And1: 31,982

Re: Cavs 2020-21 season 

Post#341 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:54 am

What is Collin doing?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#342 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:19 am

jbk1234 wrote:What is Collin doing?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

maybe he was hacked lol or maybe he knew it would blow up that he liked it... but I doubt it
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#343 » by Revenged25 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:51 am

Maybe he's as fed up with Kevin Love's lack of availability as Kevin Love was with Sexton's play in his rookie season.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#344 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Revenged25 wrote:Maybe he's as fed up with Kevin Love's lack of availability as Kevin Love was with Sexton's play in his rookie season.

We're all fed up with it. But you don't talk about another player stealing money in the NBA. You definitely don't do that with a teammate.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#345 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:25 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:Maybe he's as fed up with Kevin Love's lack of availability as Kevin Love was with Sexton's play in his rookie season.

We're all fed up with it. But you don't talk about another player stealing money in the NBA. You definitely don't do that with a teammate.

Something tells me you're over sensitive to the words and actions of others in real life... I think if anything if he did it on purpose it was because he's comfortable enough with KLove to troll him like that. And the fact is K-LOVE is stealing so there is that too lol
But maybe Dan will give Sexton a trade if thats what he wants tbh i would blame Collin for wanting out at this point
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#346 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Something tells me you're over sensitive to the words and actions of others in real life... I think if anything if he did it on purpose it was because he's comfortable enough with KLove to troll him like that. And the fact is K-LOVE is stealing so there is that too lol
But maybe Dan will give Sexton a trade if thats what he wants tbh i would blame Collin for wanting out at this point

No young guy is getting traded before draft day, and any young guy who deliberately lowers his trade value to the point where it's not worth it for the Cavs, will likely find himself coming off the bench.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#347 » by Revenged25 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

No young guy is getting traded before draft day, and any young guy who deliberately lowers his trade value to the point where it's not worth it for the Cavs, will likely find himself coming off the bench.

Isn't that where you and many others want Sexton anyways?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#348 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Something tells me you're over sensitive to the words and actions of others in real life... I think if anything if he did it on purpose it was because he's comfortable enough with KLove to troll him like that. And the fact is K-LOVE is stealing so there is that too lol

Isn't that where you and many others want Sexton anyways?

I've been pretty clear about my thoughts on Sexton. Either go out and get Lonzo Ball, or start thinking about trading him before you extend him. Now if the Cavs get lucky and can draft Cunningham, maybe they can slide Okoro to the 2 (assuming he improves his three point shot this summer), and move Sexton to the 1 (even if it's in name only). That may work assuming Cade can run the offense half as good as Lamelo has for the Hornets. But if either Garland or Sexton gets us a shot at Cunnigham, I would pull the trigger on that trade in heartbeat.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#349 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

They are not trading Sexton or demoting him for reasons as petty as a button click on twitter. That does not disrespect KLove if anything it disrespects the org that he works for but all for good reason and if he is calling them out they have earned it though who have managed to dig themselves into a deep hole with Loves contract now that he cant play at all, are looking pretty weak for benching Dre to trade him and then not being able to so far etc moving one of the young core with no reasonable asset returning etc.
At some point Altman has to be a little better at his job if things dont start improving fast.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#350 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Something tells me you're over sensitive to the words and actions of others in real life... I think if anything if he did it on purpose it was because he's comfortable enough with KLove to troll him like that. And the fact is K-LOVE is stealing so there is that too lol

They are not trading Sexton or demoting him for reasons as petty as a button click on twitter. That does not disrespect KLove if anything it disrespects the org that he works for but all for good reason and if he is calling them out they have earned it though who have managed to dig themselves into a deep hole with Loves contract now that he cant play at all, are looking pretty weak for benching Dre to trade him and then not being able to so far etc moving one of the young core with no reasonable asset returning etc.
At some point Altman has to be a little better at his job if things dont start improving fast.

My response was in regard to Sexton getting traded was in response to the bolded, which you, not me, raised as a possibility. It's not in Sexton's interests to try to get himself traded by acting out.

As far as the twitter thing, it absolutely disrespects Kevin Love and it's taboo to talk about another player's contract/money in the NBA - especially if it's a teammate. It's type of public statement that can cause problems, not only the team you're on, but any team you might end up on.

Frankly, I think it's a bit of a dated norm as cap space is finite and overpaying teammates can cause problems both for you and the team, but it is a norm and saying it after the damage has been done isn't particularly constructive. Part of me agrees with the sentiment, but I'm a fan. I can say it. Sexton can't.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#351 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 pm

because of the substantial cap jumps, I've always wondered if Sexton was a bit perturbed about Garland(and now Okoro) making a lot more money than he was. It could be seeping out. For reference, the 2019 #8 pick(hayes) made more as a rookie than Sexton did as a second year player. I know salaries are based on draft position and all, but I could see Sexton being pissed about carrying a team and some Vet has barely played and makes 6x as much as he does.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#352 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:50 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:because of the substantial cap jumps, I've always wondered if Sexton was a bit perturbed about Garland(and now Okoro) making a lot more money than he was. It could be seeping out. For reference, the 2019 #8 pick(hayes) made more as a rookie than Sexton did as a second year player. I know salaries are based on draft position and all, but I could see Sexton being pissed about carrying a team and some Vet has barely played and makes 6x as much as he does.

I think it's more about how Love's contract could be impacting an early extension. Sexton, more than any other player on the roster, benefited from Love taking 7 three pointers a game as it really opened up the floor. Love's absence makes it easier to defend Sexton.

As far as Sexton *carrying* the Cavs, we've finished with the second worst record two years in a row and I'm not convinced the end result in terms of wins and losses would've been any different if we had kept Clarkson and gave him all those shots instead.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#353 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:36 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

My response was in regard to Sexton getting traded was in response to the bolded, which you, not me, raised as a possibility. It's not in Sexton's interests to try to get himself traded by acting out.

As far as the twitter thing, it absolutely disrespects Kevin Love and it's taboo to talk about another player's contract/money in the NBA - especially if it's a teammate. It's type of public statement that can cause problems, not only the team you're on, but any team you might end up on.

Frankly, I think it's a bit of a dated norm as cap space is finite and overpaying teammates can cause problems both for you and the team, but it is a norm and saying it after the damage has been done isn't particularly constructive. Part of me agrees with the sentiment, but I'm a fan. I can say it. Sexton can't.

I never suggested with any amount of seriousness that Sexton was getting traded for some cheap twitter click but I would not surprise me if he did do it to troll the org for screwing up this rebuild.
The weird thing to me is why do we now live in a society that is so sensitive to every little word or like that they would use it as fuel for something as serious as you are suggesting... I mean I get it, somebody says the word "normal" now and someone who doesnt fit that category will have a problem with the damn word to the point companies will remove it from their labelling lol.
what a weak society we have become. It doesnt help anyone imo to make rules about what people can say so that when they say them they have more meaning than if there were no rules etc. it's actually counter productive to the purposes of freedom of speech when people start dictating what is or is not acceptable to do esp to the point of raising a flag when a kid likes something that agrees with someone being critical of the organization for giving him that contract even though he should show a little more tact given he also works for them
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#354 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:21 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:They are not trading Sexton or demoting him for reasons as petty as a button click on twitter. That does not disrespect KLove if anything it disrespects the org that he works for but all for good reason and if he is calling them out they have earned it though who have managed to dig themselves into a deep hole with Loves contract now that he cant play at all, are looking pretty weak for benching Dre to trade him and then not being able to so far etc moving one of the young core with no reasonable asset returning etc.

I never suggested with any amount of seriousness that Sexton was getting traded for some cheap twitter click but I would not surprise me if he did do it to troll the org for screwing up this rebuild.
The weird thing to me is why do we now live in a society that is so sensitive to every little word or like that they would use it as fuel for something as serious as you are suggesting... I mean I get it, somebody says the word "normal" now and someone who doesnt fit that category will have a problem with the damn word to the point companies will remove it from their labelling lol.
what a weak society we have become. It doesnt help anyone imo to make rules about what people can say so that when they say them they have more meaning than if there were no rules etc. it's actually counter productive to the purposes of freedom of speech when people start dictating what is or is not acceptable to do esp to the point of raising a flag when a kid likes something that agrees with someone being critical of the organization for giving him that contract even though he should show a little more tact given he also works for them

I appreciate you trying to spin this as criticism of the Cavs, but I promise you that's not how his fellow players are going to see it. They union has been trying to get as much guaranteed money to as many players for as many years as it can the entire time it's been in existence. The unwritten rule is you don't talk about another guy's contract. Now, I think that's probably going to come to a head because of things like the supermax, how much money is tied up in contracts of older players, and how little money that dynamic is leaving for other players, but the union is going to want that fight to happen in-house, not out in the open.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#355 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:32 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I appreciate you trying to spin this as criticism of the Cavs, but I promise you that's not his fellow players are going to see it. They union has been trying to get as much guaranteed money to as many players for as many years as it can the entire time it's been in existence. The unwritten rule is you don't talk about another guy's contract. Now, I think that's probably going to come to a head because of things like the supermax, how much money is tied up in contracts of older players, and how little money that dynamic is leaving for other players, but the union is going to want that fight to happen in-house, not out in the open.

Yeah I hear you, I just dont believe 1 twitter like is going to cause more than KLove farting in his locker or putting a bag of dimes in his hat and at the end of the day he will probably make light of it and blow it off. Koby on the other hand may take it personal since he seems pretty sensitive. Maybe he will conveniently remind Sexton of his tweet like when his contract negotiations come up at which point Sexton will remind him how little time he has missed as a Cav
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#356 » by JonFromVA » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:00 pm

jbk1234 wrote:What is Collin doing?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

From what I hear, my guesses are:

a) Misclicking

b) Someone who manages his account mistaking this for something Collin should be liking, or forgetting to switch accounts
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#357 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:10 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I never suggested with any amount of seriousness that Sexton was getting traded for some cheap twitter click but I would not surprise me if he did do it to troll the org for screwing up this rebuild.

I appreciate you trying to spin this as criticism of the Cavs, but I promise you that's not his fellow players are going to see it. They union has been trying to get as much guaranteed money to as many players for as many years as it can the entire time it's been in existence. The unwritten rule is you don't talk about another guy's contract. Now, I think that's probably going to come to a head because of things like the supermax, how much money is tied up in contracts of older players, and how little money that dynamic is leaving for other players, but the union is going to want that fight to happen in-house, not out in the open.

Yeah I hear you, I just dont believe 1 twitter like is going to cause more than KLove farting in his locker or putting a bag of dimes in his hat and at the end of the day he will probably make light of it and blow it off. Koby on the other hand may take it personal since he seems pretty sensitive. Maybe he will conveniently remind Sexton of his tweet like when his contract negotiations come up at which point Sexton will remind him how little time he has missed as a Cav
Again, his problem isn't going to be with the F.O. and Love won't be the only player to have an issue. You don't talk negatively about another player's money.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#358 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:00 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Again, his problem isn't going to be with the F.O. and Love won't be the only player to have an issue. You don't talk negatively about another player's money.

lol again you are claiming he talked negatively about an overpaid teammates $ and all he did supposedly was like a twitter comment claiming KLove was stealing $ because he is incapable of getting on the court. I find it very unlikely the majority or players care about that at all in fact its only the overpaid ones or the entitled ones that would take exception to what he did. Most players probably agree with him
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#359 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:13 am

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Yeah I hear you, I just dont believe 1 twitter like is going to cause more than KLove farting in his locker or putting a bag of dimes in his hat and at the end of the day he will probably make light of it and blow it off. Koby on the other hand may take it personal since he seems pretty sensitive. Maybe he will conveniently remind Sexton of his tweet like when his contract negotiations come up at which point Sexton will remind him how little time he has missed as a Cav

lol again you are claiming he talked negatively about an overpaid teammates $ and all he did supposedly was like a twitter comment claiming KLove was stealing $ because he is incapable of getting on the court. I find it very unlikely the majority or players care about that at all in fact its only the overpaid ones or the entitled ones that would take exception to what he did. Most players probably agree with him
I'm sure the majority of the players agree with the sentiment, I agree with the sentiment, but that's not the point.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#360 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Just something I've noticed. (oversimplifying prob) The cavs guards drive and it's like 90% certain they will take a runner/drive of some sort. Other teams guards drive and 2 passes to the perimeter later someone is taking a wide open 3 from the corner or wing. Our games always feel like it's Colin's turn, then it's Darius', back and forth. Guys go 5 minute stretches without touching the ball. I know it's a byproduct of who can create their own shot, but guys like Okoro may as well set up a folding chair on the perimeter while we are on offense.

Also big props to DWade, keep firing them 3's without shame. Maybe it'll catch on with other players.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers