Tobias Harris: I'm An All-Star

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Tobias Harris: I'm An All-Star 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Tobias Harris scored 30 points in a comeback win by the Philadelphia 76ers over the New York Knicks without Joel Embiid.

Harris was one of the All-Star omissions and he made a point of asserting he believed he should have been included.

"I'm an All-Star!" Harris was caught saying by the NBC Sports Philadelphia cameras.

"That's for sure what I said," Harris said postgame. "For me, that's just reaffirming that to myself. I know the fans know that, but reaffirming that to them and to myself, especially making those big plays. I try to just find motivation in different areas. That's one of them."

"He was pissed off,"  Ben Simmons said, referencing Harris and his omission from the All-Star team. "He should have been an All-Star. You got a few guys -- myself and Joel on this team, and then Tobias, I think people just take for granted how talented he is. If he was on the team I don't want to take anything away from any other All-Stars but if he was on a different team, he's going to be putting up those numbers. It's clear he's able to do that. But obviously it went the way it went, but he is, no matter what. To us, he's an All-Star, he's one of those guys who can get it done, go get a bucket. He's a big time player."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Re: Tobias Harris: I'm An All-Star 

Post#2 » by Rashidi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:39 pm

He's not but it's okay. Somebody needs to be the Derek Harper of this generation now that Mike Conley was given mercy.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,221

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Move on, dude.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,151

Post#4 » by druggas » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:36 pm

If you have to tell people, then you probably aren't.
NADALalot
Senior
And1: 352

Post#5 » by NADALalot » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:45 pm

I didn't like his personality when I saw him interviewed on First Take last year.
He's a bit too proud of himself for my liking.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,073

Post#6 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Yes Tobias, you are good enough talent wise or statistically. Many players are. But are you a star? Do fans outside of Philly tune in to watch you? Or are they tuning in to watch Simmons and Embid? Those 2 are stars without a doubt. You're a good talent but I don't get excited to watch a movie with you in the credits.
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#7 » by Huey Freeman » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Any time dudes like this say they should be all-stars the reporters need to ask them point-blank WHO spot should he have? Let's see how long they keep talking about being slighted when their words are on record. :D
Revolution starts in the mind...
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:37 pm

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:Yes Tobias, you are good enough talent wise or statistically. Many players are. But are you a star? Do fans outside of Philly tune in to watch you? Or are they tuning in to watch Simmons and Embid? Those 2 are stars without a doubt. You're a good talent but I don't get excited to watch a movie with you in the credits.

I'm definitely not tuning in to see Simmons not shoot. I'd rather watch Tobias. But neither of those two would be considered in the West. Embiid is the show for sure!
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,831

Post#9 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:12 pm

He's not, but is he a bitch?
Lobdog31
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Lobdog31 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:24 am

He's definitely not an all-star. Why would Phili deserve 3 guys? Only spot he could have taken is Ben's.

I agree with the dude below. Say it with your chest! Call out who shouldn't have made it if your so confident.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion