ImageImageImage

Svi traded for Diallo

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Svi traded for Diallo 

Post#1 » by Shooter1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:19 am

Hamidou Diallo was traded to the Pistons in exchange for Svi Mykhailiuk and a second-round pick, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports.
The second round pick is in 2027 and comes via Houston. Diallo, who will be a restricted free agent this summer, is viewed as a "core player" by the Pistons and should get a huge opportunity on his new team. He's worth a speculative pickup and looked really good whenever he got extended minutes for the Thunder this season, though he is currently sidelined by a mild groin injury. In five fill-in starts for OKC, Diallo flashed his upside with 16.6 points, 8.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.6 steals, 0.6 blocks and 0.4 triples on 44% shooting..
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Re: Svi traded for Diallo 

Post#2 » by Kilo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:24 am

Why is Detroit giving up the pick here? Diallo has done nothing at the NBA level. Svi can at least shoot the three.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#3 » by vege » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:24 am

Are we giving away a 2nd here? I'm confused, but not surprised if that's correct, Troy Weaver got robbed in every trade so far, this wouldn't be different.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#4 » by mattao313 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:25 am

Read on Twitter
Championships
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#5 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:27 am

Weaver is like the underpants gnome with 2nd round picks.

Trade away all 2nd round picks.
Championship
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#6 » by mattao313 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:28 am

I always feel like other GM's take advantage of Weaver
Championships
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#7 » by dVs33 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:29 am

Svi has sucked this year and he’s been in and out of the rotation, so it’s not a surprised that he’s being moved.
Not sure why we’re giving up a pick tho
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#8 » by Pharaoh » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:31 am

LMAO - obviously no one saw Diallo play when he started.

"We're giving the 2nd?" You bet we are!

Nice pick up for us BUT:

IF I was Sekou I'd be nervous af right now:

He's the last dude remaining from last season

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#9 » by dVs33 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:32 am

It’s clear weaver loves his athletic guys, but some of them need to be able to shoot. We’ll see how it goes.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#10 » by dVs33 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:33 am

Pharaoh wrote:LMAO - obviously no one saw Diallo play when he started.

"We're giving the 2nd?" You bet we are!

Nice pick up for us BUT:

IF I was Sekou I'd be nervous af right now:

He's the last dude remaining from last season

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app

I definitely haven’t watched him much :lol:
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#11 » by thesack12 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:35 am

LOL, and people thought Bruce Brown can't shoot the 3. Diallo is completely abysmal from deep and the FT line, especially for a wing.

Why Weaver feels compelled to gift away 2nd rounders with like every trade he takes part in is beyond me.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#12 » by DNice68 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:36 am

vege wrote:Are we giving away a 2nd here? I'm confused, but not surprised if that's correct, Troy Weaver got robbed in every trade so far, this wouldn't be different.

I swear we have some dumbass fans!
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#13 » by Piston Pete » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:38 am

Downgrade in shooting

Upgrade in athleticism

Not crazy about the trade, but can’t say it’s bad either. Might be a lateral move overall, if anything.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,687

Post#14 » by zeebneeb » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:39 am

Stop complaining about 2nd round picks. They are used as trade filler all the time, and getting them back is easy as hell.

Examine the damn player swap. In that sense, it's impossible to know what the team is getting exactly, but in the end Svi was playing terribly, and the old gaurd is all but washed away now, something ALL of us wanted.
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 549

Post#15 » by guldakot » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:42 am

I like this as Svi has shown nothing this year, and Diallo although a crappy shooter, plays the passing lanes well and can create to a small degree. Plus he can jump out of the gym, and makes a nice lob target on the wing for Hayes/(cunningham?) eventually. He interesting in that he percentages seem directly tied to his play time, the more he plays, the better he shoots etc. Defensively hes a decent upgrade from Svi as well. I don't like handing out 2nd's but this one is 6 years down the road and I think its Houston's, Diallo has enough potential upside that I like the move.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#16 » by DNice68 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:42 am

zeebneeb wrote:Stop complaining about 2nd round picks. They are used as trade filler all the time, and getting them back is easy as hell.

Examine the damn player swap. In that sense, it's impossible to know what the team is getting exactly, but in the end Svi was playing terribly, and the old gaurd is all but washed away now, something ALL of us wanted.

Plus the second round pick is in 2027. This is why I said “we got some dumbass fans”!
Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#17 » by Shooter1 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:43 am

DNice68 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Stop complaining about 2nd round picks. They are used as trade filler all the time, and getting them back is easy as hell.

Plus the second round pick is in 2027. This is why I said “we got some dumbass fans”!

2nd rounder was one we got from Hou.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#18 » by thesack12 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:45 am

You're right they are used for filler all the time... With Detroit sending them out.

Its easy to say they are useless or easy to aquire right now, but I'll remember that on all these upcoming draft days when dudes start to fall down the board which will inevitably lead to numerous "I wish we had a 2nd to draft _______" posts.

I don't particularly care that Svi got moved, I just personally don't see the upside in this trade. Its a swap of meh to bad caliber players and both are free agents to be. To me its just a simple matter of Weaver bringing in one of his former draft picks with OKC, which on the surface is fine but nothing worth getting excited about, especially since Detroit is attaching an extra asset.
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#19 » by GBanga3 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:48 am

I mean everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but if you’re complaining about this please stop.

Svi stunk this year, poor defender, not a bad shot.
There’s guys here in Australia playing NBL that could step in and do a better job than him straight away.

Dudes possibly out of the league and back home in Euro soon enough.

Another great move by Weaver.
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#20 » by GBanga3 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:49 am

thesack12 wrote:

You're right they are used for filler all the time... With Detroit sending them out.

Its easy to say they are useless or easy to aquire right now, but I'll remember that on all these upcoming draft days when dudes start to fall down the board which will inevitably lead to numerous "I wish we had a 2nd to draft _______" posts.

I don't particularly care that Svi got moved, I just personally don't see the upside in this trade. Its a swap of meh to bad caliber players and both are free agents to be. To me its just a simple matter of Weaver bringing in one of his former draft picks with OKC, which on the surface is fine but nothing worth getting excited about, especially since Detroit is attaching an extra asset.

This method hasn’t let him down yet.
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-

Return to Detroit Pistons