ImageImageImage

Potential Buyout Guys

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,925

Potential Buyout Guys 

Post#1 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:49 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Any interest from our end? Who are you going to waive/trade? Are we even a team of interest from any of these guys?
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Re: Potential Buyout Guys 

Post#2 » by robdog_5 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Drummond gets bought out and goes to lakers.
Aldridge leaning towards bought out and ends up in Portland
Tucker gets dealt for I'm guessing Bucks
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,604

Post#3 » by Green89 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:07 pm

robdog_5 wrote:Drummond gets bought out and goes to lakers.

I doubt LMA goes back to Portland. He chose to leave them and Dame's comments about them potentially winning a title if he stayed probably didn't go over too well. He'll probably want a stronger contender, anyway.
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#4 » by JediMasterRevan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:07 pm

What about OPJ?
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#5 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:01 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:What about OPJ?

I would take him. I've even said, I would take him for the vet min before I trade assets for Barnes. Use the TPE elsewhere that way.
robdog_5
Veteran

Post#6 » by robdog_5 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Green89 wrote:

I doubt LMA goes back to Portland. He chose to leave them and Dame's comments about them potentially winning a title if he stayed probably didn't go over too well. He'll probably want a stronger contender, anyway.

Good to know. I didn't know there was any lingering effects.

I don't know who else needs a big. He probably ends up in LA (either squad), Heat or Nets. Seems like everybody will load up.
robdog_5
Veteran

Post#7 » by robdog_5 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:18 pm

I think you may have JJ Reddick get bought out too.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#8 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:33 pm

robdog_5 wrote:I think you may have JJ Reddick get bought out too.

I hope that does happen. I think we need a player like him (Nesmith maybe down the line, but we need someone ready now). I've actually wondered if there's some type of deal to be made with the Pelicans that gives us Ball & Redick. Ball being the primary target but instead of them needing to buy Redick out, we simply acquire him. They'd both fit in the TPE but I think we'd want to shed some salary to stay under the tax.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#9 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Whatever slob that doesn’t want Brooklyn, la or Miami or Philly shall be ours!!!
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,572

Post#10 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:06 pm

There could be a lot of them if they don't get traded. Need an open roster spot
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#11 » by Ernest » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:27 pm

CsBsSoxPhins wrote:

I hope that does happen. I think we need a player like him (Nesmith maybe down the line, but we need someone ready now). I've actually wondered if there's some type of deal to be made with the Pelicans that gives us Ball & Redick. Ball being the primary target but instead of them needing to buy Redick out, we simply acquire him. They'd both fit in the TPE but I think we'd want to shed some salary to stay under the tax.

I like that idea. For salary, maybe TT or maybe even Kemba. But as much as people have **** all over those 2 all year long, losing them would hurt.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#12 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:55 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Whatever slob that doesn’t want Brooklyn, la or Miami or Philly shall be ours!!!

Yah, lol— no buy out guy is gonna say “i want to go to a run-of-the-mill .500 playoff team in the East over a true contender”
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#13 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Celtics in the buyout market is the equivalent of all the newly single cheerleaders running to the star football players while the Celtics wait and hope they can land the less attractive marching band girl with the nice personality.
*Insert witty signature here.*
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#14 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Ernest wrote:
CsBsSoxPhins wrote:

I like that idea. For salary, maybe TT or maybe even Kemba. But as much as people have **** all over those 2 all year long, losing them would hurt.

It definitely gets tricky. Losing Kemba would hurt, no doubt in my mind. He may struggle at times but he still commands attention that will otherwise be shifted to the Jays. Losing TT would hurt, more so because of the lack of depth. We are three centers deep right now because we need to be, IMO. Theis is solid as a rock but inevitably gets in foul trouble and is lackluster in certain matchups. Timelord is still raw and we haven't seen what it looks like having him play significant minutes. Thompson is necessary. If he were to be moved, I think we need to bring a center we could reasonably call on if needed.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#15 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:41 pm

robdog_5 wrote:
Green89 wrote:

Good to know. I didn't know there was any lingering effects.

I don't know who else needs a big. He probably ends up in LA (either squad), Heat or Nets. Seems like everybody will load up.

No. He does want to go back there. They’ve talked about it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825332-lamarcus-aldridge-has-discussed-returning-to-trail-blazers-with-damian-lillard

Aldridge left the Portland Trail Blazers for the San Antonio Spurs as a free agent in 2015, but the seven-time All-Star told Jason Quick of The Athletic on Tuesday that he remains in touch with Lillard.

"I keep telling him I'm going to come back and finish [in Portland]," Aldridge said. "That's something him and I have talked about—playing together again
."
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#16 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:17 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Whatever slob that doesn’t want Brooklyn, la or Miami or Philly shall be ours!!!

Yah, lol— no buy out guy is gonna say “i want to go to a run-of-the-mill .500 playoff team in the East over a true contender”

That’s the whole joke
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#17 » by SMTBSI » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:40 pm

Yeah, we're not going to be super high on anyone's wish list.

Maybe the only saving grace is that we're still sitting on the full BAE (~3.6mil). So if anyone would like an extra $mil instead of a ring, we might be able to get in on it.
flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,780

Post#18 » by flintsky21 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:51 pm

My predictions:

LMA goes to Miami.

Drummond to Lakers.

Tucker to Milwaukee.

Ainge is happy with his team.
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,619

Post#19 » by SLCceltic » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:09 pm

LmA makes soo much sense for us ! He has to see himself as a missing piece ....we don't have anyone with his size plus offensive skill

kemba or lowry
JB
JT
LmA
timelord

Smart
....we would have a shot, smart semi and rob D vs Nets big 3 plus LmA getting buckets and moving the ball

LmA is old but still an alpha ....highly skilled offense Alpha !
ROYALGREEN
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,604

Post#20 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Celtics in the buyout market is the equivalent of all the newly single cheerleaders running to the star football players while the Celtics wait and hope they can land the less attractive marching band girl with the nice personality.

There are no newly single cheerleaders in this buyout market. They are all tuba players who make their own clothes.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit

Return to Boston Celtics