Post#761 » by Paradise » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:56 pm

This is hilarious lmao!

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: A Tech Guy with a Jumper - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#762 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:08 pm

^
I know, Spencer was great. He's a really clever thinker on the fly, he's probably gonna be an awesome broadcaster after he retires.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#763 » by Paradise » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:10 am

Spencer scrimmages with Nickeil Alexander Walker & 2021 NBA prospect Evan Mobley.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,745

Post#764 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:10 pm

Paradise wrote:Spencer scrimmages with Nickeil Alexander Walker & 2021 NBA prospect Evan Mobley.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's good to see Spencer out and running, I was kind of worried he might have had lingering after effects from covid.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

A Tech Guy with a Jumper - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread  

Post#765 » by Paradise » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Spencer announcing he’s parted ways with Roc Nation management.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#766 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:25 am

Paradise wrote:Spencer announcing he’s parted ways with Roc Nation management.

Read on Twitter

Not a surprise. Spencer isn't stupid, he can probably negotiate on his own without having to pay the middle man.

I hope he stays with us but i doubt it. He definitely could play his way into a max contract and starting role elsewhere after a run with us in 2020-21.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#767 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:13 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:Spencer announcing he’s parted ways with Roc Nation management.

Read on Twitter

Not a surprise. Spencer isn't stupid, he can probably negotiate on his own without having to pay the middle man.

I hope he stays with us but i doubt it. He definitely could play his way into a max contract and starting role elsewhere after a run with us in 2020-21.

I’ve been saying this for awhile, and it’s not the perfect analogy, but this has been a little something like when the Grizzlies had Conley and Lowery at the same time.

If he isn’t used to acquire a star I’d for love him to stay here, but this dude is too good to not be a starter, or at least not have a more defined role and not be in trade talks every minute of every day.

Basically, one of him or LeVert needs to be moved before the ‘21-22 season and if he isn’t extended by the deadline it’s playing with fire to keep him.

Then again, if a great deal doesn’t present itself and he keeps his frustrations in check, it would be better to keep him for one season and make a run at it and watch him walk, then it would to deal him for some schlub for the sake of it.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#768 » by GTR11 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
GTR11
RealGM

Post#769 » by GTR11 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Marks worst kept secret lol. He never leak a damn thing but Din is under microscope and like of Woj and Shams with their connects will sell their souls to get any info.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I believe its pretty clear. Its up to Din to decide if he wants to stay. I have no doubt we going to match any offer, we have no assets to speak of and definitely not going to get player as good as Din.
6's still holding first seed and Morey ain't made a move yet. Tsai definitely wants to beat up on them and we as a fans going to be winners here.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#770 » by HardenGoat » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:35 pm

PJ is a 35 year old rental, that's going to be a problem for a trade by any playoff team. I think he gets bought out
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#771 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:46 am

GTR11 wrote:Marks worst kept secret lol. He never leak a damn thing but Din is under microscope and like of Woj and Shams with their connects will sell their souls to get any info.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I believe its pretty clear. Its up to Din to decide if he wants to stay. I have no doubt we going to match any offer, we have no assets to speak of and definitely not going to get player as good as Din.
6's still holding first seed and Morey ain't made a move yet. Tsai definitely wants to beat up on them and we as a fans going to be winners here.

I think the Nets just don't want Tucker. Why bring in a 35 year old guy griping about wanting his next deal that won't move the needle for this team. He'd be behind KD, DJ, Green at a minimum. Then you look at the next group of guys, and whether he brings anything that Griffin, Claxton & Brown can't give you. He doesn't.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#772 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:14 am

I would love to add another versatile defender as a free agent, but honestly, PJ is not at the top of my list. Last year, he was still effective. This season, he can't shoot and his defense has fallen off. Gimme Rondae anyday over him.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM

Post#773 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Progress

Read on Twitter
?s=20
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#774 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:53 am

Got a feeling we'll be seeing Dinwiddie again this season in some capacity, no ones going to be expecting major minutes from him on this team so if he can show some sparks in limited minutes in the playoffs that's going to earn him a lot of money.

Can't ask for a better backup guard than that, he's better than anyone at the position on the buyout market easily
GTR11
RealGM

Post#775 » by GTR11 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:01 am

sashaturiaf wrote:Got a feeling we'll be seeing Dinwiddie again this season in some capacity, no ones going to be expecting major minutes from him on this team so if he can show some sparks in limited minutes in the playoffs that's going to earn him a lot of money.

Can't ask for a better backup guard than that, he's better than anyone at the position on the buyout market easily

70% Din is still better than Brown, Shamet and TJ, thats not debatable.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#776 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 am

I'm glad we kept Din. We don't have everything I would like, but in terms of pure quality of player, no one we could trade for Dinwiddie even comes close to his talent level.

We still have two roster spots open, at least 1 if you figure we keep Alize (I'm not convinced off of 1 great game). Redick went to Dallas, they really need a sniper so they probably keep him. Drummond sounds like a strong Lakers lean, which is honestly fine with me. Aldridge didn't have us high on his list, which also doesn't hurt my feelings.

If Whiteside, Porter, Dieng or another veteran defender accepts a buyout, I hope we pursue. Otherwise, let's wait and continue to audition hungry youngsters with 10-days. One of them could be a real gem a la Josh Richardson or PJ Tucker.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#777 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:48 am

It looks like Spencer didn't want to be traded.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#778 » by Prokorov » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:57 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I'm glad we kept Din. We don't have everything I would like, but in terms of pure quality of player, no one we could trade for Dinwiddie even comes close to his talent level.

We still have two roster spots open, at least 1 if you figure we keep Alize (I'm not convinced off of 1 great game). Redick went to Dallas, they really need a sniper so they probably keep him. Drummond sounds like a strong Lakers lean, which is honestly fine with me. Aldridge didn't have us high on his list, which also doesn't hurt my feelings.

If Whiteside, Porter, Dieng or another veteran defender accepts a buyout, I hope we pursue. Otherwise, let's wait and continue to audition hungry youngsters with 10-days. One of them could be a real gem a la Josh Richardson or PJ Tucker.

We are calling whitside and porter defenders?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#779 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:30 am

Dinwiddie is basically all but saying that hes coming back for the playoffs.

Read on Twitter

I don't know how much to read into this, but I would he assume he knows his body and when he can come back.

I can't even imagine how good we could be with Dinwiddie off the bench if he can even be 80% of himself.

Harden/Dinwiddie
Kyrie/Shamet
Harris/Green
KD/Blake
Claxton/Aldridge

It's almost not fair to not play at all guys like Bruce Brown, Deandre Jordan or Tyler Johnson. But what choice do we have?
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,823

Post#780 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:15 am

I think Dinwiddie will be back this season and Id guess that Marks and the FO think the same. No attempt had been made to strengthen the backcourt even though right now I'd say the frontcourt had more depth than the backcourt.

Return to Brooklyn Nets