Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,474

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#961 » by dms269 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:58 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:After T Chuck locked his own thread, anther Mod, BullyKing posted this on a locked thread

Just want to call out the impeccable logic you're displaying here. Chuck, a fan of the Mavs, is for unknown reasons biased against the Hawks and - I can't even type this part with a straight face - upset that Atlanta is on a five game winning streak? And all of this makes more sense to you than the explanation that you, a fan of the Hawks, are the one that biased when it comes to Atlanta players.

I would reply but of course I can't. Seems like another Mod abusing his position. Jamaal. I think that you are a very reasonable and fair Mod. Do you find this normal?

Not that you asked my opinion but as a mod, here it is.

I have reported posts in the past where it seems he does call out Hawk fans. Did anything happen? Doubtful.

But I just looked at that topic and, in all honesty, you did kind of bait him with your response. Engaging in the back and forth does no one good. State your reasoning and move on.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#962 » by D21 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:31 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:After T Chuck locked his own thread, anther Mod, BullyKing posted this on a locked thread

Just want to call out the impeccable logic you're displaying here. Chuck, a fan of the Mavs, is for unknown reasons biased against the Hawks and - I can't even type this part with a straight face - upset that Atlanta is on a five game winning streak? And all of this makes more sense to you than the explanation that you, a fan of the Hawks, are the one that biased when it comes to Atlanta players.

I would reply but of course I can't. Seems like another Mod abusing his position. Jamaal. I think that you are a very reasonable and fair Mod. Do you find this normal?

I gave a look, and what is strange is that on another thread with ATL, he stopped one guy trying to change the offer for John with a stupid one for Trae, and he explained why it was stupid.

So in the end, I don't think there any bias problem, and the other Mod should understand that, it's just that the offer of Chuck was not good at all, and instead of recognizing it correctly, him and the other have gone on the "biased" thing.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,013

Post#963 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am

I've had problems with him before. So many trades severely under-valuing Hawks players and he sides with or originates said under-evaluations. The Cam as filler as evidence. When I propose a counter he gives me a warning. Seems that he likes to argue and banter like a poster and use his mod status to strong arm.

I've been on these boards since about 2005 and never had any problems. I always try to behave in a respectful and intelligent manner. Now I feel that Tradeboard is to be avoided. Sad
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#964 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:40 am

dms269 wrote:

I have reported posts in the past where it seems he does call out Hawk fans. Did anything happen? Doubtful.

But I just looked at that topic and, in all honesty, you did kind of bait him with your response. Engaging in the back and forth does no one good. State your reasoning and move on.

Check the thread and you'll see that I reponded to his original OP by saying it was an absurd proposal and he's the one that came back at me.

The bias I mentioned has been observed over the last year or so. Clearly seems to be a trend of jumping Hawks trade threads and being very dismissive of Hawks player values and using his mod status to slap down arguments

As you can see the thread was re-opened by another mod and I have stayed away. No interest in dealing with the guy
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#965 » by kg01 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:25 pm

dms269 wrote:

It's weird. He seems fair at times and off the wall other times. He certainly undervalues most of our players.

I do think it's bush league for a mod to post remarks disparaging other posters in a locked thread. Like, what's the point of locking the thread? Mods are supposed to be "above" little retaliatory comments like that.
king01 :king:
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,474

Post#966 » by dms269 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:02 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
dms269 wrote:

Check the thread and you'll see that I reponded to his original OP by saying it was an absurd proposal and he's the one that came back at me.

The bias I mentioned has been observed over the last year or so. Clearly seems to be a trend of jumping Hawks trade threads and being very dismissive of Hawks player values and using his mod status to slap down arguments

As you can see the thread was re-opened by another mod and I have stayed away. No interest in dealing with the guy

Your response wasn't exactly the most tactful way to say something though.
Is somebody mad that the Hawks are on a 5 game winning streak and clearly on the rise. Horrible OP trade offer. Find one single Hawks fan that doesn't think this is absurd

You literally made a personal attack on your opening statement. I have been critical of him in the pass, but it seems that with your responses on that thread, you were looking to start something. As I tell my students, you don't have to respond everytime someone says something you don't like. You have been on here long enough to know how to deal with people. Instead of making accusations and attacking the person, attack the trade. Something as simple as: "Even though Cam has make a regression this year, the Hawks are still high on him and see him more as just salary. He was known to be a project all along. Also, while Pascal might be better overall than JC, his contract is more and the fit along side Capela is questionable due to his lack of stretching ability".

Just be smarter.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,334

Post#967 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:47 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I've had problems with him before. So many trades severely under-valuing Hawks players and he sides with or originates said under-evaluations. The Cam as filler as evidence. When I propose a counter he gives me a warning. Seems that he likes to argue and banter like a poster and use his mod status to strong arm.

I had avoided this thread though a Hawks fan had alerted me this discussion was going on. If your mods feel its appropriate to discuss another mod openly like this I respect their decision.

However, I want to address just this point and bow out again. I have never issued a warning to this poster over anything and I have never issued a warning to any poster because they disagreed with me.

If you actually look at that thread lots of posters told me how much the deal sucked. I didn't lock the thread because of that. I locked the thread because a poster wanted to make it personal instead of sticking to the deal.

Peace.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
kg01
General Manager

Post#968 » by kg01 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Our mod seems to have done a good job wrangling the discussion.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,343

Post#969 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:39 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Seems like another Mod abusing his position. Jamaal. I think that you are a very reasonable and fair Mod. Do you find this normal?

tbh, I've been here about 15 years and I've definitely had a few less than stellar encounters with some of the mods. It's a hard balance for us sometimes. We want to interact with the general population like normal posters, but we also have to remain above the fray because of the position.

On this board, the moderators have always been pretty loose because of the small number of frequent posters -- I've tried to continue that tradition. But the busier boards have to run things a bit tighter with so many extra folks coming and going.

My advice in this place: If you feel yourself getting heated over a sports debate, with a mod or otherwise, just take a break. Walk away from the keyboard, relax. Whether you come back a couple of hours later with a calmer response...or don't reply at all, you'll often find that most of the time it just isn't that serious.

And that's coming from me, the most obnoxious poster on the Hawks board during the Josh Smith era. :lol:
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#970 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:03 pm

I appreciate all the good advice. I'm not a very reactionary person, but as I said there has been a long-term pattern and what I can only label bullying when confronted. I would rather walk away, but I would rather not limit or stop using the site.

All that said, once again thanks for the advice
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#971 » by Spud2nique » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:21 pm

6 game winning streak, all that matters to me right now. :wink: :rockon:
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 503

Post#972 » by raleigh » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:28 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:If you actually look at that thread lots of posters told me how much the deal sucked.

I think you seriously underestimated how much some of us wanted to get rid of Bembry. :lol:
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,925

Post#973 » by shakes0 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:17 pm

raleigh wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:If you actually look at that thread lots of posters told me how much the deal sucked.

I think you seriously underestimated how much some of us wanted to get rid of Bembry. :lol:

I don't know anyone named Bembry. I do remember a player named Bumbry.

Similar to this team, I have no idea who Bruno Fernando is but I sure do know Bruno F-ing Fernando.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#974 » by D21 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:14 am

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I appreciate all the good advice. I'm not a very reactionary person, but as I said there has been a long-term pattern and what I can only label bullying when confronted. I would rather walk away, but I would rather not limit or stop using the site.

All that said, once again thanks for the advice

It happens, sometimes it's the OP which is not explained enough, sometimes it's your answer... and Jamal is right, better take a breath, think it twice and you always come with something simpler and avoiding any other person to overact too.
What I see (I may be wrong) is that you reacted a little bit with the weight of several months (years ?) of undervaluation of ATL players, but people can see it like an overreaction on this post only.
And we have to think that if other teams fans read the media, they are certainly undervaluing a bit ATL players since a lot of media look often biased on ATL
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,343

Post#975 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:11 pm

A couple of trade possibilities from John Hollinger of the Athletic.

Thoughts?

Code: Select all

Charlotte sends its 2021 first-round pick (top-4 protected) to Atlanta

Spoiler:
Charlotte adds a top-notch young big man to play the rim-running role next to LaMelo Ball, one they can comfortably sign this offseason given they’ll have massive cap room.

Devonte Graham represented a thorny issue for Charlotte with his restricted free agency coming up, but will be welcomed with open arms by an Atlanta team desperate for improved backup point guard play. The Hawks also have ample room below the tax to retain Graham in free agency, and his long-range shooting should allow him to play in two-guard lineups next to Trae Young.

Meanwhile, Washington fills Collins’ role for the next two seasons at a much more affordable price, important given that the Hawks were flinching at paying a potential max deal for Collins. He’s not a great defender and not the rim-runner that Collins is, but can play three positions and offers much more salary flexibility going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

Atlanta sends Oklahoma City’s 2022 first-round pick (top-14 protected in 2022, turns into seconds in 2024 and 2025) to Orlando.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#976 » by TB » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Any interest in:

Warriors get: Collins
Hawks get: Looney, 2022 lotto protected 1st, 2025 lotto protected 1st
kg01
General Manager

Post#977 » by kg01 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:24 pm

TB wrote:Any interest in:

That's fairly insulting, honestly.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#978 » by TB » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:28 pm

kg01 wrote:
TB wrote:Any interest in:

That's fairly insulting, honestly.

:lol: insulting was not what I was after. Collins probably too good for future mid/late firsts, but not good enough to give up the 2021 Minny pick. Would love him on the Warriors though if Atlanta doesn't plan to pay him and Warriors don't try to re-sign Oubre.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#979 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:55 am

How about Collins for Ant-Man?

Or Collins for Jalen Smith and draft picks

Or Collins for Saddiq Bey and Sekou Doumbouya

Or Collins for Payton Pritchard and Aaron Nesmith

Or Collins for Gary Trent Jr
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#980 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:20 pm

Collins will more than likely be involved in a sign and trade this offseason. The value is not here for the Hawks this deadline. Schlenk wants a good player and/or decent pick for John, nobody is giving us that this month.

Return to Atlanta Hawks