ImageImageImage

Fire Ainge: Thanks Danny, but it's time to go

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,535

Re: Fire Ainge: Thanks Danny, but it's time to go 

Post#621 » by Setshot33 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:57 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Setshot33 wrote: But let's compare quite possibly the best G.M. in sports history to Danny Ainge who has one championship in 18 years as G.M. which he owes to his buddy McHale anyway.

Absolutely compare the two.

Danny regularly ran his mouth about how Red ran the team...how he should've traded Bird and McHale, etc....Guess he's finding out he couldn't shine Red's brogans......
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#622 » by Green89 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:58 am

Read on Twitter
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#623 » by GoGreen » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:06 am

I created this thread after the Hayward debacle and I stand by it.

Fire Ainge. It's time.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#624 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:46 am

I don't think the issue here is Ainge's personnel selection. He had a terrible offseason except in the draft. It happens. Many personnel moves fail, even ones made by Red Auerbach or Jerry West.

Brad, however, is having his second year in the past three of ineffective coaching, and the one sandwiched between had some imperfections too. I get that this is one of the hardest years to coach in a long time, but Brad seems to be doing worse than a number of his peers. And Ainge hasn't done anything useful we can detect to get Brad onto a better path.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here and thinking I know what Brad should do to improve in this year that teaching is so extraordinarily difficult, at least at the 100,000-foot level:
-- Pick a scheme and a matching rotation ...
-- ... so as to reduce the volume of what needs to be effectively taught!
-- Work with Ainge to agree on rotation tradeoffs between immediate results and player development.

And at the 30,000-foot level I have a pretty good idea of what the rotations and offensive schemes should be:
-- A multiple-actions offense, heavy on the high screens, because that's what Stevens has been trying to teach all along.
-- A P&R center (Theis/Time Lord) doing P&R things, other offensive help (passing, seals, high screens), and switchable defense.
-- A natural PG (Smart/Pritchard) to keep the offense flowing and reset it as needed.
-- The top creative scorers (Tatum, Walker, Brown) staggered in the lineup as much as possible.
-- More variety in who's involved in P&Rs and DHOs (if all you have is a hammer, get a broad variety of nails).
-- Emphasis on moving without the ball, with willingness to do that smartly being a huge determinant of who does or doesn't get minutes. WIth that plan, Nesmith would get minutes. Grant would play better or sit (it could either way). Etc.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#625 » by BillessuR6 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:48 am

We need fresh blood!

But since I do not envision Ainge and Stevens being fired my only hope is that we finally get Brad some help because his offensive and defensive systems are not good. Just stop with these young, inexperienced assistant coaches…

If it was my choice though... Yes, it is time we move on from Ainge and Stevens.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Post#626 » by OldCeltics » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:59 pm

Ainge is garbage. Horrible free agent signings, lettings multiple star level players go for nothing, obsession with undersized guards. That should be enough to get him fired.

Ainge has no idea how to build a team. If McHale doesn't gift him KG, we'd be 20 years without a championship.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#627 » by Ernest » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Wah Wah Wah
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#628 » by OldCeltics » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm

See you Danny, you can leave along with Stevens.

We need championships, not excuses.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#629 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:17 am

Kevin McHale provided the Celtics with their only championship in 35 years.

Ainge only provided a high-paying job to his idiot son.

Should fire Ainge, replace him with Kleine and Pinckney.

Then burn his Blue Jays uniform too.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach

Post#630 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:26 am

GoGreen wrote:I created this thread after the Hayward debacle and I stand by it.

Fire Ainge. It's time.

The debacle was getting rid of a third of the roster to sign Hayward to the fifth-highest contract in the NBA at the time.
flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,780

Post#631 » by flintsky21 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:01 am

Danny Ainge. The man who can't be moved.
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#632 » by moonie_mcgee » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Binging up Ainge's trade with McHale is a good point in this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to reverse our current course with something of that magnitude. In this case, a series of moves that massively overhauls our current roster. Where Tatum is the one main keeper (Pierce), a yet to be determined, eventual HOFer wallowing away somewhere in his prime (Allen), and a massive trade of promising young chips (Jefferson, Green, Gomes) to both facilate the main keeper trade and clear the field for solid vets. You all probably have ideas who all these actors may be. This massive redirect is really something Ainge might do. Personally I think with Tatum's great friendship with Beal and the current team-up trend would most likely be part of it.
That's the Way of the World
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,430

Post#633 » by Fierce1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:45 am

Why not make an online petition for the firing of Danny Ainge?
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#634 » by Green89 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:08 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Why not make an online petition for the firing of Danny Ainge?

To have 4 teams (Hawks, Hornets, Knicks, Nets) leapfrog us in the standings when we had all these all stars over the past few years, and all those draft picks, is justification enough to do this. The only issue is, will ownership care? I think a lot will depend on this trade deadline. If Danny whiffs, I say fire it up.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#635 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:28 pm

Ownership loves Ainge. He gets them millions for hosting playoff games without going into the luxury tax. Since there's really no fans this season they probably don't care all that much about this season. Ainge isn't getting fired as he gives them exactly what they want.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#636 » by OldCeltics » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:42 pm

I'm not watching Celtics this year. Its disgraceful.

Fire Ainge and Stevens
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,313

Post#637 » by Red2 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:40 pm

The bad drafting plus losing 3 key free agents plus numerous other guys who helped has been really hard to accept.Danny has basically crapped the bed for the past 3 years and now the cupboard is bare. Yeah, he got unlucky for sure but he is on a massive losing streak and can’t seem to do anything right. Even letting Enes go so that he could sign Tristan Thompson was a mistake. Our chemistry was much better with Enes. Brad is to blame for sure but Brad can only so do much with the crap players Danny has given him. The Kemble signing really got me. I hated that deal when we did it because I thought it was a panic move to losing horford and Kyrie and I also thought Kemble was on the downside of his career. I hate being right about that but its absolutely the case. The only way out of this mess that i see is to turn this miserable season into a good draft pick and hope that we can use the TPE on a quality free agent. Maybe we add a new coach as well. Something has to change. And for goodness sake please find someone who can evaluate talent and do a better job drafting
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Post#638 » by chrisab123 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:27 am

They beat Orlando today! Time to lock this thread for now!!!
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach

Time to throw in the towel? 

Post#639 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:52 am

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Re: Time to throw in the towel? 

Post#640 » by playa-hater » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:07 am

after the trade deadline we will know better.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS

Return to Boston Celtics