Jurgen Klopp: \'Almost Impossible\' For Liverpool To Finish In Top-4

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Jurgen Klopp: \'Almost Impossible\' For Liverpool To Finish In Top-4 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Jurgen Klopp concedes it will be \"almost impossible\" for Liverpool to finish in the top-4.

“I like to be an optimist, but in the league it is almost impossible to qualify in the competition for the Champions League places that we have,” Klopp told the German newspaper Bild. At Tottenham, Gareth Bale is now playing again, and they are also in the running. Plus [Manchester] City and United, who are far away. Chelsea is on the rise. Reaching Champions League qualification through the league will be difficult, we know that.”

Liverpool are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League but Klopp added: “You don’t usually win the Champions League itself in a year with injury worries as big as we have. Then in the worst case it will be next year: no Champions League, maybe Europa League, although that is not guaranteed either.”

Klopp recognized the financial hit Liverpool will take without the Champions League, but doesn\'t believe his job would be in danger.

“It would mean a huge financial loss,” he said regarding a lack of Champions League football. “Otherwise not that much. I am aware, in almost all football clubs in the world, I would be questioned in a situation like our current one.

“This is completely normal, reality, the business. I would accept that immediately. But it’s different here in Liverpool. Our owners, the sports director, even the players, nobody doubts anyone here. We have accepted the situation for ourselves and fight our way through it.

Via PA Media

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion