jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Re: Game 40 : Boston Celtics (20-19) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (14-25) - 8:00 PM 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:24 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:I will say, opposing team's fans and announcers recognize what a problem keeping Garland and Sexton out of the paint is and how hard Okoro's play on D even if they seem completely off the radar of the national media.

Maybe Ainge will get desperate and trade Nesmith to us for some vets because it doesn't look like Stevens can find the kid any minutes even with the C's struggling to sink a 3pter and playing just .500 ball.
I'm a little nervous about trading Cedi because he can always come in and give you minutes on defense against guys like Tatum. Even if he doesn't stop them from scoring, he makes them work for it.

As far as Nesmith, it might be that they're not playing him because they don't want to lower his trade value.

They seem to have pretty much pushed him off the radar of trade value already.

Cedi is on a good contract for what he brings. I'm perfectly fine if we end up keeping him, but trading him for a younger player with potentially more upside would be a solid move as well given the time frame of our core.

Brad wouldn't play his rookie ... but don't you think Cedi and/or JaVale would be a better option for them then some of the players he did use?

I'd take a shot on Nesmith and Fall if Danny gets desperate. Two of their best players in +/- and Brad won't play them.
We're only getting Nesmith if Nance is going out and he's a guy I would only consider trading on draft day, in a move up scenario, with a team like the Wolves if they keep their pick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,380

Post#22 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:42 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I'm a little nervous about trading Cedi because he can always come in and give you minutes on defense against guys like Tatum. Even if he doesn't stop them from scoring, he makes them work for it.

As far as Nesmith, it might be that they're not playing him because they don't want to lower his trade value.

Cedi is on a good contract for what he brings. I'm perfectly fine if we end up keeping him, but trading him for a younger player with potentially more upside would be a solid move as well given the time frame of our core.

Brad wouldn't play his rookie ... but don't you think Cedi and/or JaVale would be a better option for them then some of the players he did use?

I'd take a shot on Nesmith and Fall if Danny gets desperate. Two of their best players in +/- and Brad won't play them.
We're only getting Nesmith if Nance is going out and he's a guy I would only consider trading on draft day, in a move up scenario, with a team like the Wolves if they keep their pick.

IMO, Nance is worth more than the 14th pick in the draft that hasn't been showing much, especially on his contract; and the Cavs certainly are not desperate to move him.

It comes down to this ... if the Celtics call and say they'd really like to add Cedi and McGee to shore up their bench, what could they give up to get it done?

Do you want Langford? Ojeleye?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

IMO, Nance is worth more than the 14th pick in the draft that hasn't been showing much, especially on his contract; and the Cavs certainly are not desperate to move him.

It comes down to this ... if the Celtics call and say they'd really like to add Cedi and McGee to shore up their bench, what could they give up to get it done?

If those are my options, I want a good second for McGee from someone else and Cedi can stay put.

If you force me to make a choice, it's Langford.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#24 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:We're only getting Nesmith if Nance is going out and he's a guy I would only consider trading on draft day, in a move up scenario, with a team like the Wolves if they keep their pick.

If those are my options, I want a good second for McGee from someone else and Cedi can stay put.

If you force me to make a choice, it's Langford.

That's the thing. Nobody is forcing us to trade with Boston. I doubt we'd even want to after the Isaiah Thomas fiasco.

So, they either give us something useful or Ainge can go knock somewhere else and try to find a GM he hasn't already screwed in a deal.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#25 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:36 pm

JonFromVA wrote:I will say, opposing team's fans and announcers recognize what a problem keeping Garland and Sexton out of the paint is and how hard Okoro's play on D even if they seem completely off the radar of the national media.

Maybe Ainge will get desperate and trade Nesmith to us for some vets because it doesn't look like Stevens can find the kid any minutes even with the C's struggling to sink a 3pter and playing just .500 ball.

It was obvious the celtics are missing Kemba more than anyone loast night not too say that wouldnt want Cedi or McGee etc but I highly doubt snake Ainge is giving up anyone he drafted recently in the lottery for a role player. The Celtics are kind of stuck right now as they are not really a contender with the strength of the East shifting and at the end of the day they need a major improvement at either pg that defends or a stretch center to take them over the hump
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#26 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Stillwater wrote:

It was obvious the celtics are missing Kemba more than anyone loast night not too say that wouldnt want Cedi or McGee etc but I highly doubt snake Ainge is giving up anyone he drafted recently in the lottery for a role player. The Celtics are kind of stuck right now as they are not really a contender with the strength of the East shifting and at the end of the day they need a major improvement at either pg that defends or a stretch center to take them over the hump

We'll see. There's a point where an owner may step in and force a GM to do something he otherwise wouldn't do.

I wouldn't expect that from teams like Boston or Golden State, but there's certainly a high level of disappointment with the Celtics over their record, and the Warriors are going to be spending a ton of luxury tax hoping Klay Thompson coming off two surgeries and some player development can lift them from a .500 team back in to contention.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:50 pm

The Celtics board is in shambles rn. We broke them. Now they want to be sellers and the guys they're looking to sell will be either hard to move at all (Kemba, TT, and Teague) or are bringing back second round picks (Theil, draft busts...)

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Stillwater wrote:

They were hoping that starting Smart instead would help them break out of their funk. Kemba has been very meh this year and he's playing on a knee that's a ticking time bomb.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#29 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 pm

I hate watching the celtics. Theiss is a talentless hacker who cries about every single call. Tatum is obviously great, but sometimes he's daydreaming out there. Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge are both dudes that think they're smarter than everyone else and it's great to see them both have comeuppance. I mean Brooklyn is likely to win the title before Boston in spite of the fact that Boston stole all their draft picks for 5 years.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#30 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

They were hoping that starting Smart instead would help them break out of their funk. Kemba has been very meh this year and he's playing on a knee that's a ticking time bomb.

they def need an upgrade to Kemba that isnt a great defender if they actually want to contend, but they def needed his offense to win last night and him being there probably has the Cavs losing 5 straight.
I dont know for sure what is going on with that roster but as good as he still is Tatum is NOT the same player post covid infection he is a step or two slower plays with a lot less fire and tbh looks like some of the other players esp Smart are a step slow too.
The Cavs better count their blessings they are not dealing with it like that if they are not already
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers