Game 39 : Cleveland Cavaliers (14-24) @ Miami Heat (21-18) - 8:00PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Re: Game 39 : Cleveland Cavaliers (14-24) @ Miami Heat (21-18) - 8:00PM 

Post#2 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:58 pm

thinking we lose by about 23, Olynyk makes 7 3's and Windler gets 1 clean look at a 3.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#3 » by JonFromVA » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:50 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:thinking we lose by about 23, Olynyk makes 7 3's and Windler gets 1 clean look at a 3.

So, progress?
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#4 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:05 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Harper4Ferry? wrote:thinking we lose by about 23, Olynyk makes 7 3's and Windler gets 1 clean look at a 3.

So, progress?

lol, hadn't really thought of it that way.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:01 am

the struggle continues smh
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:02 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

So, progress?

lol, hadn't really thought of it that way.
It really depends on whether the clean look happens before garbage time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:04 am

Stillwater wrote:the struggle continues smh
I don't mind losing, but I don't like losing by 20+.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:31 am

Allen looks gassed. He's playing too many minutes and being asked to do to much. I might start Wade so at least on offense he's not surrounded by 4 guys.

McGee needs to get gone. Between him getting in foul trouble, and dogging it in limited minutes, we need someone more reliable.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:47 am

The Heat are a physical team. Cavs need to try to get them on the penalty early.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:49 am

I don't think Cook is getting a second ten day contract.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:08 am

wow Heat dont know how to utilize Okpala at all. He is huge for a sg they should be able to get him molded into a sf if his handles are holding him back but he is far more skilled than he is showing here.
I would try to get him if I was Cavs for sure
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#12 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:52 am

Olynyk murders the cavs in his typical goober ways.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:01 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Olynyk murders the cavs in his typical goober ways.
Nance probably should've started at SF tonight. Wade at PF. It would've helped. I wonder if Prince is injured, injured, or let's not rush him back before the deadline injured.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:06 am

Stillwater wrote:wow Heat dont know how to utilize Okpala at all. He is huge for a sg they should be able to get him molded into a sf if his handles are holding him back but he is far more skilled than he is showing here.
They were treating him as untouchable before, but given the season he's having, I doubt he's untouchable now. The jump from the G league to playing real minutes in real rotations has that affect.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#15 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:14 am

I couldn't get the game again, something about FSN and them wanting to show me catalogue type sports shows. I'm of course still bitter about Olynyk breaking Love's shoulder in 2015. Why did Windler only get 5 minutes?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:15 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:wow Heat dont know how to utilize Okpala at all. He is huge for a sg they should be able to get him molded into a sf if his handles are holding him back but he is far more skilled than he is showing here.
They were treating him as untouchable before, but given the season he's having, I doubt he's untouchable now. The jump from the G league to playing real minutes in real rotations has that affect.

right he needs heavy minutes and he might get them here given the Cavs need for a big guard but either way Id rather have somebody like him to develop than not have somebody like him and that is the extent of my interest at this point. he has struggled with a couple injuries so he cant be that valuable to Miami in the near term anyway
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#17 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:28 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Nance probably should've started at SF tonight. Wade at PF. It would've helped. I wonder if Prince is injured, injured, or let's not rush him back before the deadline injured.

Larry had a better game, so this might be viable; but we played him a lot of minutes for a guy who recently broke his finger. If it's still bothering him or he's favoring the other hand it could effect his shot.

I'm hoping for better than 1 for 7 in the past 2 games on 3pters from our SF, though.

I think we desperately need practice time ... we should be able to watch a team like the Heat effortlessly execute their offense and at least try to mimic / defend it.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:33 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Larry had a better game, so this might be viable; but we played him a lot of minutes for a guy who recently broke his finger. If it's still bothering him or he's favoring the other hand it could effect his shot.

I'm hoping for better than 1 for 7 in the past 2 games on 3pters from our SF, though.

I think we desperately need practice time ... we should be able to watch a team like the Heat effortlessly execute their offense and at least try to mimic / defend it.

I just think that Allen is getting left alone, doubled up, and beat up too often under the boards. He's also playing too many minutes in terms of in-game stretches. I really don't want to create a situation where he gets angry or demoralized. If Nance needs to be on a minute restriction, or perhaps heal up some before he takes the floor again, then that's what should happen. This season is pretty much lost anyway.

It's eight days to the deadline. Maybe we'll get some minute eaters. The Heat have a specific offense they run regardless of personnel, and among other things, having only one PG on the roster makes that difficult for the Cavs. The Cavs could back to staggering minutes for Garland and Sexton. I don't think it will help in terms of Sexton running an offense but there are obviously people who disagree with me.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#19 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Nance probably should've started at SF tonight. Wade at PF. It would've helped. I wonder if Prince is injured, injured, or let's not rush him back before the deadline injured.

I just think that Allen is getting left alone, doubled up, and beat up too often under the boards. He's also playing too many minutes in terms of in-game stretches. I really don't want to create a situation where he gets angry or demoralized. If Nance needs to be on a minute restriction, or perhaps heal up some before he takes the floor again, then that's what should happen. This season is pretty much lost anyway.

It's eight days to the deadline. Maybe we'll get some minute eaters. The Heat have a specific offense they run regardless of personnel, and among other things, having only one PG on the roster makes that difficult for the Cavs. The Cavs could back to staggering minutes for Garland and Sexton. I don't think it will help in terms of Sexton running an offense but there are obviously people who disagree with me.

Well, like we've discussed I'm more than willing to dismiss any point bleeding that happens when our starters are not on the floor, but I counted they were on the floor for only 17 minutes .vs. the Heat.

Was it all good when they were? By all means, no. They finished the 2nd quarter and started the 3rd quarter poorly.

Having Darius in the lineup helps our ball movement, but he still has a lot to learn about running a team and I think we're just making things even harder because JBB is running rotations like everything is normal rather than adapting to our youth, the pandemic, and depth issues. If they don't have time to practice, they should use games like practice.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:03 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Well, like we've discussed I'm more than willing to dismiss any point bleeding that happens when our starters are not on the floor, but I counted they were on the floor for only 17 minutes .vs. the Heat.

Was it all good when they were? By all means, no. They finished the 2nd quarter and started the 3rd quarter poorly.

Having Darius in the lineup helps our ball movement, but he still has a lot to learn about running a team and I think we're just making things even harder because JBB is running rotations like everything is normal rather than adapting to our youth, the pandemic, and depth issues. If they don't have time to practice, they should use games like practice.

Deletes joke about having thought that's what they were doing.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers