland. In Pelinka I trust.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#1183 » by BEazy » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:50 pm

I would want Drummond if we looking at Cs. Drummond is 27 years old, same age as AD. Drummond would probably stay with the Lakers if he wins the chip with them and we have the 5 and 4 position locked up for years.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#1184 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 9, 2021 1:41 am

DRUMMOND AINT GONNA CHANGE NOTHING...WHITESIDE HOWEVER CAN BECAUSE THERES A DOG IN HIM LEBRON WILL BRING OUT
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1185 » by kblo247 » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:44 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I would want Drummond if we looking at Cs. Drummond is 27 years old, same age as AD. Drummond would probably stay with the Lakers if he wins the chip with them and we have the 5 and 4 position locked up for years.

If the lakers get Drummond I’m go say KCP for the win. They were teammates in Detroit and got along good. Pistons saw them as core pieces too with the offers they gave them. KCP just walked away and Drummond couldn’t from that much money which is why he’s in Cleveland now and hasn’t already gotten bought out like Blake.

Drummond would be a one year rental. Then you would have to give him an exemption this coming summer to get any kind of rights on him. It’s a slippery slope when it comes to taking less because he’s a big and as a big he’s go be 29-30 by the time we can really pay him if he chose to come and then stay. I mean the league ain’t about paying bigs anymore so I can see it being ugly on his pockets long term if he placed LA over making Brooklyn pay him their dpe. Heck last year our dpe is the only reason we got Kieff as we paid him more than any protracted vet mins out there.

I think the solution is simple though if you luck out and get him:

Drummond starts and Marc backs him up.

Trez goes down to the 4 and you keep ADs minutes low.

Bron starts and the 10-15 mins behind him goes to Kieff as he’s shown he’s productive with regular time and is a playoff player. Plus he and trez can switch anything.

KCP starts and Kuz splits time with him meaning D and shooting are much improved from the Wes/THT sg backup by committee we have going on where Wes can’t hit a shot and THT is hunted to screw up on D

Dennis and AC handle the pg spot between them

THT, Wes, and Mickinney are 11-13. You suppress the value of tht and offers he may get. You offer Wes up to see if he wants to be traded for regular time or keep him for spots.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1186 » by iamworthy » Tue Mar 9, 2021 4:46 am

Jason Williams basketball takes are so wild I think he's doing it on purpose.
BEazy
RealGM

Post#1187 » by BEazy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:21 am

Looks like Drummond will sign with the Nets or Flippers. People are saying he never had interest in the Lakers...

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#1188 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:51 am

Well, Mr. Aldridge just popped up on the Radar. Appearantly Spurs and LA are parting ways.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#1189 » by Beethoven » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:55 pm

Nice .I hope he goes to a good home before retiring.
I do hope management is not considering him. I dont want his addition to be diluting our team efficiency..whatever we have left of it.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
kblo247
RealGM

Post#1190 » by kblo247 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 am

iamworthy wrote:
Beethoven wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

1. I think you are really under valuing what good leadership can do. Nobody wanted to touch Dwight Howard last year to the point where the Lakers made him have sit down meetings with AD and LeBron just to get the green light. He came here, played, and we had no problems. And honestly, I could careless what Drummond has done in Detroit and Cleveland.... It's Detroit and Cleveland. In Pelinka I trust.

But you are ignoring that Dwight wasn't even told bye or given a bunch of we will miss yous like Rondo or Javale were by AD, Bron, Kuz, and others. Dwight was on good behavior but was still something to take and handle for a year.

Now the two things I think people keep overlooking are

1) Drummond fired Pelinka as his agent

2) Blake, Jordan, Drummond, and Aldridge all share an agent
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1191 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:14 am

Well see. If we don't get needs filled and blow this title run, this will all be laid on the feet of Pelinka
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1192 » by iamworthy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:33 am

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Beethoven wrote:I get it, but sorry, i dont really buy that... at any company the hiring manager doesnt just pick any candidate w a subpar characteristic like bad work ethic, thinking the leadership will have a positive affect on the new hire.

But you are ignoring that Dwight wasn't even told bye or given a bunch of we will miss yous like Rondo or Javale were by AD, Bron, Kuz, and others. Dwight was on good behavior but was still something to take and handle for a year.

But what does that have to do with taking a guy who was perceived as a problem, and under our leadership( Lebron, AD) being put on the right path?
BEazy
RealGM

Post#1193 » by BEazy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:37 am

I also heard from somewhere that when KCP left the Pistons he called out Drummond for not being focused all the time. So, I think it's more likely Lakers get Whiteside than Drummond. All of Drummond's buddies are on the Flippers as well.

iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1194 » by iamworthy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I also heard from somewhere that when KCP left the Pistons he called out Drummond for not being focused all the time. So, I think it's more likely Lakers get Whiteside than Drummond. All of Drummond's buddies are on the Flippers.

But the clippers dont need him unless they plan on benching zubac.
BEazy
RealGM

Post#1195 » by BEazy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:46 am

iamworthy wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:I also heard from somewhere that when KCP left the Pistons he called out Drummond for not being focused all the time. So, I think it's more likely Lakers get Whiteside than Drummond. All of Drummond's buddies are on the Flippers.

I would bench Zubac if I got Drummond.

kblo247
RealGM

Post#1196 » by kblo247 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:05 pm

iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

But what does that have to do with taking a guy who was perceived as a problem, and under our leadership( Lebron, AD) being put on the right path?

Im saying that yes they led Dwight and he helped but he wore his welcome out quick. No one clamored for him to be back or he would be back. They didn’t move around pieces and cut ropes to bring him back like they did Kieff. They didn’t wish him well like Javale or Rondo.

It’s a lot to assume they want to lead or better yet babysit a Whiteside. They may not want to babysit an in his prime Drummond either who is known to break plays and try to get his numbers which is what he’s known for.

Honestly to me the best hope they have of everyone being happy is Javale gets traded to another team. The lakers swap seconds and cash with them on the low. Then Javale gets bought out and comes back since he’s liked here, doesn’t complain, and knows his role and
kblo247
RealGM

Post#1197 » by kblo247 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:07 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

I would bench Zubac if I got Drummond.

Even without Drummond if they see Denver again they better bench him in the playoffs because as much as people talk about Jokic exploiting Harrell ... Murray exploited the **** out of all the mins Zu was on the floor in pick and roll defense to feast on them because he’s a bad space defender
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#1198 » by mcscotty » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:53 pm

As bad as we've been lately, the Clippers have been worse. Take some comfort in that.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#1199 » by Beethoven » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:35 pm

mcscotty wrote:As bad as we've been lately, the Clippers have been worse. Take some comfort in that.

Not worried about clippers. Im looking at the juggernaut nets.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1200 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:27 am

We can take down the Nets. But its gonna take more than talent alone. We need Chemistry. Championship chemistry. Which is why we can't dump all of our experienced guys. Those are the Horry's, Fishers, BShaw, Ty Lue type guys who over match the opponents because they know and believe in each other. Those Nets Role players will fold in crunch time. And I believe in a Caruso, or a kcp, even a kuzma to step up when least expected. Moreso than the other teams role guys. Weve gotta retain more of our TEAM guys, rather than just Load Up.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers