What’s happening with NAW?

Moderator: bwgood77

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

What’s happening with NAW? 

Post#1 » by Bensational » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:43 am

I’ve never visited this board before but it doesn’t look super active. I was a big NAW fan during the draft (also a big Kira fan). Love seeing Kira get some run but what lead to NAW falling out of the lineup?
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 958

Re: What’s happening with NAW? 

Post#2 » by BuddyBuckets » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:16 am

NAW shows a lot of promise but aside from his big game vs the Clips he just can't make his shots, and seems to have a knack for silly turnovers. I'm sure he'll get another opportunity but now isn't his time.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#3 » by Bensational » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:31 pm

BuddyBuckets wrote:NAW shows a lot of promise but aside from his big game vs the Clips he just can't make his shots, and seems to have a knack for silly turnovers. I'm sure he'll get another opportunity but now isn't his time.

Is he taking his shots within the rhythm of the game, or forcing things?

What kind of silly turnovers is he making? Failed fancy passes or something?

How does he look in comparison to Kira? Kira looks quite poised and smooth on the court in the times I've seen him this season.
BuddyBuckets
Rookie
And1: 958

Post#4 » by BuddyBuckets » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:00 am

Bensational wrote:
BuddyBuckets wrote:NAW shows a lot of promise but aside from his big game vs the Clips he just can't make his shots, and seems to have a knack for silly turnovers. I'm sure he'll get another opportunity but now isn't his time.

Is he taking his shots within the rhythm of the game, or forcing things?

What kind of silly turnovers is he making? Failed fancy passes or something?

How does he look in comparison to Kira? Kira looks quite poised and smooth on the court in the times I've seen him this season.

I guess there's a fine line between being aggressive and forcing things. I'd say he's just being aggressive. Vast majority of his 3s are within the flow of the offense or end of the shot clock. He does fancy himself to get to the rim/beat his man off the dribble so he's aggressive in that sense.

I guess turnover-wise my take aways have been he sometimes just doesn't read the play, some bad passes occur, or he drives and gets a bit stuck. As a fan you kinda just have those moments where you think 'SVG gonna have words about that one'
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,589

Post#5 » by Skybox » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:50 pm

I love SVG, but when he was in ORL, I kind of felt he did very little to develop the young guys and would happily ride his "known quantities" into the ground...Josh Hart, IMO, has a lower ceiling than NAW but he's very reliable. I'm here trying to explore a NAW trade with ORL...I was surprised that NOLA was named as interested in Aaron Gordon...don't really see the fit next to Zion but...give us NAW and Reddick (buyout?).
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#6 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:29 pm

His jumper is way too slow. He’s never going to be a consistent jump shooter with how slow his shot is. Then add on he isn’t a great athlete and doesn’t move well off the ball, lots of issues for him that prevent him from getting consistent minutes.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans