NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Re: NBA Draft - 2021 Draft Prospects 

Post#41 » by Catchall » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:51 am

I could see the Jazz going after Giddey to be the next Joe Ingles. They'd probably need to move up to do it though.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#42 » by Catchall » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:57 am

babyjax13 wrote:I want Ayo Dosunmu desperately, I think he's worth sacrificing assets to move up for. I'm not really liking a lot of the guys people are talking about in this thread, though, which is strange, because as a board it seems like we seem to cluster around the same prospects. I do like Prkacin, though. He has that mean streak on drives young Chandler Parsons had.

I looked at Dosunmu last year (I think). He had decent speed on straight-line drives and decent measurables -- some of the same appeal as Shake Milton a couple years back. I'll check him out.

Edit: Dosunmu's body looks a lot better this year. He's gotten stronger, has better balance and has gotten a bit shiftier. He's putting in work. He's also showing a lot of vision handling and passing as a primary initiator.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
cashmachine
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#43 » by cashmachine » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:32 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I want Ayo Dosunmu desperately, I think he's worth sacrificing assets to move up for. I'm not really liking a lot of the guys people are talking about in this thread, though, which is strange, because as a board it seems like we seem to cluster around the same prospects. I do like Prkacin, though. He has that mean streak on drives young Chandler Parsons had.

I looked at Dosunmu last year (I think). He had decent speed on straight-line drives and decent measurables -- some of the same appeal as Shake Milton a couple years back. I'll check him out.

Edit: Dosunmu's body looks a lot better this year. He's gotten stronger, has better balance and has gotten a bit shiftier. He's putting in work. He's also showing a lot of vision handling and passing as a primary initiator.

Well put me on the Giddy and Dosunmu trains. I would like either one since both would be really good fits here.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#44 » by Catchall » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:01 am

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#45 » by goober » Thu Mar 4, 2021 8:54 pm

I'm on the Josh Giddey hype train and I think the mans could actually turnout to be a high level starter.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#46 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 5, 2021 12:23 am

Goober wrote:I'm on the Josh Giddey hype train and I think the mans could actually turnout to be a high level starter.

It depends on his shooting, but yeah.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#47 » by peZt » Fri Mar 5, 2021 1:26 pm

If he develops his 3 point shot more, he could basically be Kevin Love 2.0.
Leading scorer in the turkish league, one of the leaders in Rebounding and Block %. Also leading the league in TS% at a ridiculious 69% being the #1 option. At age 18
He's mainly operating in the low post for his team but in the NBA he would be more of a pick and roll/pop threat with he occasional spot up 3 and post up, given his great fluidity, handles and touch for his size. Also great passing instincts and overall BB IQ. Reminds me a lot of Kevin Love. Could be a great fit at the 4. Unsure he falls to 30 though

The step back 3 is already there. See 2:04

Also guess who is mentor is

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Catchall
RealGM

Post#48 » by Catchall » Sun Mar 7, 2021 12:42 am

Catchall wrote:

Dosunmu with another good game today. I think he looks better than Coby White, tbh. He probably goes 1st round.

Kofi Cockburn is a beast too, but I guess he's redundant with Udoka.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#49 » by Catchall » Sun Mar 7, 2021 3:55 am

Isaiah Todd is starting to look draftable, imo. Probably early 2nd round, but could be relevant for the Jazz.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#50 » by Catchall » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:50 am

Here's an interesting guard at Arizona -- 6'7" freshman Bennedict Mathurin. Long wingspan, decent athlete, shoots over 41% on 3s, shoots 85% at the FT line. Still only 18. He could fill out to a 6'7"/210-lb, 3D wing

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#51 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:24 am

[quote="Catchall"]Here's an interesting guard at Arizona -- 6'7" freshman Bennedict Mathurin. Long wingspan, decent athlete, shoots over 41% on 3s, shoots 85% at the FT line. Still only 18. He could fill out to a 6'7"/210-lb, 3D wing

[/quote
Kid looks good. Plus I see my Rams beat the Hawks
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,281

Post#52 » by babyjax13 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 am

Jaden Ivey looks like he could be great. In the second round I like Herb Jones, but a bit of bias there because I am in grad school at UA now. The Oregon guy (Duarte) could be good in the second, too, but I don't really trust him in the first because any 24 year old in the gleague should also be able to tear it up in college.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#53 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:42 am

babyjax13 wrote:Jaden Ivey looks like he could be great. In the second round I like Herb Jones, but a bit of bias there because I am in grad school at UA now. The Oregon guy (Duarte) could be good in the second, too, but I don't really trust him in the first because any 24 year old in the gleague should also be able to tear it up in college.

Did the Jazz just trade away their 2RP in this draft?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,281

Post#54 » by babyjax13 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:19 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Jaden Ivey looks like he could be great. In the second round I like Herb Jones, but a bit of bias there because I am in grad school at UA now. The Oregon guy (Duarte) could be good in the second, too, but I don't really trust him in the first because any 24 year old in the gleague should also be able to tear it up in college.

Did the Jazz just trade away their 2RP in this draft?

Yes, they did (for Thomas), although it will be easy enough to buy one if we find someone we like.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#55 » by Catchall » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Isaiah Todd is a 1st-rd prospect, imo. I could make an argument for him over Greg Brown.

He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#56 » by stitches » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 am

Watching Arkansas vs Baylor... Davion Mitchell is interesting. He has some really impressive burst off the dribble and is built like a tank. Very nifty finishes around the basket. Wears no. 45 too. Very very interesting... I like him. (edit: and just as they started cutting his drives to the basket he switches to facilitator mode for 2 consecutive wide open 3s... LOVE IT! Don't love his defense though... kind of upright and seems to ball watch more than I like)

Moses Moody is blah. Has some off the dribble flashes, especially for his size, fluid, long... but kind of underwhelming in his impact. Not sure he's a real lottery pick.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#57 » by stitches » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:19 pm

Watching Gonzaga vs USC now. Gonzaga is such a great team to watch... high IQ, smart, good players all around playing team basketball. I love Suggs. He's been one of the best prospects I've watched this year. He's an amazing passer... don't let the relatively low assist numbers fool you, they suffer from the same thing most of our players do - assists being spread out among all ballhandlers. IMO he will make some team very happy. Timme is such a great college basketball player- skilled, smart, great passing big, can score too. Kispert - similar to Timme in some ways but also an amazing shooter. No idea if they have future in the league(Kispert maybe?, Timme - probably not), but I love watching both of them. Ayayi is an interesting guard prospect too. Has size and length and athleticism. Has OK skill and improving shooter. Looks a bit like Oni to me. Definitely a player I would love to get in the second if he's available... and if he declares.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,018

Post#58 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:06 pm

Other than the home runs of Mitchell and Gobert, this front office has been pretty bad with drafting. I am quite convinced that we will collectively find one or two gems that the Jazz will overlook or be unwilling to take a chance on. For example, this board was pretty high on Reed and Talen Horton Tucker as 2nd round picks. The Jazz don't value second round picks at all, to their detriment. Jaden McDaniels would have been a much better pick this last draft than Doke (and fill an area of need), and most of us were willing to take the big swing on him given the Jazz's late first round pick position. I imagine it will be the same this draft. Fortunately, they are pretty good about finding unsigned/undrafted players (Ingles and Royce) and thank goodness we have Mitchell and Gobert.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#59 » by Catchall » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:21 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Other than the home runs of Mitchell and Gobert, this front office has been pretty bad with drafting. I am quite convinced that we will collectively find one or two gems that the Jazz will overlook or be unwilling to take a chance on. For example, this board was pretty high on Reed and Talen Horton Tucker as 2nd round picks. The Jazz don't value second round picks at all, to their detriment. Jaden McDaniels would have been a much better pick this last draft than Doke (and fill an area of need), and most of us were willing to take the big swing on him given the Jazz's late first round pick position. I imagine it will be the same this draft. Fortunately, they are pretty good about finding unsigned/undrafted players (Ingles and Royce) and thank goodness we have Mitchell and Gobert.

If I were the Jazz I'd be looking for two things:

1) A dynamic and versatile guard to play next to Mitchell longer term. This is someone who has some size, can play both on and off the ball, and can guard multiple positions. Think Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. In this draft, this is where Giddey, Dosunmo, Mathurin and *maybe* Brandon Boston would fit. The Tennessee guys also fit, but they'll be long gone.

2) An athletic wing with some size/length who can score at 3 levels and score in isolation. No one's really popping for me here at the moment. I'm curious about Marcus Bagley and Isaiah Todd. I think Ziaire Williams might drop a bit. I need to check him out more.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
cashmachine
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#60 » by cashmachine » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:41 pm

I have to say I like Todd better then I do Greg Brown right now(that gap has widened a bit). He's gotta be pretty high on the board and I'll be surprised if he's there. Another guy i like who i think has played pretty well this year is Tre Mann. Versatile guard who can score and he's a smart player.

Right now Dosunmu is probably the guy i really want because of his 2-way potential, but i think Todd has to be right up there along with Giddey. Another international guy i think fits well here is Mojave King

So for me it's

1. Dosunmu
2a. Todd
2b. Giddey
3a. Tre Mann
3b. Mojave King
4. Charles Bassey(Has a little Bam Adebayo in him)

Return to Utah Jazz